Welcome, Guest
June 26, 2019, 05:15:23 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lynn W says Hello!  (Read 764 times)

LynnW

• Meṁber
  • Elm
  • I'm not crazy. Neither am I.
Lynn W says Hello!
« on: December 13, 2011, 11:21:42 AM »

My name is actually Jennifer but i prefer to go by my middle name (Lynn). Last spring I decided that I wasn't a Christian. I have no problems with Christianity or any other religion. Christianity just never felt right to me personally. I spent the first 28 years of my life trying very hard to make it fit but it never did. So last spring I started researching other religions and ways of life. When I found Wicca it was like love at first sight. I know very little about being Wicca, but I plan to learn. I've already begun looking at books in this sites store. It feels like for the first time in my life I've found something I can really believe in something that fits ME!
Perfume was first created to mask the stench of foul and offensive oders. Spices and bold flavorings were created to mask the taste of putrid and rotting meat. What then was music created for? Was it to drown out the voices of others, or the voices within ourselves? I think I know. -Emilie Autumn

dark magus

• Apple
Re: Lynn W says Hello!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 12:58:57 PM »

Greetings and welcome

The book I always recommend as a starter is Buckland's: Complete Book of Witchcraft.
It's written very simply and cover a wide range of subjects. Also provides references to other books worth reading.
I stay away from Cunningham as, in my view, he's was fundamental in the creation of the McWiccans.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 05:03:05 PM »

Welcome LynnW . Just to say before you start spending money on books to keep most library carry Buckland on can get it from another library . Always the best place to start is to read then if you do not understand ask questions. So Well Meet .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 08:21:01 PM »

Hello Lynn its nice to meet you. I felt the same way when I found Wicca. Hope we get to talk soon.

Blessed Be
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 08:05:58 AM »

Welcome LynnW.  Enjoy your journey.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown
Pages: [1]   Go Up