Notice: Undefined index: is_suspicious in /home/wicca/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs_badbehavior_bbc.php on line 26
I'm Faith :)
Welcome, Guest
March 30, 2020, 03:44:57 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm Faith :)  (Read 3960 times)

Lunamo

• Alder
I'm Faith :)
« on: January 21, 2011, 03:06:53 PM »

Hi my name's Faith. I'm extremly new to Wicca and havent yet proclaimed it as my own religion. however, I'm very interested in doing so, I would just like to learn more before i just jump into a hot tub thinking its a pool.. i havnt renounced my current/previous religion either... I would love to discuss the religion but I'm fairly ignorant about it.. I did read a bool called "the Wiccan Handbook" by Eilleen Holland so i do know a little but  I'm still not very well-versed. Any helps or just talking will help and hopefull I'll find some stuff out on my own in the forums but Anywho. Thanks  ;D

Hjolmaer

Re: I'm Faith :)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 03:27:04 PM »

And what religion is it that you haven't left behind?

Why are you considering changing?

What about Wicca, specifically, calls to you?

What other paths have you researched?

Welcome aboard, by the way.  Check the stickied threads (name is in bold type, and it has a push-pin symbol next to it) in the Newbies, Wicca Q&A, Pagan Q&A and Newbies sections.

rainman657

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 04:45:05 PM »

I agree with this moderator, your introduction didnt exactly specify why you chose wicca or what is wrong with your previous religion. I don't really want to know myself, but I find it useful if people explain things like that to others, it tends to help the individual understand their own reasoning better.

-personally i was thinking of waiting till my 75th post to make my introduction  :-p

welcome.  ;D

Hjolmaer

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 04:58:00 PM »

I'll just have to hack the forum server and make it your first post then.....

I mostly ask those questions for the OP's benefit.  Help them start sorting.

rainman657

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 06:11:12 PM »

well i suppose if you really want I could post an introduction. There really isnt much to say about me that cant be read in some of my posts.  :-p

Hjolmaer

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 06:24:48 PM »

To be honest, it never struck me that you never did an intro post.

Myself, I could care less.  Keep hammering away at the keyboard.  Intro or no.

<-----defines "hacking a computer" as using a wood ax.......

rainman657

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 06:28:55 PM »

To be honest, I never felt the need, for an intro, but then again it wasn't until my 40th post that I realized I didn't make one. I just read a lot of topics, and post to what seems interesting enough to entertain me, even the slightest bit.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 07:22:39 PM »

Welcome Faith.
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

edens garden

• Walnut
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 08:14:16 PM »

To be honest, I never felt the need, for an intro, but then again it wasn't until my 40th post that I realized I didn't make one. I just read a lot of topics, and post to what seems interesting enough to entertain me, even the slightest bit.

How are we even supposed to take you seriously without an intro? Just log off the computer and give up right now! >:( >:( >:(

( ;) ;D :-*)
In the magic of the northern woods I learn
Lift your song up to the winds and watch it turn
I own nothing I own not even my soul
In the silence of the heart all things unfold
-Trevor Hall

rainman657

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 09:00:11 PM »

How are we even supposed to take you seriously without an intro? Just log off the computer and give up right now! >:( >:( >:(

( ;) ;D :-*)

Well, I suppose that would depend on entirely what I post. If I type something that was clearly meant to be sarcastic or even appears to be then that is likely how i intended it, if it is something serious then i would have it come off that way. :-p :-p :-p

sewenchanted

• Oak
  • "an unnatural creature"
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 06:49:06 PM »

Hello Faith. Read, read&  read... :)

Rainman.....personally I enjoy reading your thoughts&  opinions .... seems to me you have a good soul.  :)
"I'm the one whose has to die when its my time to die, so let me live my life the way I want to. "
                             "Hendrix"

rainman657

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 06:54:52 PM »

Hello Faith. Read, read&  read... :)

Rainman.....personally I enjoy reading your thoughts&  opinions .... seems to me you have a good soul.  :)

I am honored by your kind words.

Hjolmaer

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 06:56:57 PM »

I hope Faith comes back soon.

@Rainman: you've mentioned elsewhere that you don't speak of your craft, why not?

And look at that: only 14 more posts before we get an intro from you.  ;)

Back to Faith:

The more you put in here, the more you'll take out of the experience.  Just gotta get that first step taken and the rest get easier.

rainman657

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 08:10:36 PM »

I do not speak of my craft until I am positive of the intent of the person I am speaking to or for that matter writing to. I have met several people who call themselves Wiccan because they practice black magic, then they have turned to me for further training and advice.

Only those who show me that they have positive intentions, and genuine love in their hearts are the ones I  discuss my specific craft in great detail.

I have been studying wicca in detail since 2006, but in that time I have only has one student, and one person who turned to me as a guide.

Snake-Man

• Walnut
  • Trump is still your President.
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 08:58:56 PM »

Only those who show me that they have positive intentions, and genuine love in their hearts are the ones I  discuss my specific craft in great detail.

But where's the fun in that??  Sometimes it's good to be bad.   ;)

Oh, I would so rip you to shreds...figuratively, not literaly....................unless I had good reason to...
"A society that robs an individual of the product of his effort...is not strictly speaking a society, but a mob held together by institutionalized gang violence."--Ayn Rand
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up