Welcome, Guest
September 18, 2019, 07:13:49 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 1110 times)

Alidade Newel

• Meṁber
  • Alder
Greetings
« on: July 23, 2011, 11:32:06 AM »

*I had mistakenly posted this as a reply to a topic. My apologies to those who read it twice*

I find myself filled with things to say, but at a loss of where to begin. In my early teens, I dabbled in witchcraft and followed the wiccan ways. However, I was more emotional and reactive in those times than I am today (as I approach my 30's). Through spell casting that wished harm (what I originally thought was justified harm, but now realize there is no such concept) upon someone else,  I experienced karma's will and turned my back on the ways of a witch.

During that time, I went away to university in search of answers. I completed two degrees: psychology and philosophy and ignored anything related to the idea of the Divine. While working on my Masters degree and living with an English Professor who attempted to remove any remaining idea of Divinity that may of existed, I became hopelessly lost, and turned to drugs and alcohol. We broke up, I quit the Master's program and travelled to Asia to teach English and rediscover my inner child.

While overseas, I had a dream whereby the end of the world was happening in the form of a solar flare. In the dream, instead of being scared, I was excited and at ease. I went outside and opened up my arms allowing a bright yellow and orange light to engulf me. Everything was bright, and warm, and then it turned black. I awoke that night with a sense of awakening.

It's been about 8 months since I've had that dream. Since then I have returned home to Canada and have decided to pursue a life as a social worker (specifically addictions counseling). I've opened my heart back to the true search of the Divine by unlearning most everything indoctrinated by academia, and have become rather fascinated with the idea of consciousness, spirtiual healing, and such researchers as Dr. Masaru Emoto who claims that water is the medium used to express the Divine's wishes and that meditation and good will does influence the structure of H20.

I currently work with a man who is a quadriplegic from an bad accident last year. I've introduced him to meditations and the concept of spirtual healing. After our first mediation, I noticed an intermittent vibration in my left inner thigh. It never pained, but was very annoying, and felt like the vibration of a cell phone going off in my pocket. After 2 days with the sensation, I started "googling" information on what it could be. Apparently, it's only related to spinal cord injuries or nerve damage, which I've had neither. I've since read that this can be a side effect of spiritual healing. That I somehow transferred some of the negative energy from his body into mine.  Now, for me this is scary. I have high aspirations of becoming a white witch and to try and help all creatures in need; however, I won't be of any use to anyone if I am unable to learn how to harness the negative energy so that it doesn't negatively harm anyone. It's for this reason, that I have joined this forum. To learn from others.

As a write this introduction, I'm just learning that Amy Winehouse has passed us, and I can't help but wonder if I hadn't returned to a true search for the Divine, I may of been heading for a similar situation. May she find the inner peace that she was unable to find here.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 05:27:18 AM »

Welcome Alidade Newel . Glad you have found structure in your life . Sounds like your and empathy . Hope you life moves forward and brings you joy . You goal seems to be a good one , may you find it a pleasant journey.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 08:15:42 AM »

After 2 days with the sensation, I started "googling" information on what it could be. Apparently, it's only related to spinal cord injuries or nerve damage, which I've had neither. I've since read that this can be a side effect of spiritual healing. That I somehow transferred some of the negative energy from his body into mine.  Now, for me this is scary. I have high aspirations of becoming a white witch and to try and help all creatures in need; however, I won't be of any use to anyone if I am unable to learn how to harness the negative energy so that it doesn't negatively harm anyone. It's for this reason, that I have joined this forum. To learn from others.

Nothing to be scared about; it's probably just an empathic reaction, which isn't uncommon in healers.  Take some time and research grounding and shielding, both of which are extremely important to healers.  When I first started working with Reiki, I always forgot to ground afterward, and paid the price...  witchcraft and energy are neither negative nor positive, but can be used for either... a witch is just a witch... what you use your talents for is up to you.  I applaud your choices with healing, however... best wishes and feel free to ask lots of questions...
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

Alidade Newel

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 10:36:20 AM »

Thank you for your messages. I've recently purchased a book written by the Frosts...a sort of handbook for beginning witches like myself. It has definitely helped me understand and appreciate the importance of grounding, and during our last meditation, I was able to release the energy from me and I no longer feel the vibrations.  :)  Though, at times, I feel helpless in trying to repair a spinal cord. Perhaps, it's egocentric to think I can take on such a big challenge for my first endeavour. The person I'm working with has faith, but somedays his faith is less so than others, and he's surrounded my family member,s with little to no faith, that would be appalled by promoting his belief in the Divine. Perhaps, I need more faith in myself?

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 12:20:15 PM »

If you can ever fix a spinal cord let me know . Family can be a real downer a lot of the times . If its work sick with it and best wishes. Blessings.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 12:48:59 PM »

Thank you for your messages. I've recently purchased a book written by the Frosts...a sort of handbook for beginning witches like myself. It has definitely helped me understand and appreciate the importance of grounding, and during our last meditation, I was able to release the energy from me and I no longer feel the vibrations.  :)  Though, at times, I feel helpless in trying to repair a spinal cord. Perhaps, it's egocentric to think I can take on such a big challenge for my first endeavour. The person I'm working with has faith, but somedays his faith is less so than others, and he's surrounded my family member,s with little to no faith, that would be appalled by promoting his belief in the Divine. Perhaps, I need more faith in myself?

I think that true faith in anything begins with faith in yourself... an atheist friend once asked me if I talked to G-d; I replied, "sure...".   He then asked if G-d talked back... to which I replied, "... of course!".  Then he asked, "Ok, what's he saying right now?".  My reply: "He says you don't listen very well...".  From my own perspective, it's not nearly as important for us to believe in the Divine as it is for the Divine to believe in us...

"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous
Pages: [1]   Go Up