Welcome, Guest
May 22, 2019, 12:20:30 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Glad to be here!  (Read 913 times)

gtrgirl0823

• Meṁber
  • Alder
  • Enjoying Christmas in style
Glad to be here!
« on: April 28, 2011, 05:55:09 AM »

:D
I am soo excited to have found this site. 

I've been "half" practicing for around 15 years now, always as a solitary.  While much knowledge can be received from books, it's nice to have others to learn from or bounce ideas off of.
By "half" practicing, I mean that I've gone in and out of my studies, as life always seems to be rather hectic.  My first husband didn't understand our craft and I found myself hiding my craft related information. 

At the very beginning of my relationship with my true love (aka hubby #2), I decided that I would no longer hide in the "broom closet" and opened up to him about my beliefs. He comes from a completing Christian background, but is open to learning more and has never discriminated against me for having different beliefs.  More than a few times, I've found him reading one of my books or asking about magick. One thing that he finds "odd" is that I will occasionally go to Church with our family. I've explained to him that the core of my belief is to treat others the way you wish to be treated.  Who am I to judge someone for believing differently than I?  Throughout the years, I have experienced discrimination for my beliefs, but I will not return that judgement on others.  This is a core belief and I hope that others in my life will embrace my open-mindedness when they find out about me.

My life is busy. My newly formed family includes two 17 year old twin girls (hubby), my 16 year old daughter, a 12-year old son (hubby) and my 11 year old boy.  Throw in a dog and a full time job and you can see how I find it increasing hard to find time to practice, which is why I'm here.  I want to walk the path on a daily basis and have made a promise to myself to do this as best I can.  Even if it means a simple devotion at the beginning of the day or just as I drift off to sleep.

Blessing to all and I look forward to connecting!
~Treat others as you wish to be treated ~
~Don't forget to smile ~

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
Re: Glad to be here!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 06:52:40 AM »

Life does keep us busy.  I am glad you set aside time for you.  :)  Welcome to TCC.  Enjoy your journey.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

Kim Shelton

• Cypress
  • Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 08:28:15 AM »

Your story sounds inspiring and, in my opinion, people should look at that story the way I do.  I hope you find the path you seek.

Hail and welcome to TCC!

Kim 8)
"The only thing we have to fear is...fear itself"
Franklin Delano Roosevelt

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 11:51:38 AM »

Welcome , glad you could join . Relax and have the kids do the house work once in a while. oldghost
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 03:37:39 PM »

Greetings

shadetree

• Cypress
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 01:12:55 AM »

Welcome
Pages: [1]   Go Up