Welcome, Guest
July 17, 2019, 01:22:49 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: so im new here any any advice n tips would b gr8 thnks  (Read 4630 times)

kmk1230

so im new here any any advice n tips would b gr8 thnks
« on: July 01, 2011, 06:01:54 AM »

I've been reading books n doing some meditation but needing help to get started

Khara

• Birch
  • Mother~Sister~Witch
Re: so im new here any any advice n tips would b gr8 thnks
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 08:08:28 AM »

Well, for myself, I would advise learning to spell first.  This isn't twitter  ;)
~*~ Iris for wisdom, bluebell for truth, juniper for protection, lemon for youth, eucalyptus for healing, plumeria for love, marigold to divine messages from the Goddess above. A spell that is simple, fragrant and sweet, and will open the hearts of those that you meet! ~*~

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 08:42:36 AM »

Well, for myself, I would advise learning to spell first.  This isn't twitter  ;)

This... we prefer real language... ;D
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

GosuLoli

• Willow
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 09:22:35 AM »

Doom Monkey: If there was a like button on here, I would like your comment.

And kmk1230: Try these
http://wicca.com/forums/index.php?topic=2205.0
Pretty much answers your question.
http://wicca.com/forums/index.php?topic=400.0
A book list, for more reading! Personally, if you're starting out and want a workbook, I'd recommend Scott Cunningham's Guide for the Solitary Practitioner, but I would definitely say to read it along with plenty of other books, as it's very opinion-based and has very little history in, sadly.
It's true, I rather like who I became
But what am I to do with who I've been?
-Emilie Autumn

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 04:23:14 PM »

kmk1230, welcome to TCC , happy that you joined . If you would be so kind what is it you want to get started in ? . Wicca , Witchcraft , Paganism . Also what kind of help do you seek , are you looking for a teacher or just someone to ask question of . Please let us know .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 10:31:16 PM »

welcome  kmk1230
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

kmk1230

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 10:37:08 PM »

to those people who don't respect that in this modern world most people write using the shorten versions so we can fit more words into a limited spaces i will take no notice of your non-understanding way

I'm intrested in Wicca and divination in particular but also quiet into the paranormal

blessings

kmk1230

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 10:48:44 PM »

meant to add ive studied the paranormal and had encounters with most types of spirits

blessings

kirsty

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 11:35:17 PM »

to those people who don't respect that in this modern world most people write using the shorten versions so we can fit more words into a limited spaces i will take no notice of your non-understanding way

I think you have that backwards!

Since there is no limit to the "space" you have here to type in, using chatspeak is akin to posting in another language.  That makes it RUDE.  MANY people here are over SIXTY.  Myself included.  We don't care HOW long it taked us to type our points....and we can usually make them using somewhat proper capitalization, punctuation and structure.

In other words we're neither lazy nor in any sort of hurry.

So, how should WE, the majority of old codgers here, feel about YOUR understanding of OUR NON-"modern" ways?  Hmmm?

As well, you're on a site that deals with issues that range from moments to thousands of years old.  The Egyptians didn't carve chatspeak into their walls.  Plato, Aristotle, Tolstoy or Cunningham didn't write their books in it, either.  But then, I don't think that ANY of the aforementioned approached their respective endeavors with an eye towar speed OR being "kewl".

I'm interested in Wicca, too.  I have been studying it for more than thirty years.  I've read literally MILLIONS of words about it and nary a single one of them was in chatspeak.  Maybe it's only because the Spirit I encounter most is the spirit of Jim Beam.

Now....you were saying?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 11:37:07 PM by C_A »
How soon IS now and who IS John Galt?

kmk1230

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 11:55:17 PM »

well I'm sorry but since joining this place I've only one person that had respect for me n offered their help hence my last post I'm sick of it i came on this to get help and guidance but instead i get abuse because of the way i type when everyone can clearly understand my typing so much for this site being here to help other and give guidance

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 12:44:25 AM »

I'm not so sure that you have the concept of "respect" quite figured out.
You see, it works both ways.  And, like most other qualities, it can mend AND cut in both directions.

WE, as a group, do things a certain way.  YOU, walk in and do something we prefer to do without.  WE ask you to try and fit into OUR way.  YOU stamp your feet and go "all belligerent and junk".

So, WHO was disrespecting WHOM?

GosuLoli

• Willow
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 03:01:01 AM »

So far, I've counted three people who offered advice, not counting DM about the spelling.
Also,
As far as I can see, nobody is being disrespectful of how people type in certain forums. Everyone is just saying how we type here. It would be beneficial for you, I think, to just take everything said with a pinch of salt and respect the ways here as you would wish we respected the ways in a forum where it was.
If you haven't already, I would recommend reading this:
http://wicca.com/forums/index.php?topic=5152.0
-Emilie Autumn

GosuLoli

• Willow
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2011, 03:03:21 AM »

*In a forum where it was acceptable to use chat speak.
Sorry, I got a bit distracted :-p
-Emilie Autumn

kmk1230

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2011, 09:08:01 AM »

sori but this is th way i type and if i was to change just to suit one place and it tht statement it asks tht its readable which my shorthand is cause u are all able to comment back to everything i write so if u dont like how a message then dont comment simple ive asked for help not be critasized on my typing

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2011, 09:18:12 AM »

Yeah.  Umm...Okay.

Have fun, but if people decide to give you a hard time, please don't take it up with the staff.

WE have asked you nicely.  If your typing "style" is such an important part of "who you are", we have to respect that.  Just don't count on US to defend it to or from others.

Have a nice day.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up