Welcome, Guest
July 24, 2019, 02:16:17 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More of a warning really......  (Read 1510 times)

Khara

• Birch
  • Mother~Sister~Witch
More of a warning really......
« on: July 29, 2011, 10:35:56 AM »

I realize that I never "officially" introduced myself, or if I did, it was purged.  Problem is, I'm back on the OH NOES she is a terrible horrible person and she is so mean to me and she is making fun of me and she is just.......  So I figure I'll post another introduction to clear a few things up and stop the incessant whining that tends to drive me batshit.....

First off a little bit of my background....  I'm a single mom of three wonderful little blessings from the goddess.  I say little, they are all bigger than me now, 17, 14 and 12.  I live in St. Louis and I'm just your typical witch.  I?m going to share a bit of my history from my blog from a few years ago?..

Thursday, January 08, 1998
A History of Me
My first love in divination is scrying, with tarot coming next. I have spent the greater part of my life researching the various paths, beliefs and pantheons.

As a hereditary witch, I went through my year and a day on every level. If I was still close enough to my family mileage close, not love close, now that I am a mother myself, and therefore in my families eyes, leading my own "little coven", I would be allowed (and can if I choose to move or fly up north all the time) to sit in with the Elders of my family coven and have a vote on any particular family matters and or events.

Growing up on the Path was not easy. I had to learn a lot of stuff that reminded me of advanced trigonometry at the time. They were lessons. While I appreciate them now, at the time..... school is school is school no matter what the subject. The only books I studied from were books on herbs, stones and Gaelic until I was 13.

At that age according to family tradition, I had achieved the point of being a working member. This meant I could use magic unsupervised, perform my own extensive rituals, write and submit rituals for family occasions and act as handmaiden to the senior family members who were the equal to a HP or HPS.  In my family you keep this status until you are married. Once married, you may sit in on certain Elder meetings, but not all. Having children is the family catalyst. Surprisingly, we all have our children in our late 20's or later up into our 30's and 40's. As a mother in my family it is my responsibility to raise my children the way I was raised. To be an actual Elder means you have grandchildren.

Now, this may seem very hierarchical to many, but, it is the tradition my family has lived by for centuries. It allows people to grow and learn and move into the Path completely aware of where they are going and why. All Elders are open to all that are younger to answer any questions. They also act as surrogate parents as children are sent out in the summer to all over the world. To spend time with the family members there and learn from them. It is like a student exchange program except you could get your butt swatted and no one would do anything! One thing stressed always was to learn anything and everything you could about different ideas, cultures, and pantheons anything of the Path was considered knowledge to be used, shared and recorded. This is my inheritance, my Path, my culture, the way I was raised.

In early 2004 I became seriously disillusioned with my Path.  I began to question everything about what I believed, what I had been taught, basically everything I was and knew.  At that time I discovered that Eris, a goddess I already worked with regularly, had an entire group of followers I had been unaware of.  That they were all part of this ?joke? religion called Discordia.  While I may not be a good Discordian, I still find that a lot of what they believe has opened my eyes to where I needed to be on my Path.  So I again evolved and have put myself into the category of Discordian Witch.

And so we come to today?..

I'm sure I know everyone here from one place or another. 

I'm Doom Monkey or Siochain or Khara among a lot of other screen names I have used over the years.  If any of you remember Eternal Fyre then yes, I?m THAT Khara.

I'm going to be brutally honest, if I've pissed you off elsewhere, I really don't care. 

If you know I don't like you, being here is not going to change that so please don't start the BFF bullshit.

I am not a nice person, I am the bitch I appear to be.  Just because I might have been sympathetic to you at one time does not make you my friend nor does it mean I like you. 

To avoid confusion however, I am very clear with the people I hate and they are always well aware of that.

I have zero tolerance for the following....

Stupidity - This should not be confused with ignorance for which I have a slight tolerance.

Whining - If you can fix it do so, if you can't stfu and deal with it, do not continue on and on and on about the same damn thing in multiple threads all over the damn board.

Your sex life - I don't care, don't want to know and will shamefully give you complete and total hell if I read about the same thing more than once.  YAY you are getting laid.  YIPPEE!!! WOOHOO!!!! I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FLICK!!!!!

Otherwise, I'm fairly tolerant and will, on occasion, add serious content or worthwhile opinions as I see where they might be of some use.

I?m not here to be anyone?s mentor.  I am here because I?m still learning and I enjoy having likeminded people to talk to about a variety of ideas.  While I did 5 years with a Wiccan coven in North Carolina in the late 80?s, it was not for me.  I?m a witch first and foremost. 

So please, no more whining about how mean I am, how dark my replies are or how terrible of a person I am.  I?m not the Wiccan representative on the board, I?m one of the witches and my Path is neither light nor dark but full of shades of grey.  If you can?t handle my terribleness, I will not be offended in any way if you just ignore me.  I?ll still make terrible fun of anything I find funny anyway, whether you?re reading it or not!!!

There, no no one can say they were not warned..... ;D
~*~ Iris for wisdom, bluebell for truth, juniper for protection, lemon for youth, eucalyptus for healing, plumeria for love, marigold to divine messages from the Goddess above. A spell that is simple, fragrant and sweet, and will open the hearts of those that you meet! ~*~

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
Re: More of a warning really......
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 01:14:05 PM »

I realize that I never "officially" introduced myself, or if I did, it was purged.  Problem is, I'm back on the OH NOES she is a terrible horrible person and she is so mean to me and she is making fun of me and she is just.......  So I figure I'll post another introduction to clear a few things up and stop the incessant whining that tends to drive me batshit.....

First off a little bit of my background....  I'm a single mom of three wonderful little blessings from the goddess.  I say little, they are all bigger than me now, 17, 14 and 12.  I live in St. Louis and I'm just your typical witch.  I?m going to share a bit of my history from my blog from a few years ago?..

Thursday, January 08, 1998
A History of Me
My first love in divination is scrying, with tarot coming next. I have spent the greater part of my life researching the various paths, beliefs and pantheons.

As a hereditary witch, I went through my year and a day on every level. If I was still close enough to my family mileage close, not love close, now that I am a mother myself, and therefore in my families eyes, leading my own "little coven", I would be allowed (and can if I choose to move or fly up north all the time) to sit in with the Elders of my family coven and have a vote on any particular family matters and or events.

Growing up on the Path was not easy. I had to learn a lot of stuff that reminded me of advanced trigonometry at the time. They were lessons. While I appreciate them now, at the time..... school is school is school no matter what the subject. The only books I studied from were books on herbs, stones and Gaelic until I was 13.

At that age according to family tradition, I had achieved the point of being a working member. This meant I could use magic unsupervised, perform my own extensive rituals, write and submit rituals for family occasions and act as handmaiden to the senior family members who were the equal to a HP or HPS.  In my family you keep this status until you are married. Once married, you may sit in on certain Elder meetings, but not all. Having children is the family catalyst. Surprisingly, we all have our children in our late 20's or later up into our 30's and 40's. As a mother in my family it is my responsibility to raise my children the way I was raised. To be an actual Elder means you have grandchildren.

Now, this may seem very hierarchical to many, but, it is the tradition my family has lived by for centuries. It allows people to grow and learn and move into the Path completely aware of where they are going and why. All Elders are open to all that are younger to answer any questions. They also act as surrogate parents as children are sent out in the summer to all over the world. To spend time with the family members there and learn from them. It is like a student exchange program except you could get your butt swatted and no one would do anything! One thing stressed always was to learn anything and everything you could about different ideas, cultures, and pantheons anything of the Path was considered knowledge to be used, shared and recorded. This is my inheritance, my Path, my culture, the way I was raised.

In early 2004 I became seriously disillusioned with my Path.  I began to question everything about what I believed, what I had been taught, basically everything I was and knew.  At that time I discovered that Eris, a goddess I already worked with regularly, had an entire group of followers I had been unaware of.  That they were all part of this ?joke? religion called Discordia.  While I may not be a good Discordian, I still find that a lot of what they believe has opened my eyes to where I needed to be on my Path.  So I again evolved and have put myself into the category of Discordian Witch.

And so we come to today?..

I'm sure I know everyone here from one place or another. 

I'm Doom Monkey or Siochain or Khara among a lot of other screen names I have used over the years.  If any of you remember Eternal Fyre then yes, I?m THAT Khara.

I'm going to be brutally honest, if I've pissed you off elsewhere, I really don't care. 

If you know I don't like you, being here is not going to change that so please don't start the BFF bullshit.

I am not a nice person, I am the bitch I appear to be.  Just because I might have been sympathetic to you at one time does not make you my friend nor does it mean I like you. 

To avoid confusion however, I am very clear with the people I hate and they are always well aware of that.

I have zero tolerance for the following....

Stupidity - This should not be confused with ignorance for which I have a slight tolerance.

Whining - If you can fix it do so, if you can't stfu and deal with it, do not continue on and on and on about the same damn thing in multiple threads all over the damn board.

Your sex life - I don't care, don't want to know and will shamefully give you complete and total hell if I read about the same thing more than once.  YAY you are getting laid.  YIPPEE!!! WOOHOO!!!! I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FLICK!!!!!

Otherwise, I'm fairly tolerant and will, on occasion, add serious content or worthwhile opinions as I see where they might be of some use.

I?m not here to be anyone?s mentor.  I am here because I?m still learning and I enjoy having likeminded people to talk to about a variety of ideas.  While I did 5 years with a Wiccan coven in North Carolina in the late 80?s, it was not for me.  I?m a witch first and foremost. 

So please, no more whining about how mean I am, how dark my replies are or how terrible of a person I am.  I?m not the Wiccan representative on the board, I?m one of the witches and my Path is neither light nor dark but full of shades of grey.  If you can?t handle my terribleness, I will not be offended in any way if you just ignore me.  I?ll still make terrible fun of anything I find funny anyway, whether you?re reading it or not!!!

There, no no one can say they were not warned..... ;D

May be the best intro I ever read... 
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 07:08:20 PM »

Great post DM. But I really feel sorry for you . If I was so bitter I just isolate myself from the world . Your biggest problem is you judge people by your standards . Then if you are so great will you let us judge you by ours. How much does it hurt you to be nice or does it cause you so much pain that you can not bear it . Just because you were hurt does not give you the right to hurt others . I'd tell you what to do but I gave my word so this ends here , bye bye.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Khara

• Birch
  • Mother~Sister~Witch
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 06:17:44 AM »

Great post DM. But I really feel sorry for you . If I was so bitter I just isolate myself from the world . Your biggest problem is you judge people by your standards . Then if you are so great will you let us judge you by ours. How much does it hurt you to be nice or does it cause you so much pain that you can not bear it . Just because you were hurt does not give you the right to hurt others . I'd tell you what to do but I gave my word so this ends here , bye bye.

You know absolutely nothing of me. Nothing of what I've lived thru or what I've had to do to survive. There is nothing so petty within me as bitterness. Nothing so small minded as  grudge holding, no nurturing of resentment. I know my enemies and they have been named and placed before the Goddess herself to deal with. I harbor no ill will for anyone here. Nor do I look to anyone here for anything. If I had thought to, your post cleared up any misconceived notions I might have had.

Do I judge by my standards? Yes because I ask nothing of anyone I am unwilling or incapable of doing myself. Do I care if you judge me by your standards? Considering what I demand of myself and my craft do you think your standards are above mine? Do you think I don't answer to the same higher power? Did you ever consider that I know my heart is clear and whatever shadows or stains upon my soul are there because I knew the sacrifice before I made the decision to put them there?

If I hurt others with brutal honesty, that is my fault? Because they cannot handle the truth?  Would it be preferred that I lie? That I whimper and simper and sugarcoat the facts? Make it pretty to cause no pain at the time and continue the lie only to have the truth come to the surface eventually and cause more pain in the long run?

I don't understand this person you think I am. I never understand why being honest and straight forward with what I think or feel always causes this anger in others. I cannot comprehend people's desire to only have the bright and brillant even when they know it's a false light. A lie.

I'm sorry you feel this way about me OG. You had begun to earn my respect and friendship as other have here. If you all feel this way, then by all means, I will take your advice and isolate myself from this place and others you go.

It is what it is.

Goodbye.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 06:20:35 AM by Doom Monkey »
~*~ Iris for wisdom, bluebell for truth, juniper for protection, lemon for youth, eucalyptus for healing, plumeria for love, marigold to divine messages from the Goddess above. A spell that is simple, fragrant and sweet, and will open the hearts of those that you meet! ~*~

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 07:52:25 AM »

I can only speak for myself, but I certainly don't feel that way... brutal honesty has an important place in any real interaction; I'd prefer to have someone just lay it on me square rather than blow smoke up my ass.  One of the things I have always respected about you is that you tell it as you see it, not the way you think someone wants to hear it; I think its an asset.

In the end, every one of us judges others by their own standards; it the only metric we have for assessments. 

If I were to ask a question, I want a real answer, not some empty PC rhetoric designed not to hurt my feelings; pain is a part of growth, and sometimes people need a good swift kick to get them thinking. 

You just calls em' as ya sees em; I call that honesty, and honesty is, above all, a very sound virtue.
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

Blackmoons Owl

• Evil Elderz
  • Council Elder
  • Apple
  • creating disturbances wherever I land
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 11:30:34 AM »

I dont feel that way either.  Great intro. :)
"Shapes & forms, against the norms, against the run of the mill, swimming against the stream, life in two dimensions is a mass production scheme."  Rush

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 10:23:30 PM »

This is the last thing I will say to you, you judge with know knowledge  of the person you JUDGE  .In my book that makes you a fool, I'm sorry you have had a bad life poor you are not the only one. You should be happy your children are still alive . My wife my daughter and my son are dead , they found them after six days I was the one who identified them , Yes it ripped heart to pieces . But I can still be nice to other people, sorry you had a bad life but can't you understand that other have had a harder life then you could possible understand . No you can't why because it's all about poor little old you . So grow up , and live again .I like you DM your post and knowledge are great but your bitterness is just stupid . You and I could be good friends but I can not toleate intolerant people who can only see themselves. So I say this to now what you do well go to your children . Please find peace in your life please. I will always be here for you . Joe ps If you want to talk just pm me please.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 06:27:37 AM »

Thank you for the intro Doom Monkey.  I always appreciate honesty and knowing exactly where someone stands on things.  The world needs more of both.  Blessings, Arn
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

Khara

• Birch
  • Mother~Sister~Witch
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 08:52:26 AM »

This is the last thing I will say to you, you judge with know knowledge  of the person you JUDGE  .In my book that makes you a fool, I'm sorry you have had a bad life poor you are not the only one. You should be happy your children are still alive . My wife my daughter and my son are dead , they found them after six days I was the one who identified them , Yes it ripped heart to pieces . But I can still be nice to other people, sorry you had a bad life but can't you understand that other have had a harder life then you could possible understand . No you can't why because it's all about poor little old you . So grow up , and live again .I like you DM your post and knowledge are great but your bitterness is just stupid . You and I could be good friends but I can not toleate intolerant people who can only see themselves. So I say this to now what you do well go to your children . Please find peace in your life please. I will always be here for you . Joe ps If you want to talk just pm me please.

I am very sorry for your loss.  No one should have to suffer such a tragedy and you have my deepest sympathy.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 02:29:54 PM »

Thank you and I'm sorry if I offended you - Pax - oldghost

foxrabbitcrow

• Meṁber
  • Elm
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 08:30:21 PM »

Wow, you are blessed to have such a full family tradition. Sounds like you learned a lot from it.

Very nice to meet you and thanks for the warning. ;)
Seek wisdom with humility
Pages: [1]   Go Up