Welcome, Guest
December 11, 2019, 03:17:15 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: A question about a-Derail  (Read 4137 times)

NyteShaed

• Ash
Re: A question about a-Derail
« on: April 05, 2011, 07:17:14 PM »

It feels like you're not getting it H.

You're too distracted by the snobs vs the slobs.  ;)

Let's use the wine enthusiast example. He understands and appreciates the differences between a bottle of Dom Perignon and Boones Farm Strawberry Hill because he's experienced both.

The ignorant man sees both bottles of wine as being the same.

( Ignorant being defined simply as "not knowing" with no negative connotation intended whatsoever.)

Boone's isn't wine, it's beer.  (flavored Malt Beverage)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 11:32:32 AM by C_A »

blue

• Birch
Re: A question about a term
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 07:20:49 PM »

Boone's isn't wine, it's beer.  (flavored Malt Beverage)

A perfect example of IGNORANCE on my part.

Thank you for correcting me NyteShaed.

Hjolmaer

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 07:22:38 PM »

Not a matter of "not getting it", but rather of tackling one angle at a time so as to avoid confusion and needlessly rant-y posts.  Hell, look at how rant-y I get on one angle.  Really want to throw two or three more into the mix?

But, yes, you do bring up another angle to the discussion.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 08:35:51 PM »

As well...the "SNOB, as opposed to "snob", knows the value of the differing vintages of DP.

Boone's Farm, back in the day, was wine.  Well, not really...it was flavored embalming fluid, but it was "wine" not "FMB".  IDK about now...haven't even dreamt of the desire to revisit that first sip WAYYYYY back when....

How soon IS now and who IS John Galt?

Snake-Man

• Walnut
  • What fresh Hell is this??
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 10:04:46 PM »

As well...the "SNOB, as opposed to "snob", knows the value of the differing vintages of DP.

Boone's Farm, back in the day, was wine.  Well, not really...it was flavored embalming fluid, but it was "wine" not "FMB".  IDK about now...haven't even dreamt of the desire to revisit that first sip WAYYYYY back when....

You want some good wine??  Night Train, and Mad Dog 20/20.   ;D
Trump is still your President.

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 02:25:35 AM »

LOL, those aren't wines. They are the last inch or so from real wine barrels all poured into a new bucket then filtered to hell and back.
The dregs really. Naked Grape is another example of that.
I like to make my own. At least then I know what I've got.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 05:23:05 AM »

I had serious issues with MD 20/20.  It's gone for good.
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

aloe

• Cypress
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 07:09:45 AM »

Ew, blarg.  Don't like those at all!  To be fair though, I make my own wine, and usually have the grapes shipped in from Napa if I'm not doing a local brew.  I generally don't like very many wines that aren't my own, so I seem to have taken the snobbery to another level. lol 

Xicked

• Hawthorn
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 11:34:14 AM »

I never used to like wine at all - couldn't even have a sip of it - but one day my father-in-law brought over a bottle of Wyndham Estates Cab Sauv (Austraila) and for some reason, it broke through my wine barrier.  After that, I LOVED red wine!  One of my favourite bottles is Penfolds Bin 2 (Austraila).  Actually I think I like all of the Penfolds reds that I've tried.  Koonunga Hill is another good one.

Still can't drink white, other than pinot grigio, but it's so sweet that I don't like to have it often.
"Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that, behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable." - Albert Einstein

blue

• Birch
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 12:47:30 PM »

Brings back some fond memories of a bunch of us passing round the bottle and the bong on a beautiful summer evening back in 76.  :)

NyteShaed

• Ash
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 12:49:16 PM »

I never used to like wine at all - couldn't even have a sip of it - but one day my father-in-law brought over a bottle of Wyndham Estates Cab Sauv (Austraila) and for some reason, it broke through my wine barrier.  After that, I LOVED red wine!  One of my favourite bottles is Penfolds Bin 2 (Austraila).  Actually I think I like all of the Penfolds reds that I've tried.  Koonunga Hill is another good one.

Still can't drink white, other than pinot grigio, but it's so sweet that I don't like to have it often.

I used to sell wine for a living.

You might want to check out Pinot Gris.  It's the same rape as Pinot Grigio, but done in a dryer style.

aloe

• Cypress
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 01:02:22 PM »

I used to sell wine for a living.

You might want to check out Pinot Gris.  It's the same rape as Pinot Grigio, but done in a dryer style.

So many responses... none appropriate since this is supposed to be a PG13 board. LOL  ;)  That does sound quite painful though. heh
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 01:05:25 PM by aloe »

blue

• Birch
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 02:44:20 PM »

So many responses... none appropriate since this is supposed to be a PG13 board. LOL  ;) 

Bummer !

Then i definately CAN'T talk about what happened later that night.  :(

MissTree

• Hawthorn
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2011, 05:00:53 PM »

So many responses... none appropriate since this is supposed to be a PG13 board. LOL  ;)  That does sound quite painful though. heh

Only if you turn left at the wrong time. :-P

aloe

• Cypress
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2011, 05:59:17 PM »

Only if you turn left at the wrong time. :-P

Wise words. *smirk*  ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up