Welcome, Guest
August 23, 2019, 04:25:36 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Those who welcome strangers are truly blessed...  (Read 2355 times)

Gallowglass

• Alder
Those who welcome strangers are truly blessed...
« on: April 13, 2011, 12:15:27 PM »

I haven't been "new" on this Earth for almost 55 years now, but I do often meet people I've not met before as I continue on with my journey.  I'm looking forward to meeting all those who care to meet me.  I've not chosen to participate in a forum like this before now because I used to allocate my time differently...much less of it was available for communication on a personal level. 

I am of the Wiccan faith but as a solitary practitioner since I am new to my geographical area and have yet to find others...maybe we'll find each other here  ;)

With that said,   

Blessings Be to All and Thank-you...

"That which is impenetrable to us really exists.  Behind the secrets of nature remains something subtle, intangible, and inexplicable.  Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion."  Albert Einstein

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
Re: Those who welcome strangers are truly blessed...
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 12:34:54 PM »

Welcome a board.  It's always nice to see someone in my age range join. :)  I look forward to seeing you around on the boards.
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

hawc4

• Elm
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 04:14:42 PM »

Merry Meet, Gallowglass. I hope you like your time here. I just joined not to long ago and have loved it so far! Take care and Blessed Be!

Healer Ashling

• Ash
  • There is a fine line between insanity and genius.
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 04:45:10 PM »

Welcome to TCC :)

I too am a solitary, no one in my area who is not simply a goth trying to be mysterious ha ha. I hope to see your ideas :)
All I want is peace, love, understanding and a chocolate bar bigger than my head.

Gallowglass

• Alder
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 05:03:06 PM »

Welcome a board.  It's always nice to see someone in my age range join. :)  I look forward to seeing you around on the boards.

Thanks, it's nice not to have to explain things like "Fizzies", "Pixie Stix" and the use of a red licorice stick as a straw in an orange Crush...then again it's also nice to have some younger folks around to help decipher current slang and other issues.  My most recent dilemma is whether to by an XBox or a PlayStation 3...<sigh>...I remember being oh so cool when I snuck Pong onto my office computer back in the late 80's.  Of course I also remember thinking, in my Junior year of H.S. (1972-73), that the Seniors who had Slide Rules in carriers on their belts were just too cool for words.  Thank the Lady and Lord that someone invented hand-held calculators...I'd never have made it through Grad School without my TI-89!

"That which is impenetrable to us really exists.  Behind the secrets of nature remains something subtle, intangible, and inexplicable.  Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion."  Albert Einstein

edens garden

• Walnut
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 05:04:53 PM »

I know the pixie sticks and red licorice, but I always used it with cream soda ;D

For the record, I'm only 20!
In the magic of the northern woods I learn
Lift your song up to the winds and watch it turn
I own nothing I own not even my soul
In the silence of the heart all things unfold
-Trevor Hall

Healer Ashling

• Ash
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 05:33:08 PM »

Thanks, it's nice not to have to explain things like "Fizzies", "Pixie Stix" and the use of a red licorice stick as a straw in an orange Crush...then again it's also nice to have some younger folks around to help decipher current slang and other issues.  My most recent dilemma is whether to by an XBox or a PlayStation 3...<sigh>...I remember being oh so cool when I snuck Pong onto my office computer back in the late 80's.  Of course I also remember thinking, in my Junior year of H.S. (1972-73), that the Seniors who had Slide Rules in carriers on their belts were just too cool for words.  Thank the Lady and Lord that someone invented hand-held calculators...I'd never have made it through Grad School without my TI-89!
[/qoute]

Oh my... I love pixie stix! I still buy them, they are a guilty pleasure. I prefer my licorice and Crush soda separate, and Fizzes...I like the sour ones :)

PS3 would be best, but who needs a game system, go outside....read a book...just saying.
All I want is peace, love, understanding and a chocolate bar bigger than my head.

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 08:22:03 PM »

Welcome Gallowglass.  I remember all those things.  Add to it slinkies when they were made of metal, 45 records and Necco wafers.  ;D  Glad you are here.  Enjoy your journey.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

edens garden

• Walnut
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 08:45:03 PM »

I've got metal slinkies too, and of course Neccos! They are my daddys absolute favorite candy.
In the magic of the northern woods I learn
Lift your song up to the winds and watch it turn
I own nothing I own not even my soul
In the silence of the heart all things unfold
-Trevor Hall

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 08:50:29 PM »

I've got pong(not working) and an Atari.   PS3......
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Gallowglass

• Alder
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 08:08:16 AM »

LOL...I see I've found a good place to be.  Thank you all very much for the welcome.  As for the PS3 vs. XBox, it's for the grandkids and one of my sons-in-law whose definitely a "gamer" during his off-duty hours (he's active duty USN) :-)  My wife and I are thinking of a Wii just because we still like to "play" together and on those days when being outside isn't an option we thought Wii Bowling etc would be good indoor fun.  We're already both voracious readers and I rarely part with my Kindle unless I'm reading one of the books we have on hand...again.  So we need something physical for indoors.

I rarely share so much information, must be the wonderful welcome.  Thanks again...

Kim Shelton

• Cypress
  • Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again!
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 08:53:50 AM »

LOL...I see I've found a good place to be.  Thank you all very much for the welcome.  As for the PS3 vs. XBox, it's for the grandkids and one of my sons-in-law whose definitely a "gamer" during his off-duty hours (he's active duty USN) :-)  My wife and I are thinking of a Wii just because we still like to "play" together and on those days when being outside isn't an option we thought Wii Bowling etc would be good indoor fun.  We're already both voracious readers and I rarely part with my Kindle unless I'm reading one of the books we have on hand...again.  So we need something physical for indoors.

I rarely share so much information, must be the wonderful welcome.  Thanks again...

My family has a wii, yet mostly it is my nephew who plays it.  He tries to show me how to work the controls, yet I haven't even come close to master it.  In fact, I still don't a clue how to use it.

Now I remember pong, Atari games, and Nintendo games when they first came out, yet when pong an Atari came out, I was around 6-7.  The first Nintendo system came out when I was a teenager.  Of course, these were the ones that you put in a cartridge in the system.

Anyway, I welcome you to our boards.  Hail and welcome to TCC.

Kim 8)
"The only thing we have to fear is...fear itself"
Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Mountain_Mamma

• Holly
  • One with the Moon
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 11:43:50 AM »

<=====  Saving up for a Wii.  But I remember all of the above mentioned games. you can still find Neccos at the dollar store in my area, my Daddy's FAVORITE !!!  I have a metal slinky (that I won't let my kiddo's touch LOL). 
Laugh, Live, Love
Blessed Be

Healer Ashling

• Ash
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 02:46:43 PM »

You have a metal slinky?! Wow...I only have some plastic thing...

But we should never forget the good ole toy that has been forgotten with all the technology. The technology that makes kids remain indoors, become fat, and fry brain cells. That one toy that made us stronger inside, that amused us for hours. And we were HAPPY! Ladies and gentlemen, let us not forget......dirt.

Lady Brigid

• Cypress
  • Tequila Tits!
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2011, 09:12:42 PM »

Welcome! I'm pretty new to the site as well, and fairly young (almost 21).

I like pop rocks and coke. Debunking the stomach explosion theory is fun every time and if you don't use red licorice as a straw then it just isn't right!
 :D
Again, welcome and many blessings!

Lady Brigid
Team Ex-Marine Superhero Awesomeness GO!!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up