Welcome, Guest
September 17, 2019, 11:57:44 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi, I'm Addie and I guess this is my Intro  (Read 1030 times)

addiek

• Alder
    • Kailene's Study (Wordpress Blog)
Hi, I'm Addie and I guess this is my Intro
« on: January 27, 2011, 10:01:41 PM »

Well, as stated in the title, my name's Addie. I'm a student on the path (I in fact plan to perform my dedication on the new moon.) I have known and had an interest in Wicca since I was 11. (I was introduced to it in a rather odd fashion - asked to assist in a love spell by my very naive father.) At around 14, I began to read and research a lot. I had even started a make-shift BOS, but once my mother discovered it, she threw it out and bestowed upon me a thorough preaching session. After that, my interest remained, but I limited my interaction with it.

When I moved out to go to college, I set out with the intent to again delve into study. I lucked out in that my school had a club just for pagans to gather and share their beliefs. I met my boyfriend there, who was raised Wiccan, and I am very grateful to have him as he is a great source of support and someone to whom I can direct all my "dumb questions."

I was raised in various forms of protestant Christianity (with an emphasis on Southern Baptist traditions.) However, while I had a respect for deity, I never felt at home in that religion. I always felt like I was being cheated out of so much - being made to think that as a human, I was better than any other form on life on the planet, by the sense of passiveness that comes out of the "leave it in God's hands" ideology, to name a few. I never considered myself a religious person when I was in the "world of Christianity." However, since I've had free range to explore Wicca, I find that I am very excited by it, and have found a joy in my spirituality that I never had before. There is no doubt in my mind that this is the path for me, and I am ready and willing to embrace it.

All that said, hi TCC. How are you? =D

Snake-Man

• Walnut
  • What fresh Hell is this??
Re: Hi, I'm Addie and I guess this is my Intro
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 10:11:55 PM »

How am I??  I'm fine.

Welcome to the boards.  Take a look at the stickied threads (they have a thumb-tack icon next to them) in the "Wicca Q&A" and "Pagan Q&A" sections of the message boards.  Also click the link on Wicca on the main page (the one you go through to get to the message boards) if you haven't already.

Also, don't be afraid to explore other paths before deciding on Wicca.  Some people (like me) have used Wicca as a stepping stone, but have branched out and moved on to other pagan paths.

<--Solitary Eclectic Nocturnal Witch.
Trump is still your President.

addiek

• Alder
    • Kailene's Study (Wordpress Blog)
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 10:21:36 PM »

Will do.
Also, I must compliment the Adam Savage quote in your signature. It's one of my favorites.

Hjolmaer

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 06:50:51 AM »

Welcome aboard.  Snake covered the bulk of what I usually ramble about, so I'll just add that in your research discern with care.

Question everything.  In the end, you'll either verify whatever it is your questioning, debunk it, or at the least gain a better understanding of it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up