Welcome, Guest
July 17, 2018, 11:51:11 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ArrowFlame. My Introduction.  (Read 532 times)

ArrowFlame

• Meṁber
  • Alder
ArrowFlame. My Introduction.
« on: October 24, 2011, 11:57:28 AM »

Hello everyone.  I've had your website bookmarked for well over a year now.  So I thought I would register for the forums.

I am a 52 year old married man.  My wife and I are raising one of our granddaughters.  We live on the redwood coast of northern California.

I am from a Fundamentalist / Evangelical / Pentecostal Christian background.  I took my religion very seriously.  I studied the Bible on my own.  The deeper I studied, the more Christianity started coming unraveled for me.  Also, a few family crisises helped trigger spiritual change for me.  Although I would never become an Atheist, I would have chucked Christianity altogether if it weren't for Unity, an organization that is culturally Christian, but honors ALL paths to God. 

The more I have learned about paganism, the more I have identified with it.  As it turns out, pagans are not the unsaved lost, degenerate, evil bogey men that I was once led to believe.  I love nature and always have, especially wilderness areas.  I have learned that we are all interconnected, we are all a part of nature.  I do not think that I could have been open to this truth if I didn't identify as a pagan.  It somewhat grieves me to learn of the murderous history of the Church regarding pagans.

My interests include spirituality, meditation, shamanism, beliefs of ancient indigenous peoples, paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca.

I am so happy to be free of my former religious state of mine.  To say the least, it was a struggle for me.  I have no further use for religious dogma in my life.  If I were to follow another religion, it would be Wicca.  I'm deeply interested.  This is what brings me here, to this site.

Mark   

TBD

• Meṁber
  • Pine
Re: ArrowFlame. My Introduction.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 12:42:00 PM »

Welcome!

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 02:10:53 AM »

Greetings Mark, and welcome.

If you want a good read on Christianity, try The Pagan Christ, by Tom Harpur.
It will finish blowing the doors off the Bible for ya.

Mountain_Mamma

• Holly
  • One with the Moon
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 10:51:39 AM »

Merry Meet ArrowFlame...

Enjoy your Journey.

Laugh, Live, Love
Blessed Be

ArrowFlame

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 12:30:19 PM »

Thank you all for your welcoming words. 

dark magus, The Pagan Christ, by Tom Harpur is an excellent book.  I just finished reading it a couple of weeks ago!  It's interesting to note that Tom Harpur is a former Anglican Priest and seminary professor.  Another good book in this subject matter is Not In His Image, by John Lamb Lash.

Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up