Welcome, Guest
August 19, 2019, 10:04:56 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: so im new here any any advice n tips would b gr8 thnks  (Read 4731 times)

kmk1230

Re: so im new here any any advice n tips would b gr8 thnks
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2011, 09:25:14 AM »

all im asking for guidance from experiance ppl i dont want to offend ppl but younger and younger ppl are joining sites like these and ask for help but get critised for th way thy type its not fair and im tryin but im used to using shorthand cant change tht over a day and ppl cant expect me to

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2011, 09:51:47 AM »

all im asking for guidance from experiance ppl i dont want to offend ppl but younger and younger ppl are joining sites like these and ask for help but get critised for th way thy type its not fair and im tryin but im used to using shorthand cant change tht over a day and ppl cant expect me to

Fine.  As I said...but keep in mind..."fair" is an illusion.  What seems so grossly unfair to you is just "the way things are" for millions of "ppl".  As well, you've been typing like this for what you consider to be a "long time", but SOME of US have been typing like this for THREE TIMES AS LONG as YOU have been ALIVE.  You can't expect US to "change that over a day", can you?

If you are trying to SEEK, then SEEK.  It takes EFFORT.  NOBODY HERE is going to give you tasty tidbits on a silver spoon.  We are going to expect YOU to put forth some effort. 

I just LOVE the way one of our best former members put it..."If you don't care enough about your ideas to write them correctly why should WE care about them AT ALL?" (ppd).

WICCA is a SEEKER'S path.  A MYSTERY religion.  It HAS NO "shorthand" in it.  It HAS NO "easy way".  It's WORK.  HARD work.  For a Year-and-a-Day at a time. 

IF YOU are truly SERIOUS about the fact that you wwant to learn, PROVE IT.  Because SOME of us guard Wicca VERY carefully...

This is the last I am going to say on this issue.  It is more than I have EVER done for ANYONE using L337 before.  I don't know why....just a feeling I get.  Take it for what it's worth, or don't.
How soon IS now and who IS John Galt?

kmk1230

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2011, 10:09:33 AM »

ive been reading books and searching th internet for a year now but im struggling with divination and inparticular how to cast a cirle correctly im lost i know wiccan is what i am but im just tryin to gather as much information as possible im tryin to repect ppl give me a chance please it hard to change old habits within a short space

i greatly appericate you are older and more experience than myself but i came here looking for help please im so lost rite now

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2011, 10:23:49 AM »

Which books have you read?  Which books do you HAVE right now?

Have you checked our reading list in the "Wicca Q&A" section?

Divination, while something that many Wiccans do, is not necessarily a part of the religion of Wicca as much a part of witchcraft in general.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2011, 10:25:32 AM »

Casting a circle is a part of not only Wicca, but many paths of the Craft that have nothing to do with Wicca.  The magical proceedure is pretty much the same...

kmk1230

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2011, 10:33:17 AM »

wiccan hand book - eileen holland
spells and phychic powers - soraya  these i have in my home at present

i have read lots of online books and blogs too cant remember names of them all

i do candle meditation everyday at least twice have done for a year now

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2011, 10:46:57 AM »

Okay.

Now...let's start trying to narrow it down a little...especially since you're doing meditation and interested in divination and experienced in the paranormal.

Are you interested in witchcraft or the actual religion of Wicca?

SEVERAL threads in the Wicca Q&A and PAGAN Q&A sections delve deeply into the difference.  You need to figure out what road you're on and which turns you need to take.

kmk1230

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2011, 10:56:54 AM »

im intrested in the religon of wicca also some of the craft but not really sure bout castings spells as such not ready for tht yet i dont think

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2011, 08:50:43 AM »

Welcome Kmk.  Enjoy your journey.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2011, 09:17:38 AM »

im intrested in the religon of wicca also some of the craft but not really sure bout castings spells as such not ready for tht yet i dont think

Remember that casting a Circle and calling the Quarters are spellwork.  It IS an excellent way to start.

kmk1230

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2011, 09:40:47 AM »

i also meant to put im unsure how to do this correctly ive read in books how casta circle 

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2011, 10:07:09 AM »

Without sounding like an ad, the best books for the very basic "how-to" when learning on your own are the "Wicca for the Solitary Practitioner" pair from the late Scott Cunningham.  Much of it has been posted online in different places.  There is a "Book of Shadows" thread here, and a veritable treasure-trove of knowledge can be found at the Sacred Texts Archive online...

www.sacredtexts.org

kmk1230

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2011, 10:10:26 AM »

thanks C_A

Khara

• Birch
  • Mother~Sister~Witch
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2011, 07:06:01 AM »

Personally you aren't going to get anything helpful or otherwise from me until you learn to type.  As I said, this is not twitter, you are not texting and proper spelling and grammar is appreciated.  I see posts like yours where you cannot even be bothered to use capitol letters and I don't feel I can be bothered to read your post.

It's very simple, this is a place for mature people who want to associate or learn on a mature level.  If you want text or twitter speak, they have a new "witchy" TV show coming out on CW.  You can probably learn everything you need to know by watching that.

~*~ Iris for wisdom, bluebell for truth, juniper for protection, lemon for youth, eucalyptus for healing, plumeria for love, marigold to divine messages from the Goddess above. A spell that is simple, fragrant and sweet, and will open the hearts of those that you meet! ~*~

Síochána

• Rowan
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2011, 07:30:32 AM »

Hello and welcome.

A few things to say.

1 - If it is written by Scott Cunningham, it is worth a read.
2 - If it is written by Silver Ravenwolf, put down and walk away.

As for typing in text speak, I find it perfectly readable. That said, I am a teenager. The thing is, we have many many members here that span many decades in age. We also have members from across the globe and who speak a variity of langages.

If I were to type full paragraphs in, say, Irish and people replyed in Manx or Scots Gealic then you would be very confused and would ask people to write in a way you understand. That is what we are asking you. With so many ages and lanuages on here we all need to write in the same language and using correct grammer (or as close as possable.)

For example, 'What are you up to?' is perfectly readable. 'Wuu2?' is not even though it means the same. Wuu2 may well say L? maith n? olc l?? for all the understanding people get from it. You see? It just makes it easer for all if we can all post in the same laguage and use the proper spellings and such.
Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Shakespeare.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up