Welcome, Guest
August 25, 2019, 05:03:24 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Howdy from Missouri  (Read 939 times)

PaleLady

• Meṁber
  • Alder
    • Pale Lady Writes
Howdy from Missouri
« on: July 22, 2011, 08:48:25 AM »

Like the iconic Fox Mulder on the sci-fi classic X-files, I want to believe...in something.
I'm 49 years old and, so far, I've been Christian, Pagan, Agnostic, and Atheist.
The question is can a skeptic like me overcome my nature enough to allow a bit of...(I'm not sure what) into my life?  Gosh, I hope so.  I really do.  There is a pretty big part of me that wants to believe lighting a candle and thinking positive thoughts can help another person.  --That mixing together certain herbs on a full-moon night and speaking specific words can cause something to happen.  But is the desire to believe strong enough to overcome lack of faith?  Perhaps faith is a habit, so to speak, that needs to be practiced and cultivated in order to grow.  Maybe the more I do it, the more natural it will feel to me.  Again, I hope so.  Because I really do want to believe...

The personal stuff:  I've been married to a great guy for 25 years.  We have 2 kids between us.  Well, I *say* kids--my daughter is 30 and his son is 28.  We live in the country, on land my family has owned for probably a century.  No one knows I'm exploring a Pagan path.  I'm not embarrassed or ashamed; I simply don't feel the need to bare my soul at this point in time.  Thanks for reading.
Never let anyone tell you what to believe.
The Pale Lady

Khara

• Birch
  • Mother~Sister~Witch
Re: Howdy from Missouri
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 08:56:21 AM »

Hey there!  I'm in the Lou here! 

As for faith, the bible says all it takes is faith the size of a grain of mustard seed.  I figure if it works for them in their religion, it will work for me in mine.

I wouldn't stress over anything, I'm really thinking you might want to research a Native American Path, one based on nature. 

Welcome to TCC!!
~*~ Iris for wisdom, bluebell for truth, juniper for protection, lemon for youth, eucalyptus for healing, plumeria for love, marigold to divine messages from the Goddess above. A spell that is simple, fragrant and sweet, and will open the hearts of those that you meet! ~*~

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 11:19:12 AM »

Welcome PaleLady. In your quest the only true path to follow is the one that your heart leads you on . here you can find guides that can help you and friends . Faith is what you make of it , believe , search find your way .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Síochána

• Rowan
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 11:54:54 AM »

Many faiths say all it needs is the teeny-est tiny-est seed. Nuture it and it will grow. Ignore it and it will with and die. If you work on it, it will work for you. 

Hello and welcome.
Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Shakespeare.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 12:37:46 AM »

Welcome Palelady
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Skyrocks93

• Fir
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 08:13:15 PM »

Welcome! I live in missouri too, hope you find your way.
?Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.? -Dr. Seuss
Pages: [1]   Go Up