Welcome, Guest
November 15, 2018, 05:24:12 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new to it all  (Read 548 times)

NovDawn72

• Meṁber
  • Alder
new to it all
« on: August 05, 2011, 03:42:31 AM »

Good Morning, thank you for letting me join.  A little about me.
I am 38 yrs. old marries mother of two beautiful little girls.  Technically I've been raised Christian but my family has always had a hard time with church.  I've tried that "read the bible over a year" thing and found myself more confused than if I just put it down on a shelf and followed my heart. I've had experienced little things like the time my long past grandmother visited when my first child was born so sick. Or the blackeyed Susan (my long past Grandfathers favorite flower) blooming in the end of December when my husband and I were considering buying our house. (there has not been one in that spot since). premonitions through dreams that saved a friends life.  But don't tell the church this it's crazy talk.  Well if that and many other things that I've felt is crazy, but filling a collection plate of gold with my families food money because they need it and my father's beautiful guitar music wasn't enough of a gift every Sunday, then I'd feather be "crazy"
   I've ordered "Wicca: year and a day" and while I'm waiting for it to be delivered I'm reading "Wicca for beginners" I'm practicing feeling energy and have had great success, soon I'll try visualization and work my way through to grounding and shielding. 
  I need some kind of daily ritual that brings meaning to it's holidays more than mobs at the mall who has the most lights on their house and the Easter egg hunt that has become a contact sport!!!

Wish me luck on my new journey, and any advice would be wonderful!!!

Thank You

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
Re: new to it all
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 06:42:54 AM »

Welcome to TCC, NovDawn.  Take your time and enjoy your journey.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

Minerva73

• Meṁber
  • Alder
Re: new to it all
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 08:47:02 AM »

I have had much the same feeling as you, I really feel as if this path is the one I'm meant to follow and not the one I was formerly on. Wishing you much luck and peace.
Pages: [1]   Go Up