Welcome, Guest
December 11, 2019, 03:46:26 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Wicca is an evil religion. Wiccans worship Satan  (Read 29519 times)

lamia

• Elm
Wicca is an evil religion. Wiccans worship Satan
« on: January 29, 2011, 07:30:14 AM »

Sorry but this just made my blood boil and I have to get it of my chest! Would be interested to here what others think.

Wicca is an evil religion. Wiccans worship Satan whether they think they do or not. Wicca is a dangerous religion. One gets involved with demons and such by becoming involved with Wicca. I would strongly recommend against getting involved with Wicca.
Written on a Christian forum - this is one of the replies when a Christian was asked by her Wicca friend to wittiness a Wicca ceremony (not join in). The Wiccan friend also goes to church with her Christian friend, probably as do most of us with our friends and family at some time or other.
I wanted to post this reply on their forum but didn?t want to register and then be bombarded with disapproval and I certainly don?t want them praying for my soul. 

Worship Satan!??  as I don?t believe in him how can I worship him, bit difficult for me, oh yes and wasn?t he god?s best friend once?  That?s the all forgiving god by the way.

?whether they think they do or not?  HOW DARE THEY. Do they seriously think that we don?t know who we worship, it beggars belief.

?One gets involved with demons and such by becoming involved with Wicca?  I?ve been practicing witchcraft for over forty years and I?ve yet to meet a demon let alone get involved with it, can anyone tell me where I?ve been going wrong!! 

I was searching to see how tolerant Christians are of others beliefs, not all of them are so dogmatic, but this one got to me.

Why do they think we all have ulterior motives?
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a attractive and well preserved body, but  rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ?WOO HOO what a ride!!?

Hjolmaer

Re: Wicca is an evil religion. Wiccans worship Satan
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 08:18:41 AM »

They don't think "we" do.  They honestly believe that any religion which is not their's is a construct of Lucifer. As for the rest, it's what they've been spoon-fed, and for people like that, if their religious leader says it's so, than it might as well be cast in stone truth.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 09:30:12 AM »

Look, it happens ALL the TIME.  We USED TO get a post nearly every other day about this sort of thing.  We are used to it.

There are some folks out there that, no matter WHAT kind of scientific evidence is presented about the age of the Earth and Mankind will STILL tell you to your face that it's all ONLY about 7000 years old.

LET ALONE the constructs that would ACTUALLY lend credence to the "worshipping the devil" issue.

Move on.  There's a lot of better things to think about.
How soon IS now and who IS John Galt?

Rhea Li

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 09:37:06 AM »

Look, it happens ALL the TIME.  We USED TO get a post nearly every other day about this sort of thing.  We are used to it.

I'm wondering if my thread about how to use the search function is invisible to certain people... Or do they post on impulse without a second thought that maybe someone has already said something about these topics...?

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 09:43:06 AM »

There is a percentage of Christians who honestly believe that if you don't believe in their God and Jesus Christ, then you are a follower of Satan. Same can be said of a percentage of Muslims or Jews or just about any religion you can name.
Trying to convince them that being wiccan or pagan is no different than being ....Buddhist won't work. They think Buddhists are satanists too. Heck, some even think the Pope is the anti christ. (hmmmmmm...he just might be now I think about it)
Complaining to the publications only feeds their fire, so to speak. Not worth the effort and it can come back to bite you. They could publish your letter, reveal your name as a devil worshiper and if your close by picket your home or place of work. All sorts of nuts out there.

There are a number of things you should never do with friends....
Never lend money, never have sex, never discuss politics, and never reveal your true religious convictions.

Mijska5

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 12:05:46 PM »

Sounded like a troll or an idiot to me. I would move past it. It has no effect on your life what another person thinks, or wants to believe.

What they were spoon fed is an excuse. I was spoon fed many things, but have learned otherwise easily. Why, just yesterday, I learned that my interpretation of flirting is far from the real definition. I thought flirting was to court someone, when it has in reality, no intentions of courting.

Therefore, I changed how I think.  And according to the above definition: I've never flirted in my life. I've only done so with intentions, therefore it was courting. @_@ It was a bit of a shock when I found out, but hey, I'm adapting to it, and it's easier to tell what people's intentions are when I know the real meaning.

If they refuse to change how they think, they're being stubborn bigots. An open mind leads to an open heart.  And playing their game, falling for their bait, is exactly what you DON'T want to do.

Their opinions are meaningless if you allow them to be, or they can ruin your life.

Snake-Man

• Walnut
  • What fresh Hell is this??
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 12:23:44 PM »

Reminds me of the book "He Came To Set The Captives Free" by Rebecca Brown, MD.  Nothing but anit-witch propaganda.  If you ever find a copy of this book, burn it, so no other minds are corrupted by it.

A passage from Chapter 13 on "Doorways"...this is the section that really got my blood boiling--

"Any dealings with the occult, no matter how lightly or briefly, is a doorway (to demonic possession).  I am referring to such things as playing with your horoscope, the curiosity visit to a fortune teller, tea leaf reader, palm reader, etc.  How many of our school and church carnivals for fund raising have a fortune teller of some sort?  None of these are harmless!!!  Innocent young children are allowed to go to these people at such events for "something fun to do".  How many of these children are then unable in their future life to ever accept Jesus as their personal Savior, or, if they are already a Christian, at some later date lose interest, or are just unable to grow to any depth in their Christianity?  Just one visit to a seance out of curiosity is enough to affect the rest of your life.  So is studying books on the occult arts, playing with a ouija board, trying out ESP, psychic experiences, atral projection, meditation of any kind, that involves blanking out or "clearing" the mind, water witching, or divining for oil or minerals by using a dowsing rod or pendulum.  Equally danerous is participation in magic of any kind, using the art of levitation, practice of any of the martial arts or yoga.  And, of course, any practice of witchcraft through spells or incantations, ect.  Any of this will open a doorway to the inflow of Satanic power or demons.  Sexual intercourse and hypnosis are other big doorways.  Any involvement in the Eastern religions will result in demonic infestation and/or bondage."  Man, I hate this woman so much.  I hope she dies in a fire.  She even lists D&D as a "doorway".   ::)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 02:02:29 PM by Snake-Man »
Trump is still your President.

Mijska5

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 12:34:44 PM »

You know those books that have conflicting arguments in them? I read one before. Very irritating.

http://www.librarything.com/work/2836339

FireWillow

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 03:02:46 PM »

LET ALONE the constructs that would ACTUALLY lend credence to the "worshipping the devil" issue.

Move on.  There's a lot of better things to think about.

THIS

I have no inclination to waste my time addressing those that propagate their credence in beliefs founded in ignorance.

I couldn't care less what people think about me or my beliefs (perhaps save one).

Hjolmaer

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011, 03:36:55 PM »

I couldn't care less what people think about me or my beliefs (perhaps save one).

Aww....that's sweet of you, but I don't care about what you believe.

It is nice to see you back, though. Both of you.  Come to turn us all on our heads?  ;)

FireWillow

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011, 03:46:09 PM »

Not at all.  We are of peaceable intent.

Of course to assume otherwise and act upon it might not be a wise choice. ;)

Hjolmaer

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 03:47:44 PM »

Not at all.  We are of peaceable intent.

Of course to assume otherwise and act upon it might not be a wise choice. ;)

And who said that you can't turn us on our heads peaceably?

You're already doing a wonderful job over in the latest-and-greatest Rede thread.

Unless you're posting in that thread with a gun in your hand.  At which point I feel for you computer.

FireWillow

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2011, 04:09:40 PM »

And who said that you can't turn us on our heads peaceably?

You're already doing a wonderful job over in the latest-and-greatest Rede thread.

Unless you're posting in that thread with a gun in your hand.  At which point I feel for you computer.

You take a difference of opinion as hostility? ???

Would you be happier if I just said that the Rede isn't advice?

Hjolmaer

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2011, 04:13:23 PM »

You take a difference of opinion as hostility? ???

Now where did I say that?

Snake-Man

• Walnut
  • What fresh Hell is this??
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2011, 04:15:00 PM »

Now where did I say that?

You didn't.  He's playing word games again.  Something he's quite fond of.
Trump is still your President.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up