Welcome, Guest
June 23, 2018, 08:43:51 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cleansing  (Read 1513 times)

Wyldkat

• On sabbatical from admin duties
  • Elder On Leave
  • Spruce
  • Don't feed the llamas!
    • Wyldkat's Pagan Place
Cleansing
« on: May 06, 2011, 01:01:10 AM »

There are different types of cleansing, physical cleansing through fasting or other methods, emotional cleansing through crying or major laughing fits, and spiritual cleansing through various methods.  I regularly cleanse just as a part of every day life, but recently I'm feeling like my regular cleansing just isn't working as well as it should.  I'm feeling detached, but in an unhealthy way.  I think is a spiritual based issue.

I am planning to do a fruit and vegetable physical cleanse (I have blood sugar issues or I'd fast), take a shower to drain any negative emotions and energy from myself and then do a white light visualization with incense and candles to finish it all off.

My regular physical cleansing involves doing a juice fast every three months or so.  For my emotional cleansing when I am crying or laughing I concentrate totally on it, letting all of my tension and emotional issues go into it and be released.  There are several things that I do for a spiritual cleansing.  I'll take a shower, visualizing all of the grunge flowing from me down the drain (which will also double for an emotional cleansing if necessary), or do a white light visualization or use incense to pull the grunge out or stare into a fire/candle and allow it to burn off.

Do any of you cleanse?  Regularly or only for certain reasons?  What do you do?
Please click to read my Examiner articles on paganism:  http://www.examiner.com/paganism-6-in-san-jose/tina-mulhall

"Question not only reality and authority, but yourself, repeatedly and with vigor." Lupa (from Witches and Pagans)

jo

• Elm
Re: Cleansing
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 01:34:24 AM »

A bath with salt, a long,cleansing soak and then all negativity disappears down the plughole! For my home to throw open all the windows- a good house clean and a burning of some nice oils -I prefer lemon or lavender. I love a hot,spicy curry ... all the spices are so good for you and will up your metabolism,burn out germs and ensure a good clear out of system! When I  have a cold or minor illness my cure is a hot curry with one or two alcoholic drinks and I always feel so much better the next day, the germs have been killed!

Healer Ashling

• Ash
  • There is a fine line between insanity and genius.
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 06:25:28 AM »

I know this sounds odd. but I cleanse with the elements. I meditate outside, with the moon shinning right on me. I then start my callings, I like to start with Earth, just to make it fun. I call the Earth asking her to push her cleansing energy through me. If I feel like being more aggressive, I pull energy through my body that is touching the ground, and I send it straight through me, and I feel relaxed, I thank her and move on. Next I call Air. I ask her to cleanse my thoughts by blowing them away. I take her in through my nose and out my mouth. Once I even felt a huge gust of wind when I called air, freaked me right out. I thank and move on. Next comes Fire, and I ask for him to burn the evil away, I picture a fire raging through my mind, burning everything bad so new things may grow. If I have a flame lit, I usually place my hand over it (not wise if you cannot take heat). I thank him and move to Water. I ask her to calm my mind, wash through me and clean away the grime, dirt and evil things residing in me. I listen to my body and I feel my blood pumping, cleaning. I thank her and come to spirit. I visualize a white light coming from my heart and spreading through my body, hitting every inch. I am filled with this light and if I feel like it, I let it spread around me. I thank Spirit and then thank all of the elements once again. I release them, and thus I am cleaned.

Now of course there is that spell policy so I did not share half of it, but that is basically it. I even cleanse the folks in my house and my sisters if I feel that I can take it. I do get a bit worn out, but it fills me with joy to know my family is clean and safe. Reaching across town to cleanse them is quite a thing to do, but I do it. I connect with nature and I cleanse myself, win win if you ask me :)
All I want is peace, love, understanding and a chocolate bar bigger than my head.

Draco3Aero

• Pine
  • with life make your happiness
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 10:50:51 PM »

i have been experimenting with cleansing. for me biurnal meditation works well. as well as essential mint oil ie spearmint. i try to , normally, take in a certain type of energy, expell the bad, meditate for peace, set up an aura sheild and i feel great. exersise helps to but hiking is topnotch for me
jealousy is a beast not easily gored by the sharp end of a blade

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 12:28:52 AM »

I think before one spends too many hours days or weeks doing a physical purge, they should consult their doctor to find out if there are any issue to be concerned about. Many of these cleansing purges can have detrimental effects on the body with side affects such as fatigue, depression and excessive weight loss. They can disrupt sleep routine and diet.

Even a spiritual cleansing should kept to no more than monthly. Doing to often can leave you emotionally drained, depressed and with a sense of spiritual disconnection. Think of it a degaussing a memory disc, your breaking all the connections you've worked to build.

A cleansing is not just washing away negative energies, but it is an opportunity to reconnect with the positive influences in ones spiritual make up.
Personally, I only spiritually cleanse once every six months. I use a sweet grass smudge. I invite the ancestors to come to me, to help me wipe away any negative influences/energy and to place their hands upon my head that I may grow stronger in my connection to them.
Typically I do this in May, during the long weekend and again in November around my Birthday.

Wyldkat

• On sabbatical from admin duties
  • Elder On Leave
  • Spruce
  • Don't feed the llamas!
    • Wyldkat's Pagan Place
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 12:37:57 AM »

My physical cleanse has been cleared with my doctor.  It is definitely best to discuss such issues with your personal physician.
Please click to read my Examiner articles on paganism:  http://www.examiner.com/paganism-6-in-san-jose/tina-mulhall

"Question not only reality and authority, but yourself, repeatedly and with vigor." Lupa (from Witches and Pagans)

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 12:54:10 PM »

When I cleanse I start with a salt bath (sea salt small amount 1Tbsp.)  I have a candle holder ,hurricane lamp type that I black out the chimney with thermo engine paint so the light only shine out of the top. The top holds a prism into a spring triset clamp ; vent on the bottom let in air. So I start with the bath then into the bed room . I lit the candle , put on music ( perfer the flute to ease me into a state of harmony ) very low . Behind the candle I have a small two inch fan that sends a flow of air to make the candle dance . With incenses burning I relax just hearing the music and watching the flickering light through the prism on the ceiling . When the candle sputters out I feel as good as new without any taint left in me.It works for me . Will it work for someone else only one way to find out . oldghost
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Curt

• Willow
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 05:22:24 PM »

Hmm....aside from taking the normal hygenic shower...I don't cleanse. Why? Well, just me, but I feel the Gods already know my state of mind and how I think. Same with wearing any special garb during a ceremony. I don't do that. Another reason, I do have a "dark side" so to speak. I just "handle" it, if that makes any sense. Frankly, I cannot see how anyone could remove any negative thoughts for very long considering the state our economy is as well as the rest of the world's. I'm not the proverbial "worry wart" but I do feel there is a definite need to prepare...things are going to get dang ugly.

oshinn

• Meṁber
  • Alder
  • have faith. everything is all right
    • whispering birds jewelry - my jewelry store!
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 09:57:16 PM »

nature is my link to energy and when i need to kick the bad out and get the good, i have to go outside, away from people, and hang out and suck up good vibrations from the earth.

where i live there's a lot of negative energy and i have to go for walks every day, out in the quiet and trees, to get my sensibilities back.

Shawnee

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 06:56:05 PM »

I've never done an official cleanse (remember I'm new lol). If I'm feeling stressed though I will take a warm shower and focus on letting troubles wash away. Then finish with a blast of cold to recharge my batteries. When I'm feeling emotional negativity I love to go sit outside where the wind can blow over me. Everything just evaporates and I get lost in myself.

I've been reading about the home blessing/cleansing and am working towards doing one of those. My house doesn't feel negative really but seems like stress bubbles under the surface.

Pages: [1]   Go Up