Welcome, Guest
August 24, 2019, 10:25:37 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Threefold law: History?  (Read 4323 times)

Lena

• Ash
  • Persistence is too close to Obsession...
Re: Threefold law: History?
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 03:27:39 PM »

@DM
Said the spider to the fly... (Or is it 'the quacker to the quack?)
And after all, of course I do take up on nasty behaviours. Can you admit the equal about yourself and FWs' post? ;)
(Rhetorical, It's obvious enough)

@H
Has it?

For us ignorants in the Threefold Law:
I'm not questioning the truth in whatever it was that being said; But if you believe that was the answer to OP was seeking,why not suggesting to just google it?

Ah... Whatever. I can always google it myself:

@Whisper

I've read some texts online and found this
http://www.witchvox.com/va/dt_va.html?a=usfl&c=basics&id=2872     and this
http://www.waningmoon.com/ethics/3fl-3.shtml
interesting enough. I might need to give you a heads up though. I'm not Wiccan and know almost nothing about Wicca. So, my sorting procedure may not be around your likes.

Lena -out.
"All people hide various of charachters within.. The question is how to summon one and avoid another." - Dr.Emil Kraepelin

Passer Urbanus

• Hawthorn
  • God Bless America
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 07:18:02 PM »

Copied and saved for future trolling (with your permission and credit, of course).

No problem, my friend.  What's mine is yours.  :)
"Every post is honorable in which a man can serve his country." -George Washington

Khara

• Birch
  • Mother~Sister~Witch
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 07:26:52 PM »

@DM
Said the spider to the fly... (Or is it 'the quacker to the quack?)
And after all, of course I do take up on nasty behaviours. Can you admit the equal about yourself

I've never claimed to be nice. I've said numerous times I'm a bitch. You chose to spout off to me. I've never started anything with you. 

So I'm either a disgusting disease carry insect or a quack which can be either mentally unstable or a fraud?

Yeah well, I had a decent day in court so ya know what, you drop this and so will I. Be advised, I won't make the offer again.

~*~ Iris for wisdom, bluebell for truth, juniper for protection, lemon for youth, eucalyptus for healing, plumeria for love, marigold to divine messages from the Goddess above. A spell that is simple, fragrant and sweet, and will open the hearts of those that you meet! ~*~

FireWillow

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2011, 07:01:49 AM »

@H
Has it?

For us ignorants in the Threefold Law:
I'm not questioning the truth in whatever it was that being said; But if you believe that was the answer to OP was seeking,why not suggesting to just google it?

Ah... Whatever. I can always google it myself:

@Whisper

I've read some texts online and found this
http://www.witchvox.com/va/dt_va.html?a=usfl&c=basics&id=2872     and this
http://www.waningmoon.com/ethics/3fl-3.shtml
interesting enough. I might need to give you a heads up though. I'm not Wiccan and know almost nothing about Wicca. So, my sorting procedure may not be around your likes.

Lena -out.

Your first link doesn't mention any history.

Your second link, while very informative (if you look, this site is cited in my Wicca Internet Resource Guide), does indeed touch on the history.  However, you could have saved yourself a lot of Googling and others here a lot of reading had you read the first page of this thread more carefully.  I already gave this answer on that page:

The Threefold Law, or Law of Return was derived mainly from the Laws of Vipaka and Karma, and the Ethic of Reciprocity, as Wicca its has roots in both Hinduism and Christianity (among many other things).

So, I suppose the simple answer to your question...

@H
Has it?

...would be a resounding YES.

Lena

• Ash
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2011, 04:02:41 PM »

Your first link doesn't mention any history.

Your second link, while very informative (if you look, this site is cited in my Wicca Internet Resource Guide), does indeed touch on the history.  However, you could have saved yourself a lot of Googling and others here a lot of reading had you read the first page of this thread more carefully.  I already gave this answer on that page:

So, I suppose the simple answer to your question...

...would be a resounding YES.

I guess I was projecting since I found it to be a very interesting topic.. If I have started the same thread your answer wouldn't be the one I was looking for. And it seemed neither did Whisper. Truth is you never know, maybe what you wrote is actually what he is looking for and happened not to have noticed your quote.
After all you have been solid more than once before that you are pro on *what* [1] someone is writting, I'm definitely on *how*[2].

I couldn't find an article about the history of the 3fold rule, the closest I could get is this page along with part I & II (second link) that is touching the time-period of Wiccan authors start documenting. Thus I provided what I found most interesting as feedbacks from what I've read so far.

[1]. He actually asked about the history of the 3fold rule among other questions
[2]. He showed great interest in the story that PU provided

I've never claimed to be nice. I've said numerous times I'm a bitch. You chose to spout off to me. I've never started anything with you. 

So I'm either a disgusting disease carry insect or a quack which can be either mentally unstable or a fraud?

Yeah well, I had a decent day in court so ya know what, you drop this and so will I. Be advised, I won't make the offer again.

Cannot reply since I've been noted.
"All people hide various of charachters within.. The question is how to summon one and avoid another." - Dr.Emil Kraepelin

Whisper

• Cypress
  • Debateable!
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 06:01:33 PM »

Are people not posting fast enough?  Or did you not get the answer you were looking for.

Specificity in your question might bring you more responses.  I offered an answer (apparently one that you weren't content with.  Care to rephrase the question?
I'm sorry, your post was so short that I skipped right past it and only saw other posters making fun of that "predates Christianity" thing. I have no doubt that your post does answer my question, however I've not studied many other religions in depth, so I cannot at this moment devise the answer that lies plainly in your post.
Also this is supposed to go:
Huh. Anyway, Does anyone else have anything else to share on the subject of threefold law regarding its history?
I'm sorry for the confusion.

And it seemed neither did Whisper. Truth is you never know, maybe what you wrote is actually what he is looking for and happened not to have noticed your quote.
While I appreciate you trying to help me, I'll just ask you not share assumptions about myself (or others) when I haven't posted back. Your theories are all well and good but just remember the possibility that I haven't had time to logon my computer. Believe it or not, some of us can't be online all the time.
I was gonna participate in the Clairvoyants' meeting, but it was cancelled due to unforseen events.

Lena

• Ash
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2011, 07:14:25 PM »

While I appreciate you trying to help me, I'll just ask you not share assumptions about myself (or others) when I haven't posted back. Your theories are all well and good but just remember the possibility that I haven't had time to logon my computer. Believe it or not, some of us can't be online all the time.

Heh..
'My theories' ??? Others ??

Huh. Anyway, Does anyone have anything else to share on the subject of threefold law regarding its history?

That provides logging on..

Are people not posting fast enough?  Or did you not get the answer you were looking for.

That also could be the 'assumptions' that you claim.

[If I have started the same thread your answer wouldn't be the one I was looking for. And it seemed neither did Whisper. Truth is you never know, maybe what you wrote is actually what he is looking for and happened not to have noticed your quote.

Phrasing like "If I" , "it seemed" or "maybe" is NOT what leads to 'assumptions'.

I'm sorry, your post was so short that I skipped right past it and (...blah blah...) I'm sorry for the confusion.

"My theories" happen to be what you claim to have happened. Call them assumptions if you need it. But addressing remarks such as "I'll just ask you not share assumptions about myself (or others) when I haven't posted back." when you HAVE posted back is... remarkable.

Transparent enough...  . *emphasis on fullstop*

Wyldkat

• On sabbatical from admin duties
  • Elder On Leave
  • Spruce
  • Don't feed the llamas!
    • Wyldkat's Pagan Place
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 08:26:46 PM »

Out of curiosity, if the history that has been given isn't enough/isn't what was being looked for could someone be a bit more specific about what additional information would be wanted?
Please click to read my Examiner articles on paganism:  http://www.examiner.com/paganism-6-in-san-jose/tina-mulhall

"Question not only reality and authority, but yourself, repeatedly and with vigor." Lupa (from Witches and Pagans)

Whisper

• Cypress
  • Debateable!
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2011, 06:39:45 PM »

Someone could if what they were looking for wasn't answered... unfortunately FireWillow did answer my question, however it requires that I study more, and Goddess knows he won't give me a straight answer when he knows I can look up his gibberish. XP

@Lena: Huh? o.o
I was gonna participate in the Clairvoyants' meeting, but it was cancelled due to unforseen events.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up