Welcome, Guest
August 25, 2019, 05:22:16 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introducing myself  (Read 1485 times)

Lilli Dawn

• Meṁber
  • Alder
Introducing myself
« on: March 29, 2012, 08:45:05 PM »

Hello to all, I'm new here and also still rather new on my new path of life.  Over the past 6 years I have read alot on Wicca, but it was not until recently that I realized this was truly the right path for me.  I know I have alot to learn, and am excited to be here with like minded people.

I little about me, will I live with my wonderful husband, I have an incredible 17 year old son, who is my pride and joy.  He was my blessing, after losing my first son 19 years ago.  I spend alot of time talking with other moms that have lost children, in hopes to help them find the same peace that I have.

I completely adore animals and have my own little zoo here, 5 dogs, and 11 cats.  We are drawn to the animals that have a hard time finding homes.  Many of ours are either seniors, sick or have behavior problems.  The newest addition we adopted in October is a 11 year old 110 lbs German Shepherd.  His family lost there home to hurrican Irene and our Gunner was scheduled to be put down after his family went for 2 months searching for a new home for him. Shelters would not take him because of his age and hip issues.  It was fate that we seen his story just days before and both me and my husband knew he had to come home to us.  They are our babies and we are always amazed at each ones unique personalities.

I also love to work in the yard along side of my husband, one of my favorite things to do is to come home after a long day at work and just walk around the yard admiring all of the beautiful trees and bushes we have planted.  This time of the year is my favorite because the yard changes so much everyday.

I grew up in a very Catholic family, even went to a Catholic school until 8th grade, however even young I would question our Pastor and teachers about the things we would read and learn.  As an adult I found myself drawn away from the church I grew up in because of all the corruption and the fact so much of it seemed to be more about money than the people that made up the church.  I found Wicca because of my husband, he grew up with a mom and aunt who where always in a search for the right path, although his aunt has claimed for years to be Wiccan, the negative energy he feels from her, led me to start searching for ways to protect us and keep our family in peace.  In the past year I have found myself asking the Goddess and God for help with my sweet Merlin, our first cat, who has cancer.  Although we didn't think he would make it in November, some how he has been so active and happy without the treatment of Chemo.  I never want him to suffer so have told him over and over, that when he feels he needs to move on I'll make sure to take care of all the others.  He was our first cat and the leader here.

Well thats about all, sorry if this post was long, just wanted you all to get to know me.

May your days be bright,
Lilli Dawn

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Re: Introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 09:50:37 PM »

Welcome, Lilli Dawn. I have also lost my two children ages 11 and 9 along with my wife , we'll miss them to the day I die.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 01:05:02 AM »

Welcome Lilli Dawn  I lost my sweet little cat this last January to liver cancer. It was very  sad.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Lilli Dawn

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 04:37:18 AM »

Thank you both for the welcomes, I look forward to getting to know both of you.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 05:20:41 AM »

Welcome Lilli Dawn. :)  Nice intro.  I too am a recovering Catholic.  ;D
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Lilli Dawn

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 05:23:33 AM »

Earthbond, I liked the way you put that, thank you for the welcome I look forward to getting to know you too.

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 10:07:32 AM »

Welcome Lilli Dawn.  Nice intro.  Enjoy your journey.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

The Pet Goddess

• Hawthorn
  • Give the Gift of Love...Volunteer!
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 10:45:50 AM »

You touch my heart, Lilli Dawn, with all you do on behalf of needy animals. 

As an animal shelter volunteer, I see many animals that are given up because of illness or old age.  Some animals are given up because their owners are eldery and can no longer care for them.  Breaks my heart.

My dream is to some day have a place and the funds to care for such animals.  May it be so. 

Welcome to TCC!
We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobiles, rather than by the quality of our service relationship to humanity. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

Lilli Dawn

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 01:39:59 PM »

Pet Goddess, thank you for your kind words, I always tell people that I wanted a house full of children, well appartently that was not meant to be, but I believe there is a reason for everything, and I think that reason is, is because my 4 legged babies needed me instead. 

They can be a handful at times, but I honestly wouldn't have it any other way.  I'm also very lucky that my husband loves them just as much, because he helps so much.  The morning routines of giving out meds, feedings and taking them out before work is probably the most challanging but again it also is so wonderful to wake up to their happy little faces.  Each gives such unconditional love, I just don't understand how some people can sometimes be so cruel. 

We dream of someday owning alot of land so that we can rescue more, we are pretty much at our limit now at this home. 

Both me and my husband seem to be able to bond very easily with animals, the local shelter is still amazed at how a few of our cats have come around after the abuse they once went through.

I'm looking forward to my journey here.

The Pet Goddess

• Hawthorn
  • Give the Gift of Love...Volunteer!
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 03:18:36 PM »

I'm also very lucky that my husband loves them just as much, because he helps so much.

That's always a plus!  My husband loves dogs as much as I do too.  He carries pictures of them in his wallet.  They are our children.
We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobiles, rather than by the quality of our service relationship to humanity. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

trewalker

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 05:15:08 AM »

This is my first visit here having skirted around the edges, contemplated... Soul searched... and returned.  I am old English, raised to respect nature, especially trees, to believe that life is in the lap of the Gods, which caused lots of issues with the church going people.. And here I am at this cross roads ....
Pages: [1]   Go Up