Welcome, Guest
August 24, 2019, 09:47:51 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eshewing Evil  (Read 2379 times)

blue moon

• Birch
  • momentarily mourning the loss of idiocy
Eshewing Evil
« on: March 20, 2011, 05:40:13 AM »

What are you afraid of? Blood, bones and the gore thereof, or is it craziness bound within a room, insanity bound within a helmet? Thoughts bound within words, words bound with books, books bound within rooms, rooms bound within buildings... on and on and on forever, it seems. Perhaps, no, perhaps instead there be a symbol, a system of symbols even, that prove to be keys to each potential release of each defined layer. Psychological mishap? Confusion and distortion? ((Oh no! Grab and dab the white out.))

Wicca is said to be evil, it is said to represent the ability to destroy 'it all' because it appears to be the base, the dirt, mud, and refuse of 'it all'. To completely eshew evil seems to be more destructive from every angle I have yet to uncover, though.

Wicca may not represent anything viably visible at all, but rather something of a type of inner revelation for spiritual recycling and both the preservation and destruction of specific layers and/or that which is inside of specific specified layers, both within and without.

Yet, perhaps this isn't Wicca at all, perhaps I should not boast what small spiritual portions I have gained... Yet, to not reveal and to not clarify some necessary things is to also be a type of backward living that is belittling to the powers that have been thus far and that is completely UNACCEPTABLE.

For as long as there are gifts, however, there must be a sufficient level of secrecy, of mystery. It is a simple representation of the wholeness of 'it all'.

So, what are there any remarks?

dark magus

• Apple
Re: Eshewing Evil
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 09:03:06 AM »

It remains that there is no one religion or faith system that someone can not, from their perspective, determine to be evil.
Invariably, problems occur when individuals attempt to preach to others not of their faith. To impose their thoughts and idea's regarding the divine upon individuals or groups who have their own set of values concerning the divine.
Sometimes, it's simply the manner in which those idea's are expressed that causes the conflicts. The basis of the concept may in fact be identical but the words used to express that concept may be lacking in clarity or used in such a way to divert the attention and misdirect the meaning.
While Christianity, Islam, and Judaism all share the same concept of God, what would happen if you took a Southern Baptist minister and deposited him into a masque in Iran. How would those assembled respond to his speaking on the only salvation is in Jesus?
No, that minister would be wise to quietly observe, refraining from expressing his personal view. And if asked to speak simply reply God is Great. Praise unto his works and a blessing upon his people.

Lena

• Ash
  • Persistence is too close to Obsession...
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 03:22:51 PM »

It remains that there is no one religion or faith system that someone can not, from their perspective, determine to be evil.

In the core of the religion maybe not.
How I see it a religion is a whole, by a core, means of spread, unwritten meanings and ideas that ward the followers.. The whole backround up to now.

Sounding like a heretic once more, blaming only the Church for the propaganda and followers who connive at, I believe Christianity can be counted as one of evil religions..
When priests parade their empathy towards 'infidels' (like Muslims or Pagans etc) they automatically pollute the religion with evil..
The Crusades, genocides, Holy Purpose, expansionism..
The Dark Years, the Inquisition, the witch hunt..
The Aryan Tribe, the genocide, politics, bigotry..

All this history leaves evil marks on Christianity. Until many many years go by and the 'body' casts out that 'poison', I'd say Christianity has a lot of 'evil' in it.

A fair analogy I believe to be in alot more religions other than Christianity. (Do I remember correct dm that you mentioned a group of witches attacking you?)
"All people hide various of charachters within.. The question is how to summon one and avoid another." - Dr.Emil Kraepelin

blue moon

• Birch
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 03:40:07 PM »

I have seen 'a few' ugly truths about my beloved Christianity, the potential, even irrefutable evils within, however, those things do not keep me from going through Chrsitianity to gain the goals, the purposes, the truths of spiritual development and growth.

I think of C_A's pipe wrench vs. the surgeans at work on a bloody body, and well, those two illustrations he gave of Jesus and yet Wicca... they both represent a destruction, obviously, but seriously? To me? For as little as I have come to know thus far... They both represent deliverance as well.

Snake-Man

• Walnut
  • What fresh Hell is this??
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 03:58:03 PM »

I don't eschew evil...I embrace it.  My evil side has come in hand quite often, and has helped me out of certain sticky situations.

As for what I'm afraid of...I'm afraid of heights.
Trump is still your President.

Lena

• Ash
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 04:02:28 PM »

As for what I'm afraid of...I'm afraid of heights.

Is this one of the reasons the serpent came out?
"All people hide various of charachters within.. The question is how to summon one and avoid another." - Dr.Emil Kraepelin

blue

• Birch
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 05:27:50 PM »

Blue Moon:
I think of C_A's pipe wrench vs. the surgeans at work on a bloody body, and well, those two illustrations he gave of Jesus and yet Wicca... they both represent a destruction, obviously, but seriously? To me? For as little as I have come to know thus far... They both represent deliverance as well.

Blue:
 I'm wondering if you might have overlooked something though. See ...the pipe wrench was made of wood.
 Had it been made of steel a man of that stature would never have been able to lift it. That alludes to the fact that he was working on the shower pictured in the background with the wrong tool. It's a visual joke.
 Take that understanding and apply it to the next symbol picture. It's plain as day that a wooden pipe wrench has no place whatsoever in the operating room, just as Jesus has no place in Wicca.

< shrugs >  Makes perfect sense.  :)

Blue Moon:

Wicca is said to be evil, it is said to represent the ability to destroy 'it all' because it appears to be the base, the dirt, mud, and refuse of 'it all'. To completely eshew evil seems to be more destructive from every angle I have yet to uncover, though.

Blue:

It would be much easier if everything were black and white. Good and evil ... they're very subjective terms. What's good for the fox is evil to the bunny ... true ?

Maybe this is where you have to put on your thinking cap say to yourself that perhaps there is more to this than meets the eye. Let's take a deeper look.

Thus the passage " That the way to hell is paved with good intentions."  I think that a lot of times people mean well but they inadvertently end up feeding a greater evil with their good deeds.

In a way it's almost like playing corrupt-a-wish. Before you set out to make the world a better place stop and REALLY think it through. Ask yourself ... how could this go wrong ? You just might find it a better thing to go sit under a tree on a beautiful spring day and consider it some more.

Blue Moon:

Yet, to not reveal and to not clarify some necessary things is to also be a type of backward living that is belittling to the powers that have been thus far and that is completely UNACCEPTABLE.

Blue:

So on the one hand you are saying it's wrong to keep your light hidden from others ?

Blue Moon:

For as long as there are gifts, however, there must be a sufficient level of secrecy, of mystery. It is a simple representation of the wholeness of 'it all'.

Blue:

But on the other hand you're saying it's supposed to be secret ?

I think i may be able to explain a certain concept through Christian mythology.

There is said to be a certain pass-word which will be needed for one to walk through the pearly gates into the kingdom of heaven. Upon attaining a certain level of achievement the people of the LDS church are given a certain word but herein lies one of the mysteries. You see ... getting at the truth of the matter is like peeling back the layers of an onion. Dig a little further into the faith and you may find that the word which was given is not the correct pass-word at all. Therein lies the task before the follower. It's only after years of diligent study of the bible and the book of Mormon that the true word will reveal itself.

It's said to reveal itself ...or be a revelation. :)

Well ... what if someone gave the mystery of the secret pass-word away ?

It would be absolutely useless to someone that had not earned it.

You see ... it's not the word that allows you access to heaven ... it's the experience and all of the diligent effort and the changes that it put you through which allow you access to the great reward for a lifetime of concerted effort.  ~It's not a word that gets you there.~

So there you go ... perhaps i've just revealed one of the greatest mysteries of Christianity. What difference does it make except perhaps to encourage others to delve deeper into their faith and become better people ?

For the most part i would say speak your truth plainly if you can. When i see a teacher that has to wrap a mystery up within an enigma is smacks of conceit.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 05:36:09 PM by blue »

Snake-Man

• Walnut
  • What fresh Hell is this??
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 09:28:56 PM »

Is this one of the reasons the serpent came out?

Not in that situation, no. 
Trump is still your President.

blue moon

• Birch
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 11:54:57 AM »

Blue Moon:

Blue:
 I'm wondering if you might have overlooked something though. See ...the pipe wrench was made of wood.
 Had it been made of steel a man of that stature would never have been able to lift it. That alludes to the fact that he was working on the shower pictured in the background with the wrong tool. It's a visual joke.
 Take that understanding and apply it to the next symbol picture. It's plain as day that a wooden pipe wrench has no place whatsoever in the operating room, just as Jesus has no place in Wicca.

< shrugs >  Makes perfect sense.  :)

Blue Moon:

Blue:

It would be much easier if everything were black and white. Good and evil ... they're very subjective terms. What's good for the fox is evil to the bunny ... true ?

Maybe this is where you have to put on your thinking cap say to yourself that perhaps there is more to this than meets the eye. Let's take a deeper look.

Thus the passage " That the way to hell is paved with good intentions."  I think that a lot of times people mean well but they inadvertently end up feeding a greater evil with their good deeds.

In a way it's almost like playing corrupt-a-wish. Before you set out to make the world a better place stop and REALLY think it through. Ask yourself ... how could this go wrong ? You just might find it a better thing to go sit under a tree on a beautiful spring day and consider it some more.

Blue Moon:

Yet, to not reveal and to not clarify some necessary things is to also be a type of backward living that is belittling to the powers that have been thus far and that is completely UNACCEPTABLE.

Blue:

So on the one hand you are saying it's wrong to keep your light hidden from others ?

Blue Moon:

Blue:

But on the other hand you're saying it's supposed to be secret ?

I think i may be able to explain a certain concept through Christian mythology.

There is said to be a certain pass-word which will be needed for one to walk through the pearly gates into the kingdom of heaven. Upon attaining a certain level of achievement the people of the LDS church are given a certain word but herein lies one of the mysteries. You see ... getting at the truth of the matter is like peeling back the layers of an onion. Dig a little further into the faith and you may find that the word which was given is not the correct pass-word at all. Therein lies the task before the follower. It's only after years of diligent study of the bible and the book of Mormon that the true word will reveal itself.

It's said to reveal itself ...or be a revelation. :)

Well ... what if someone gave the mystery of the secret pass-word away ?

It would be absolutely useless to someone that had not earned it.

You see ... it's not the word that allows you access to heaven ... it's the experience and all of the diligent effort and the changes that it put you through which allow you access to the great reward for a lifetime of concerted effort.  ~It's not a word that gets you there.~

So there you go ... perhaps i've just revealed one of the greatest mysteries of Christianity. What difference does it make except perhaps to encourage others to delve deeper into their faith and become better people ?

For the most part i would say speak your truth plainly if you can. When i see a teacher that has to wrap a mystery up within an enigma is smacks of conceit.

After all that you have said...so clearly and all... A student is still yet a student, regardless of perceived conceit. I have encountered quite a few individuals that genuinely have reason(s) to be conceited.

Enigma is awesome.

Hjolmaer

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 01:27:46 PM »

After all that you have said...so clearly and all... A student is still yet a student, regardless of perceived conceit. I have encountered quite a few individuals that genuinely have reason(s) to be conceited.

Enigma is awesome.

Okay......what?

This one threw me.  Are you saying that Blue is conceited?  Or that he has a reason to be conceited?  Or that you are?  Or are you referring to the student of the LDS mystery he makes an example of?

And what does music have to do with this?  Just looking for clarification is all.  Don't mind me.

blue

• Birch
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 03:46:55 PM »

Enigma is awesome.

As nearly as i can figure we are all students ... just some of us are a bit further along is all. This area of learning is so diverse that you could spend a lifetime in study and barely scratch the surface.

I've been around for awhile and can rightfully call myself a master at some things ... just not this area. I understand the qualities of a master. He or she has both depth of understanding and the ability to work productively.

If it's a master's purpose to teach then they don't fiddle dub around with a lot of nonsense and mystery. That's a waste of both the teacher's and the learner's time and energy. There's A LOT of territory to cover and a creative teacher will find a way to fast track the learning process so that the younger students will someday overtake the teacher in both learning and depth of understanding.

In this way every new generation of teachers coming up will be superior to the last !  :)

Now a conceited person is the possessor of false pride. There's pride of position and always the fear of being overtaken or replaced so they cling to it possessively. They hide their light and portion out only enough out to keep their learners interested. This retards the spiritual growth not only of the student but of the teacher as well.

So ... of the two systems which is the better choice ?

Perhaps i've overlooked something and there's some advantage to conceit that i'm not aware of ?

Lena

• Ash
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 05:03:21 PM »

Enigma in Greek is a riddle, a mystery etc..

blue moon

• Birch
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 05:11:41 PM »

Lena has what I was referring to with Enigma... As for conceit, I have to be reminded daily of my own horrid levels, but at the same time, I have come to be aware that if an individual completely lacks conceit it could be one's undoing.

It is what seems to be conceit that provokes others into a competitive drive that can make things more interesting. Also, then too, a few individuals very dear to me damn near drown themselves within their own conceit, and though I can do the same at times, I learn a great deal of very painful lessons through them. Perhaps lessons that I would not learn otherwise.

Blue's referencing to the LDS student kinda hit that proverbial nail on the head but it pricked my heart.

Hjolmaer

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 02:44:46 AM »

Enigma in Greek is a riddle, a mystery etc..

Of this, I am aware.  However, there is also a band called Enigma.  Thus we learn once more that phrasing is important.

"An enigma is awesome" or "Engimas are awesome" for example.

Lena has what I was referring to with Enigma... As for conceit, I have to be reminded daily of my own horrid levels, but at the same time, I have come to be aware that if an individual completely lacks conceit it could be one's undoing.

It is what seems to be conceit that provokes others into a competitive drive that can make things more interesting. Also, then too, a few individuals very dear to me damn near drown themselves within their own conceit, and though I can do the same at times, I learn a great deal of very painful lessons through them. Perhaps lessons that I would not learn otherwise.

Blue's referencing to the LDS student kinda hit that proverbial nail on the head but it pricked my heart.

Thanks for clarifying. Makes some very interesting points....
Pages: [1]   Go Up