Welcome, Guest
September 18, 2019, 12:22:29 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wiccan Girlfriend ...Help?  (Read 13596 times)

Passer Urbanus

• Hawthorn
  • God Bless America
Re: Wiccan Girlfriend ...Help?
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2011, 07:58:27 PM »

Can I just say to this statement that decorating for Christmas has nothing to do with the origin of Christianity. Decorating for Christmas began hundreds, possibly thousands, of years after before Jesus died was born.

Fixed.  They celebrated it/decorated for it long before Jesus was born.  They just didn't call it Christmas. :)

I celebrate Christmas even though I'm technically not Christian.  Although I call it Yule... And it's more of a winter holiday for me instead of a Christian one.  The truth is Christmas has been so secularized over the years that it seems a lot weirder when someone tries to keep it Christian than if someone doesn't mention Jesus at all.  It seems that way to me, at least.  That's why the holier than thou folk always scream "Jesus is the reason for the season!" at anyone who gets near them.  Because they know Christianity has lost its hold on the holiday, lol.
"Every post is honorable in which a man can serve his country." -George Washington

Lady Brigid

• Cypress
  • Tequila Tits!
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2011, 08:00:30 PM »

Thanks for the edit PU  :)
I was referring to what the Original author considers to be Christmas though
Team Ex-Marine Superhero Awesomeness GO!!!

Passer Urbanus

• Hawthorn
  • God Bless America
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2011, 08:11:52 PM »

I was referring to what the Original author considers to be Christmas though

Thank you for the clarification.  To clarify my post:  I was too.   :D
"Every post is honorable in which a man can serve his country." -George Washington

Lady Brigid

• Cypress
  • Tequila Tits!
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2011, 08:13:56 PM »

Well, dammit you win ;)

Passer Urbanus

• Hawthorn
  • God Bless America
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2011, 08:25:13 PM »

Of course.  It's like my hero said: ?I?m not bi-polar. I?m bi-winning. I win here and I win there.? :P

Lady Brigid

• Cypress
  • Tequila Tits!
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2011, 08:27:11 PM »

You're "Charlie Sheen" Winning. That's saying something :)

Passer Urbanus

• Hawthorn
  • God Bless America
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2011, 08:34:09 PM »

It feels truly amazing.  It's a hard feeling to explain if you haven't swung a machete while standing atop a building though.  :-\

Lady Brigid

• Cypress
  • Tequila Tits!
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2011, 08:40:31 PM »

Well go get yourself some Tigers' blood, a machete, and some "goddesses" and let me know how complete Winning feels like  ;D

dbzkid26

• Elm
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2011, 10:00:13 AM »

I'm going to chime in here.  First off, you say you are not comfortable with anything having to do with magic.  Well, I hate to break it to ya', but that is a pretty big part of the Wiccan religion.  On the subject of Spirit Gudies: H is right about saying they are akin to Angels in the Christian religion.  Moving on...

You say are also not comfortable with altars, spells, rituals, etc.  I'm not sure you've noticed, but Christian churches have an altar (at least every single one I've been in, anyway, and I've been in a lot: Catholic, Lutheran, Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, Evangelical Free).  On the Christian altar is candles, a cross or crucifix (representation of the God), a chalice, a plate with communion wafers or some equivalent (for the communion service).  All of these items are used for rituals.  When you take part in Holy Communion...that's a ritual.  You are symbolically imbibing the blood and body of Jesus Christ, or God.  A Baptism?  That's a ritual.  Wedding ceremony?  Ritual.  Funeral service?  You guessed it...another ritual.  So Christianity and Paganism (and Wicca is a branch of Paganism) are really not that different in that aspect.  You also say you can't understand the notion of a God and Goddess, or a triple Goddess (Maiden/Mother/Crone), but you worship a triple-God.  You have the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.  Same concept.  And the way Catholics view Mary, she can be seen as a Goddess persona.

Lastly...you said you have a problem with potions and herbs.  Have you ever taken medicine, in liquid or pill form??  Well, those are just moden versions of potions and herbs.  Hope all this has helped or enlightened you in some way.

BLOW MY MIND why dont ya :D. things are starting to clear up in my newbie mind thanks to this post! thanks :D
A mistake repeated, is a lesson wasted
                                                  -ME

Snake-Man

• Walnut
  • What fresh Hell is this??
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2011, 12:12:58 PM »

BLOW MY MIND why dont ya :D. things are starting to clear up in my newbie mind thanks to this post! thanks :D

You're welcome.   ;)
Trump is still your President.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up