Welcome, Guest
July 20, 2019, 02:28:42 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: This May Sound Like a Dumb Question...  (Read 4943 times)

FireWillow

Re: This May Sound Like a Dumb Question...
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 06:10:40 PM »

Yeah, I won't. I will let go and let be, I guess.. The Beatles are good, I believe they had some "rituals" that Wiccans and pagans did.
What, exactly, are you referring to here?
Where did THIS come from?  (NOTE:  Not a big Beatles fan...)

The only correlation I'm aware of between the Beatles and witchcraft (or Wiccan if you stretch it) is the inclusion of Aleister Crowley on the cover of Sergeant Pepper.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2011, 07:47:03 AM »

I am not wiccan

but do know they do not have the strict standards of Christianity

Okay, so...

This is a statement that carries a LOT of arguability...
How soon IS now and who IS John Galt?

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 07:47:55 AM »

The only correlation I'm aware of between the Beatles and witchcraft (or Wiccan if you stretch it) is the inclusion of Aleister Crowley on the cover of Sergeant Pepper.

Oh!  Okay!  Yes, THAT "connection" I see...

KissTheMiMes

• Cypress
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2011, 01:49:09 PM »

It wasn't a dumb question. I think its dumb for people to even say you can't listen to this kind of music because blah blah blah. As long as you're mature enough to listen to it's content- rock out!

I remember when I was really young and was questioning all the Christian crap I was taught and grew up with, and was falling asleep listening to Marilyn Manson thinking I might kill people in my sleep from his music sending me messages. Because they were bad and played the devils music! In reality, they're just an awesome with some of the best lyrics I know!

"What matters most is how well you walk through the fire." -C.B.

Rhea Li

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2011, 01:53:01 PM »

Jake: Joke time! Christian rap songs about throwing homosexuals in a pit of fire known as "Hell" are the Devil's music! >:(

Kale: The sad part is we actually came across a Christian rap singer sing about such things on youth group night. -_-'

aloe

• Cypress
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2011, 08:10:30 AM »

But I am so used to being a Christian and still have some fears and doubts about it, even though I recently left and am NO longer with it, but am recovering from it all.. But it will take some time and it is normal.

But the question I'm trying to get at here is... I listen to rock music all the time and all heavy metal and all "secular" type music of rock. But can it or will it take away my spiritual or Wiccan development as well as between the Divine? Don't think I'm stupid or something, but I'm so used to being a Christian and being judged for certain things, including rock music that I think I will be judged or loss of spirituality or religion or any practices because of my past..

I know that in Wicca it is my heart that is the number one thing to listen to and follow, and I should follow it, but any suggestions?

Thanks.

Sometimes the greatest thing you can do for your spiritual developement is recover from spiritual abuse and learn that you are free.  Personally, I think it's important to do this before attempting embrace a new religion.  If you're not fully recovered from the old, sometimes you end up not only bringing the emotional baggage from the old to the new, you end up melding the two.

So, turn up the Korn, Ozzie, Seether, Rob Zombie or John Denver (lol) and revel in your freedom!   Wallow in it and recognize how good that freedom feels.  Get comfortable with this freedom before you attempt to embark on any self-imposed diciplines for spiritual development.  Just my .02. :)

Pterodactyl Handler

• Ash
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2011, 08:34:10 AM »

I've got smooth jazz going right now.

consider yourself judged

Hjolmaer

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2011, 09:51:04 AM »

Pterodactyl Handler

• Ash
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2011, 11:13:10 AM »

The Ancient Thunder Lizard Spirits look unfavorably upon your musical selection!

Jazz : Smooth jazz :: Music : Muzak

Smooth jazz is what's left when jazz has been declawed and divested of its power.

as penance for your crimes against music, you must now watch the Rev Alicia video and BJ Snowden's In Canada in their entirety.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2011, 01:24:18 PM »

I thought that smooth jazz is what you get if jazz musicians actually take music lessons...

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2011, 07:45:48 PM »

I don't think a thing can stretch quite that far.  But some of "Charlies (Manson's) Angels" began  to get a lot of End Times messages from "The White Album", especially the tracks "Sexy Sadie" (Sadie was Susan Atkins' nickname) and "Helter Skelter", which they saw as prophecying a coming Race War between the blacks and whites. One of the girls, (Patricia Krenwinkle) mis-spelled the words "Healter Skelter" on Leno La Bianca's refrigerator doors, in blood, along with other crazy stuff.
One of the secret messages on this Album, told Charlie there was a huge hole, out in the desert somewhere, and that he was to lead his Tribe of murderous f*ckwi*s, like some hairy little goblin Moses, out to this hole, (Which was connected to the lost city of Agartha) and hide down there until the Race War was over. Apparantly the blacks were going to win the War, but having no-one with the potential for leadership among them, they would then ask Charlie to  be their King.

Although "The White Album" inspired the Manson Family,and may well have been part of the fuel that drove them to kill, as much as I'd like to, I can't actually make out any esoteric meanings, that even hint at The Beatles (esp McCartney) having any
knowledge of "Witchcraft" at all.  

Harrison was the "Soul" of the Beatles, but his spiritual interests lay in Eastern Traditions, and post Beatles, he was a major part of bringing Hare Krisna as a spiritual tradition, to the West. He was a Trustee for ISKCon, (International Society for Krsna Consciousness) right up until his death, and had a major say in how they invested their Billions of dollars. Even now, ISKon, is one of the richest Religions in the World, second only to the Catholic Church in wealth.

John Lennon, although he may have had a lot to say about stuff, wasn't into anything more than jumping onto various political bandwagons, giving causes like the IRA some publicity.
McCartney is just a self obsessed little egotist, (always was, really) with a modicum of musical talent. I can't imagine he ever had any connections to any magical group at all. (Unless you count "Apple" as magical)
And Ringo? come on, seriously?  Although more likable, and much less pretentious than the others, he's not the head of some secret Witch Cult. He's not even a particularly good Drummer! (And to his credit, never claimed to be anything other than "Just a Drummer") Oh, and of course, the most culturally significant part of his career, (I almost forgot) the voice of "Thomas the Tank Engine"      
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

Pterodactyl Handler

• Ash
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2011, 08:53:43 AM »

I thought that smooth jazz is what you get if jazz musicians actually take music lessons...

yes, they are trained in playing elevator music

KitKat

• Fir
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2011, 09:44:21 AM »

Smooth jazz elevator music!  I am a HUGE smooth jazz fan and wish i could hear Dav Koz or Boney James in an elevator...lol

To me music is music. Take away the lyrics (such as in Christian songs) and its just music.  Listen to whatever makes you feel good!

soulfire

• Ash
  • telestic witch
    • Believe in You!
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2011, 10:04:29 AM »

Okay, so...

This is a statement that carries a LOT of arguability...

I suppose I should have explained better.  Yes, Wicca has the Rede and, with integrity, certain standards to uphold.  I never meant to imply otherwise.  But so much of what I see of Christianity involves judging your neighbor and comparing yourself to them, whereas I see Wicca and other paths to be more of a self governing/judging type of thing. 
Striving for authenticity- which is not often politically correct. Get over it.

I RESPECT YOUR INDIVIDUALITY AND OPINIONS, PLEASE RESPECT MINE cuz i'll say it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up