Welcome, Guest
July 15, 2019, 10:56:00 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Having a second go at this...  (Read 1035 times)

Semblant

• Elm
Having a second go at this...
« on: July 20, 2011, 01:15:03 AM »

Hello all, my given name is Jacquelyn. My penname is Semblant for no important reason in particular so it doesn't matter to me which anyone uses. :)

Anyways, I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself a second time after being gone for over half a year. Also because it's quite likely that no one remembers me, seeing as I didn't post anymore than four times. ;)

So! More about myself...hmm. I'm 17, turning 18 very soon. I studied and read anything about Wicca that I could get my hands on for about a month. It was a short period, I know, but oddly intensive. Now, half a year later and recovering from an excessively uncool and turbulent period of my life, I have a rekindled desire to learn. I think I'm wiser now, more ready to commit to what feels right.

Seeing as that last paragraph was a bit heavy, I like drawing, flute-ing, dressing up, and writing. Mainly I have an obsession with creating and finding beauty in the world. Speaking of the world, I've recently decided to travel it by any means neccesary. The only question is when! :)
"...happiness has no frontiers, a state of mind and not a possession, not a set routine through life, not a goal to be gained, but something that steals in gently like an evening mist or the morning sunlight - something beyond our control." ~Robin Lee Graham.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Re: Having a second go at this...
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 03:01:47 AM »

Welcome Back Semblant. Keep reading and be very careful how and where you travel . How long have you been playing the flute?.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Mountain_Mamma

• Holly
  • One with the Moon
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 08:35:14 AM »

Welcome Jaquelyn...

Enjoy your journey into Wicca...

Laugh, Live, Love
Blessed Be

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 08:37:03 AM »

Warmest welcome back!  See ya on the boards...
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 08:41:20 AM »

Welcome back :)
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

kmk1230

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 09:59:36 AM »

welcome and blessed be

Semblant

• Elm
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 10:40:41 AM »

Thanks everyone. :)

Oldghost: I'll definitly be careful, I think that's where a slight paranoia will finally come in handy... I've been playing the flute for about eight, nearly nine years now. Do you play an instrument?
"...happiness has no frontiers, a state of mind and not a possession, not a set routine through life, not a goal to be gained, but something that steals in gently like an evening mist or the morning sunlight - something beyond our control." ~Robin Lee Graham.

Lynx_Tiger

• Willow
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 11:00:09 PM »

Welcome to the boards. Just throwing out some trivia, I hope you don't mind! I'm really glad I found a person who plays a flute!

I played the flute for three years, but when I moved I lost my favorite book about the flute that I worshipped constantly (okay not constantly, or worshipped, but the point remains). And I'm still trying to find that sucker of a copy T_T. Oh well, I still have my flute and I love it to death. I'll play again when I get my book back. I'm also learning a 12 hole ocarina. Yes, complete and utter Zelda fan here.
"Whether we and our politicians know it or not, Nature is party to all our deals and decisions, and she has more votes, a longer memory, and a sterner sense of justice than we do."
~Wendell Berry

Kim Shelton

• Cypress
  • Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again!
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 10:28:54 AM »

Hail and welcome to TCC!  I used to play the flute when I was in Middle and Jr. High School.  I HATED EVERY MOMENT OF IT!!! >:(  The only reason I did is because my parents force me to because they cannot afford any other instrument for me to play.  Personally, I would rather learn how to play the drums.  I think that keeping the other instruments in tune to the beat would be awesome!!!  ;D  Plus, to me, there is something primordial about playing the drums.

Okay, enough complaining.  Take care and I hope to see your writing on the forums soon.

Kim 8)
"The only thing we have to fear is...fear itself"
Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Semblant

• Elm
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 11:32:42 AM »

Lynx_Tiger, oh my gosh, no, I love trivia. I'm the random facts girl most of the time. :) Hurray! Another flute lover! Good luck finding your book, I hope you play again whether you find it or not. Oh! Ocarinas are really super cool. :) Have you ever heard a Lady Gaga song played on an Ocarina? It's pretty legit. I've never actually seen zelda or anything about zelda before. D:

Kim Shelton, Hello, thank you! Awww, haha, I guess it really isn't for everyone. Sometimes I really really wish I had played the saxaphone. Drums are so amazing too, and you're right, there's something so raw and intense about drums when done right.
Pages: [1]   Go Up