Welcome, Guest
May 22, 2019, 12:21:22 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Healer  (Read 2999 times)

Blackmoons Owl

• Evil Elderz
  • Council Elder
  • Apple
  • creating disturbances wherever I land
Re: A Healer
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 10:40:49 PM »

My fears involve my previous magic use as a youth. I was very troubled, and turned to very dark magic, to the point of almost animal sacrifice :(
In some traditions, animals are sacraficed for magical workings or as offerings to dieties during rituals.  I find it helpful to study it further so you can understand why these practices are used or given a place in rituals. Once you understand it, you will be less likely to fear it.  Most likely what troubles you is your lack of understanding & the normal constraints you have been taught that say any living sacrafice is bad.

The word ritual does not always imply a lot of a pomp & circumstance either.  It can be very simple & often the ones that are simple are the ones we most often use.
"Shapes & forms, against the norms, against the run of the mill, swimming against the stream, life in two dimensions is a mass production scheme."  Rush

Darkheart

• Elm
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2011, 01:01:24 AM »

Blackmoons Owl,

You raise a valid point.  My fear mostly lies in the spirit of my intent at that time. Once a person has been lured to do evil, the temptation remains ...so i am being vigilant and watching my spirit :)

The pomp and circumstance is what i was referring to. Still finding the way to say to the god/goddess what i am trying to say in my heart ...

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2011, 11:53:51 AM »

Welcome to the boards!  Have you looked into Reiki?  It's a wonderful healing art.
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

soulfire

• Ash
  • telestic witch
    • Believe in You!
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2011, 01:05:09 PM »

*steps in trepidatiously*
Welcome.  my HO: the God/ess ARE and do not necessarily need your veneration.  YOU are the one who needs it, therefore do what you feel, what pleases you, that will be right.

And HA, some witches use herbs, some use other modalities, Reiki is one.  I have my own methods and practices.  There is not one way, there is a right way and it varies from person to person.  Do not be afraid to follow your calling.  Make a path where there isn't one if need be.
Striving for authenticity- which is not often politically correct. Get over it.

I RESPECT YOUR INDIVIDUALITY AND OPINIONS, PLEASE RESPECT MINE cuz i'll say it.

Darkheart

• Elm
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2011, 02:35:11 PM »

Firesong,

I have looked into reiki. However, i had trouble doing the meditations alone. Perhaps one day i can find a reiki master nearby to guide me. I'm going for my holistic nursing certification soon. I'm sure i will discover more :)

Soulfire,

Step right in!! I love hearing that. Yes, it is we who need it...wonderful insight!

I am definitely carving my own path...a chip here and a chip there. I am sooooo ecclectic, but i am learning to listen to my spirit ...

soulfire

• Ash
  • telestic witch
    • Believe in You!
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2011, 02:50:56 PM »

DH- another $.02  When I got attuned as a Reiki Master, guess what?  I discovered it was nothing more than a(one of many) pathway to the energy work I was already familiar with from my other studies.  Some of those studies came from my craft, some from Quantum touch and other things.  it's ALL energy and how you tap into it is yours, just find what works for you.  Now I look on Reiki as a mere credential to open doors, making people I work with more receptive.

My suggestion is to begin learning about energy, then go from there.  You'll be led if you are open
Striving for authenticity- which is not often politically correct. Get over it.

I RESPECT YOUR INDIVIDUALITY AND OPINIONS, PLEASE RESPECT MINE cuz i'll say it.

Darkheart

• Elm
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2011, 03:44:29 PM »

Thanks Soulfire...

Excellent advice. I agree with you, it's all energy work. I'm sure I'll find a path that will work.

I'm open and patient :)

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2011, 10:01:18 PM »

Firesong,

I have looked into reiki. However, i had trouble doing the meditations alone. Perhaps one day i can find a reiki master nearby to guide me. I'm going for my holistic nursing certification soon. I'm sure i will discover more :)

Soulfire,

Step right in!! I love hearing that. Yes, it is we who need it...wonderful insight!

I am definitely carving my own path...a chip here and a chip there. I am sooooo ecclectic, but i am learning to listen to my spirit ...

To take full advantage of Reiki, you must be attuned by a Reiki Master.  Meditation isn't necessary; it makes you an energy conduit and you can turn it on and off at will, like a garden hose.  With level II, you learn to send it across any distance in time or space. 
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

Blackmoons Owl

• Evil Elderz
  • Council Elder
  • Apple
  • creating disturbances wherever I land
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2011, 10:50:43 PM »

I do not practice Reiki, however; I use energy healing work in the work I do with animals. I found certain Shamanic traditions of healing & energy work worked better for me.  So its worth looking into.  For me it goes hand in hand with holistic & homeopathic medicine.

I do not get into a lot of pomp & circumstance and tend to lean towards the simplistic.  It works for me.  At times much better than something fancy & that is usually because it is impromtu.  Try being spontaneous.  Find a setting that works & just try it.  Then reflect on what worked & what you might need to adjust.  In a way it can be similiar to working with a patient.  Since you mentioned holistic medicine, you are most likely used to trying alternate methods & therapies in order to find what works for you patient. 
"Shapes & forms, against the norms, against the run of the mill, swimming against the stream, life in two dimensions is a mass production scheme."  Rush

Darkheart

• Elm
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2011, 12:03:47 AM »

Homeopathic and alternative for sure...

Beyond that, my path has many forks in front of me...lots of thinking right now.

Nixie

• Oak
  • I am the accident waiting to happen!
    • The Spiritual Nexus
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2011, 06:10:20 AM »

:) Hello and Welcome :) *waving*
".... that's the bottom line 'cause Stone Cold says so" < Stone Cold Steve Austin

Darkheart

• Elm
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2011, 06:19:11 PM »

Hi Erika :) waves back!!

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2011, 11:49:25 PM »

Welcome Healer Darkheart glad to meet you.  Healing is a grand occupation.  I worked in physical therapy for twenty years.Empathy is a great feeling and can help diminish any darkness you fear.You'll find balance. Any time you want to talk we are here. Blessed Be.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Darkheart

• Elm
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2011, 12:15:53 AM »

Thank you Marisol...

I am finding balance ...for the first time in my life :) light and shadow.

Empathy is a huge help to me with my patients ...still learning ...hard to stay grounded sometimes ...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up