Welcome, Guest
July 17, 2019, 01:24:00 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hiya!  (Read 1273 times)

Feuer Vogel

• Alder
Hiya!
« on: April 01, 2011, 01:46:13 PM »

Hi, I'm Feuer Vogel. :) (My name means "Fire Bird", because Phoenix was already taken. Oh well.)

I'm very new to paganism. It was something I was interested in all through high school. I'll admit that at first it was just a way to piss my conservative, Christian parents off, but as I learned more and more about it, I thought "hey, this is actually a pretty cool religion. My parents didn't want me to study paganism at all in their house, and at first, just to piss them off, I did. But I came to realize I needed to respect their wishes and I didn't practice or study until I moved out.

I moved out of their house last year, and got set up with classes to teach me more about paganism. I'm not sure that this is THE path for me, but I want to explore my options. I want to dig deep and learn more about myself and my personal spirituality. Even if later I decide that paganism is not the way for me, I want to leave with a better knowledge and understanding of myself. I don't care about magic and spells and whatnot too much- I want to learn *me*, and how to better myself through spirituality.

Anyways, sorry if this doesn't make sense. I have a hard time getting my point across and expressing myself clearly sometimes.  :-[

Hjolmaer

Re: Hiya!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 01:48:19 PM »

Hi, I'm Feuer Vogel. :) (My name means "Fire Bird", because Phoenix was already taken. Oh well.)

I'm very new to paganism. It was something I was interested in all through high school. I'll admit that at first it was just a way to piss my conservative, Christian parents off, but as I learned more and more about it, I thought "hey, this is actually a pretty cool religion. My parents didn't want me to study paganism at all in their house, and at first, just to piss them off, I did. But I came to realize I needed to respect their wishes and I didn't practice or study until I moved out.

I moved out of their house last year, and got set up with classes to teach me more about paganism. I'm not sure that this is THE path for me, but I want to explore my options. I want to dig deep and learn more about myself and my personal spirituality. Even if later I decide that paganism is not the way for me, I want to leave with a better knowledge and understanding of myself. I don't care about magic and spells and whatnot too much- I want to learn *me*, and how to better myself through spirituality.

Anyways, sorry if this doesn't make sense. I have a hard time getting my point across and expressing myself clearly sometimes.  :-[

Expressed yourself just fine.

Welcome to the forums.  If you haven't already, check out the stickied threads in Wicca Q&A, Pagan Q&A, Newbie Haven and Informative Announcements.  And please make sure to familiarize yourself with the forum rules/guidelines.

Sounds to me like you've got the absolute right idea in terms of your path.  Kudos to you.  I hope you enjoy your stay and I'll look forward to hearing more from you.

Blackmoons Owl

• Evil Elderz
  • Council Elder
  • Apple
  • creating disturbances wherever I land
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 12:08:01 AM »

Welcome to TCC
"Shapes & forms, against the norms, against the run of the mill, swimming against the stream, life in two dimensions is a mass production scheme."  Rush

Passer Urbanus

• Hawthorn
  • God Bless America
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 10:00:41 AM »

Welcome aboard, FV. :)

Don't worry about it.  We're all like that every now and then. :)
"Every post is honorable in which a man can serve his country." -George Washington

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 10:29:25 AM »

Welcome aboard :)
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Healer Ashling

• Ash
  • There is a fine line between insanity and genius.
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 06:07:38 PM »

Welcome :)

Do not worry about not having the right words, been there done that and everyone on here seems to understand :P
All I want is peace, love, understanding and a chocolate bar bigger than my head.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 09:09:52 PM »

Greetings, from one Pagan to another. oldghost
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 06:51:11 AM »

You express yourself just fine.  Welcome to TCC.  Enjoy your journey.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

Kim Shelton

• Cypress
  • Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again!
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 07:09:01 AM »

Hello.  I think you got your message very clear.  Hail and welcome to TCC!

Kim 8)
"The only thing we have to fear is...fear itself"
Franklin Delano Roosevelt

lilpnkbnny

• Poplar
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 09:18:55 AM »

Welcome  ;D
When life gets you down - just put on your big girl panties and deal with it.

*If it has Tires or Testicles it's gonna give you trouble.*
Pages: [1]   Go Up