Welcome, Guest
July 17, 2019, 02:03:09 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey From OK  (Read 1052 times)

Bloodbeauty

• Meṁber
  • Alder
Hey From OK
« on: February 27, 2012, 07:59:59 AM »

Hello, my name is Shy and I have been looking for a little advice. 
Love and Luck,
Bloodbeauty

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
Re: Hey From OK
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 03:25:29 PM »

OK then. Shy you have to tell us what you want advice about.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 07:28:27 PM »

Welcome Shy , ask your questions.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Bloodbeauty

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 07:56:09 PM »

I a writing a book that I want to base on the Wiccan religion, and i want to be as accurate as possible. So is there anything that you think I absolutely have to inclide?
Love and Luck,
Bloodbeauty

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 08:01:06 PM »

I a writing a book that I want to base on the Wiccan religion, and i want to be as accurate as possible. So is there anything that you think I absolutely have to inclide?
It's called personal experience. If you're not a Wiccan, you shouldn't be writing a book on Wicca? If you are, you'd end up writing an intro a body and an epilogue.

What you put into such a book should be personal, though, so it doesn't make sense to ask anyone else what they'd write (I might personally write in, "This book isn't meant for fluffy teenagers to use as a tool of rebellion, so please put it down and go back to reading Harry Potter")

::edit::
If this is meant to be a fiction novel where the protagonist is a Wiccan it might be like this:

The Goddess, The God, Harm none, conflict arises involving harming others/self, doubt in one's faith, intervention by the Goddess -> karmic retribution -> learning from the mistakes and the consequences, realizing the power of the Goddess which prevailed (and always will). It should also end with the birth of a child, as the cycle of life for Wiccans is: birth, maturity, death, rebirth -OR- Summerland (but it doesn't make sense to end a fiction novel on a down note [makes it harder to write a sequel] & you shouldn't attempt conceptualization of the Summerland if you want it passable)...

I don't know, is that what you were looking for?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 08:22:43 PM by lucifer »
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 06:56:57 PM »

So Shy is this book one of fiction or nonfiction , could you tell us a little more if it is fiction . Time frame ,historical etc. ?
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper
Pages: [1]   Go Up