Welcome, Guest
July 17, 2019, 01:48:11 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My introduction  (Read 1371 times)

Condor33us

• Meṁber
  • Alder
  • Feel more at home with the animals and the forest!
My introduction
« on: May 04, 2011, 06:50:07 AM »

First let me start by thanking Admin for giving me the opportunity to join you folks.  I am 40 years old and have been married for 20 years now.  I always question those who say happily married as it has been quiet the feat up to this point.  LOL! she would agree we sometimes talk at length to the insanity of it.  We, Like most are content as we have had our ups and downs as many do.  I am a former soldier of the 3/77 armored battalion stationed in FRG ( Deutchalnd = Germany ).  We so loved it in Europe but at last we have made it back to the states.  I was raised in a strict Southern Baptist family and found I always had more questions then they could answer.  I never felt the peace they had offered.  I have never been on a quest to find a connection, or have I?  I am an avid reader and have spoke with many people through out the world and had a vague understanding of the Wicca / Pagan views.  I find many similarities in the teachings that I have been reading here central to my core values.  I have always planted trees, flower,s and taken in numerous pets that have been discarded.  I am an amateur photographer and have taken the time at least once a week to stop and snap a shot of a flower a tree even insects.  I find it important for me to log their existence.  The flower in all its glory bright colors fanned out for us to enjoy.  It is a shame that most do not take the time to notice, but that flower existed it LIVED here with us.  I think it sometimes made me feel awkard among my co-workers, but I think a few of you as I read through the site also may experience the same type of energy and joy in these natural co inhabitants on our mother earth.  I feel the energy and a genuine connection with all that exists.  I sometimes tend to go overboard a bit as I now have 5 dogs.  They are better than some of the people I deal with daily and they are truly part of the family.  Anyway thank you for the forum and giving me a chance to meet you all.  I would love to hear more and learn.
Be one with the land, the sea, the air, and those exiting with you!  As we are one.

shadetree

• Cypress
Re: My introduction
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 07:01:39 AM »

Thank you for your service and Welcome . Pay attention to the stickies (push pins) lots of info avaliable

Nixie

• Oak
  • I am the accident waiting to happen!
    • The Spiritual Nexus
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 07:40:35 AM »

Welcome  :) *waving*
".... that's the bottom line 'cause Stone Cold says so" < Stone Cold Steve Austin

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 11:15:01 AM »

I always question those who say happily married as it has been quiet the feat up to this point. 

I hear ya.....I've been happily married for 20 years....celebrating our 36th this year   ::)

Welcome

Snake-Man

• Walnut
  • What fresh Hell is this??
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 11:45:03 AM »

Welcome home, man.   ;)
Trump is still your President.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 05:41:22 PM »

Welcome aboard :)
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 07:22:35 PM »

Well Meet , I love the forest go out and talk to the owls . Hope you find what your looking for here . I'm a Vet to more4 here then you would think , take care bro. oldghost
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Healer Ashling

• Ash
  • There is a fine line between insanity and genius.
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 07:17:08 AM »

Welcome :)
All I want is peace, love, understanding and a chocolate bar bigger than my head.

morningdove

• Ash
  • Nana to an Angel
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 02:42:45 PM »

Welcome!!!!
Lost and wondering

Kim Shelton

• Cypress
  • Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again!
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 11:37:06 AM »

First let me start by thanking Admin for giving me the opportunity to join you folks.  I am 40 years old and have been married for 20 years now.  I always question those who say happily married as it has been quiet the feat up to this point.  LOL! she would agree we sometimes talk at length to the insanity of it.  We, Like most are content as we have had our ups and downs as many do.  I am a former soldier of the 3/77 armored battalion stationed in FRG ( Deutchalnd = Germany ).  We so loved it in Europe but at last we have made it back to the states.  I was raised in a strict Southern Baptist family and found I always had more questions then they could answer.  I never felt the peace they had offered.  I have never been on a quest to find a connection, or have I?  I am an avid reader and have spoke with many people through out the world and had a vague understanding of the Wicca / Pagan views.  I find many similarities in the teachings that I have been reading here central to my core values.  I have always planted trees, flower,s and taken in numerous pets that have been discarded.  I am an amateur photographer and have taken the time at least once a week to stop and snap a shot of a flower a tree even insects.  I find it important for me to log their existence.  The flower in all its glory bright colors fanned out for us to enjoy.  It is a shame that most do not take the time to notice, but that flower existed it LIVED here with us.  I think it sometimes made me feel awkward among my coworkers, but I think a few of you as I read through the site also may experience the same type of energy and joy in these natural co inhabitants on our mother earth.  I feel the energy and a genuine connection with all that exists.  I sometimes tend to go overboard a bit as I now have 5 dogs.  They are better than some of the people I deal with daily and they are truly part of the family.  Anyway thank you for the forum and giving me a chance to meet you all.  I would love to hear more and learn.
I know how you feel.  I was raised in a strict Protestant environment when I was young (Presbyterian to be exact), yet I also questioned the beliefs I was raised with.  I  read about Wicca and paganism, and have found out that, so far, the beliefs I have are the beliefs I knew I have within me.  Now I am more aware of the trash I throw away and try to do my best to save Mother Earth.

When I told my mom abut my beliefs, she had a cow, and told me those beliefs are "not of God," (according to Christian beliefs, of course).  Despite our disagreement, I still went on with my belief system and try to celebrate them when I remember to celebrate.  I haven't been practicing for a while, yet I still have those beliefs that I told you about.

Anyway, Hail and welcome to TCC! 8)
"The only thing we have to fear is...fear itself"
Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Pages: [1]   Go Up