Welcome, Guest
December 11, 2019, 03:54:35 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey guys, a friend asked me to find something o ut for her  (Read 520 times)

echoxnight

• Oak

How do you confirm someone is a high priestess?

Ashe Isadora

• Hawthorn
Re: Hey guys, a friend asked me to find something o ut for her
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 04:29:20 AM »

In what tradition?  If someone is claiming initiation and HPS credentials in British Traditional Wicca, you can join the yahoo group Amber and Jet, and ask that she be vetted back channel. Other traditions may have a different vetting process.  She should be happy to offer the names of her officiating High Priest/esses at her initiation and elevation and you can ask around from there.  If she balks or acts defensive, it's a red flag and there's your answer.
"When I say I'm Wiccan, I don't mean what you THINK I mean."

echoxnight

• Oak
Re: Hey guys, a friend asked me to find something o ut for her
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 01:37:48 AM »

In what tradition?  If someone is claiming initiation and HPS credentials in British Traditional Wicca, you can join the yahoo group Amber and Jet, and ask that she be vetted back channel. Other traditions may have a different vetting process.  She should be happy to offer the names of her officiating High Priest/esses at her initiation and elevation and you can ask around from there.  If she balks or acts defensive, it's a red flag and there's your answer.
As far as I'm aware, she never actually specified. We're both fairly sure she's just trying to one up my friend, because she has a habit of having to be the center of attention. I know she's from Canada, that's about it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up