Welcome, Guest
August 24, 2019, 10:05:43 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wiccan Creation Story?  (Read 7292 times)

Wicca_Bound

• Elm
Wiccan Creation Story?
« on: April 21, 2011, 12:39:24 AM »

Since Wiccans are very pantheistic, and view all, the God, Goddess, and the One (Divine) as everything and everyone (not really, but in animism), and view them as the creation and creator... Is there a creation story behind it? I may sound kind of naive for this, and within research of Wicca, and not yet a Wiccan, what are the beliefs of creation and end? (Reincarnation, I believe, is a big role-playing afterlife belief within Wicca and Witchcraft.)

Any answers?

dark magus

• Apple
Re: Wiccan Creation Story?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 08:23:07 PM »

There's most likely a creation story for every one and no one story that will suit all. So with that in mind, I'll give you mine;

The story of Creation

How the source came to be, none can say., except, it has always been and shall always be.
For untold eons, the source, the one energy, was dispersed across the vast expanse of time.
If it was a matter of billions of years or an instantaneous event remains a matter of perspective, but the source ?condensed? into one tightly compressed existence.
Time folded in upon itself, bringing all the various elements of the source to one point. The fabric of time itself became as a shell of an egg containing all that was, is or ever will be.
With this coalescence, the source became self aware, and with this awareness, Gaia separated herself out of the source
Through her own council and purpose she created sons and daughters. And they in their turn did create the generations. Each in their turn and purpose, until finally all was chaos.
Gaia looked upon the chaos and was angered by it. Each generation was created for its own purpose, with free will but without regard to the first.
Gaia brought together her sons and daughter of her first creation, and they in turn gathered their sons and daughters. In this gathering it was agreed that the sons and daughter of Gaia would surrender their free will and follow the will and purpose of the first mother, Gaia.
But through the generations, there came to be a number who had become so separated from Gaia that they had become arrogant and would not surrender their free will, and the chaos continued.
Determined to end the chaos, Gaia burst the egg allowing time to fill the expanse of existence. Within this void, she created the universe. For all those that rebelled  against her, refusing to surrender their free will, she cast them into this universe, this physical prison. The universe of man.

The source is order, from which all things are created.
This universe is chaos. A vast mix of individual free will, purpose and intent. But the memory of the source has been taken away from us. Who we are and what we can be, just a mystery to be uncovered.

And while we have been cast out, we are not forgotten. Each of us is given a guide. A councillor, who at time deemed appropriate, will appear to us and direct us.
To show us the folly of arrogance. The error of self centered purpose. To teach us the purpose Gaia has for us and to find our way back.

shadetree

• Cypress
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 01:25:57 PM »

Dark Magus has me looking for the I Like Button

Tsakara

• Fir
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 04:37:13 AM »

I've generally had no trouble combining Wicca with science, so from my perspective, the creation story is whatever is the most scientifically valid. That's not to say the Goddess did not have a hand in it, as Magus's story points out really really brilliantly.

Ianto

• Fir
  • Old-fashioned drunken Welshman
    • The magic never ends
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 06:37:46 AM »

Magus; I love your story. It's just as valid as any other creation story. I disagree with the messages within it but I like it
Many Bright Blessings.
Save the World. It's the only place with chocolate.

Healer Ashling

• Ash
  • There is a fine line between insanity and genius.
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 06:43:07 AM »

No offence to anyone but...I kind of believe in evolution. I love the stories but the bones just...they tell me that we did not come here looking like we do. Sure, we could have been created, then evolved from monkeys but, I am for the "we came from a monkey" theory.
All I want is peace, love, understanding and a chocolate bar bigger than my head.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 09:52:54 AM »

No offence to anyone but...I kind of believe in evolution. I love the stories but the bones just...they tell me that we did not come here looking like we do. Sure, we could have been created, then evolved from monkeys but, I am for the "we came from a monkey" theory.

I am not seeing in his story where evolution is refuted.
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Healer Ashling

• Ash
  • There is a fine line between insanity and genius.
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 04:44:47 PM »

No, I know. I am just saying, to all those hard core believers in creation, in case there are some, I meant no offence :P
All I want is peace, love, understanding and a chocolate bar bigger than my head.

jjdd

• Alder
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 10:10:36 AM »

I believe we have not evolved or become enlightened enough (or whatever) to fully comprehend everything that has led up to this point and everything that will come after.

I believe people will put whatever spin they can handle on the questions that confound them.

Everything exists. All stories are true. In and by the small things can the large be measured.

It's time for another Pepsi.

The more I see, the more I agree with this statement.  The human race will never be able to give a complete explanation for our existence.  Has anyone read the book "Ishmael" by Daniel Quinn?  This is an excellent story, IMO, that deals with how humans came to be this way.  Highly recommend it for anyone who is wondering about these types of questions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up