Welcome, Guest
May 20, 2019, 06:39:21 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Merry Meet, lovelies~  (Read 5790 times)

Buttershark

• Fir
  • My cheese is dead.
    • My Facebook~
Merry Meet, lovelies~
« on: July 04, 2012, 02:50:42 PM »

Well, I'd like to start out by thanking the Admin for accepting my request to join this wonderful forum. Feel free to call me Jess. I am fairly new to witchcraft and Paganism, starting out pretty Atheistic. I am currently being trained by the best to become a Celtic witch. Good thing then that I love to read! My best friend originally is the one who sparked my interest in the occult, as she is a Witch herself. Now of course I took the knowledge that there are REAL witches as kind of silly and a few too many Harry Potter puns and references came to mind when she told me, but I just smiled and was honest with my desire to learn more. I believe in Karma and free will. I swore to myself that I will never do a spell, not until I know what I am doing, and the repercussions of my actions.

I may be 19, but I've lived enough to last me a few too many lifetimes. Abuse, neglect, the like. All on a mature level that was hard to handle for someone my age. In other words, I had to grow up fast. I faced homelessness for about a year, and eventually settled with my friend (the Witch I mentioned) and her husband. Here, I enjoy nature and all her glory, surrounded by trees, rushing brooks, lush landscapes, horses, and maybe one too many chickens. I help with the farm-work and love every sweaty, stinky minute of it. I am always looking for advice and knowledge on Magick, Wicca, and Paganism. So far the help I get is from books, which is a wonderful start, but I have a desire to learn things from those who practice them. I have a "wall" around myself that I have built through the years, and many close friends who have psychic tendencies and talents "bounce off of me" in their words. My pineal gland, or "third eye", is closed and that is my biggest struggle right now. To better understand nature and myself I have to open those walls that I enclosed myself in. I cannot feel them or see them.

I cannot accurately do magick or feel energies, much less work with them or direct them into my will. So all I ask is that you help me to learn and understand that which I already know exists, but cannot be a part of yet. I love to make staffs, smudges, and herbal/crystal charms. I want to be understood, and for that, I will always strive to understand. So much so that when I discovered this forum, I spent a few days or so nonstop reading every single post. Hahaha yeah, No life here. Feel free to ask any question at all, I have nothing to hide. I speak my mind, but I see this as no excuse for me to be insensitive or crass. As I said, I will always try to understand. Blessed Be.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 08:04:00 AM by Buttershark »
"When somebody offers you a gift, you should accept it gracefully;
Whether knowledge, or object."

.::.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.::.

"Small minds cannot comprehend big spirits.
To be great, you must be willing to be mocked, hated, and misunderstood.
Stay strong." -Aarti Khurana

dark magus

• Apple
Re: Merry Meet, lovelies~
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 03:27:33 PM »

Greetings kid, welcome to the zoo.
I was looking at your photo. If you had blond hair you would be the twin to my niece (Sammie). Her sister's name is Jess.

Buttershark

• Fir
  • My cheese is dead.
    • My Facebook~
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 03:43:41 PM »

Hahaha oh? xD Thats cool I think. Well, thank you very much for the welcome! 'Tis an interesting medley of animals in this zoo, hope there's room for this dorky shark~

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 04:20:59 PM »

You are very welcome here. Need anything just yell.

Goddess bless, marisol
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 05:27:34 PM »

Hahaha oh? xD Thats cool I think. Well, thank you very much for the welcome! 'Tis an interesting medley of animals in this zoo, hope there's room for this dorky shark~

With an attitude like that, you're gonna fit right in... :-p

Let me welcome you to TCC, and we appreciate your patience with the length of time it took to approve your account.  I would know, it would be my fault.

Welcome aboard.  :)
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 08:30:04 PM »

I was wondering - are you from Louisiana by any chance and did you study to be a paramedic at any stage?

Your life story reminds me of someone I vaguely know from there is all.

Welcome aboard.

(NB: The red text is basically illegible for those of us using the default black background. Esp the senior members. You might like to stick to white in future and you'll get more responses, as more of us will know what you said)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 08:30:28 PM by Scorched Eartha »
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 09:33:53 PM »

To the op,

You're text looks fine on my end.  I use the smf default Curve theme.  The green theme blinds me.  ;D

I will offer some friendly advice, paragraphs with long posts will go along way when people read your posts.  We have some people that have been accused, who will go nameless by me for being abusive to new members at times for spelling, grammar and the like.  The one particular person that comes to mind will.... 1. read your post and comment nicely.  2.  Ignore your post all together.  or 3. Be abusive about grammar to you.  When she acts like 3.  and you can never tell with her, it's really not pretty.  She usually gets away with it, because she is correct, and she is a great asset to this board, because she is the real deal, a witch if you will.  She has vast knowledge to offer if people pay attention to her.  I would consider her a teacher of sorts.  As I said, just very friendly advice for future posting. :)

I truly do like the color of your op....  ;D
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 09:35:29 PM by Earthbound Spirit »

Buttershark

• Fir
  • My cheese is dead.
    • My Facebook~
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 11:17:14 PM »

Er... Sorry, I didn't realize that I had poor grammar. I am usually a grammar Nazi, so to speak. I typed a long paragraph because I had a lot to say about myself, so that people in the future can know where I'm coming from. As for this woman that you speak of, I think I'll be alright. I'm a tough cookie, albeit with a bitter-sweet gooey shell (ick?) and I can hold my own in debate or insult. No I am not from Louisiana, sorry haha. I'm from Indiana, but live in Michigan. And I chose the maroon font because the white blinded ME, so I really have no idea what others may have been seeing. I figured it'd be easier on the eyes. I'll switch to beige or stick to white in the future. Sorry for another long post. Merry Meet, and Blessed Be~ )O(

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 01:08:13 AM »

"Pineal" is an interesting concept actually. Care to expand upon what it means to you - and how you happened upon it??

Do you ever employ your pineal gland to help you achieve mystical states for example  - or do you think it has owt to do with accessing a dream state - or interpreting and/or reacting to the world in oddly discordant ways?

I'm just fascinated by the concept myself.
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 04:47:12 AM »

Er... Sorry, I didn't realize that I had poor grammar. I am usually a grammar Nazi, so to speak. I typed a long paragraph because I had a lot to say about myself, so that people in the future can know where I'm coming from. As for this woman that you speak of, I think I'll be alright. I'm a tough cookie, albeit with a bitter-sweet gooey shell (ick?) and I can hold my own in debate or insult. No I am not from Louisiana, sorry haha. I'm from Indiana, but live in Michigan. And I chose the maroon font because the white blinded ME, so I really have no idea what others may have been seeing. I figured it'd be easier on the eyes. I'll switch to beige or stick to white in the future. Sorry for another long post. Merry Meet, and Blessed Be~ )O(

For the blind folks.... ;c)

Sita

• Rowan
  • Forever Watching
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 06:44:29 AM »

We can change from the green theme? Why did no one tell me that had finally become available...
*makes the green go away*

Buttershark, first welcome :) Second, best thing to do is just use default text when you are posting (ie no color formatting) that way no matter which skin someone is using the text is readable.
~Hell is the possibility of sanity~

Not around much lately, if you need to get in touch a PM is best. I think I still get an email when one of those come in.

Buttershark

• Fir
  • My cheese is dead.
    • My Facebook~
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 06:56:44 AM »

Well, Eartha, upon research I found that the pineal gland, located just behind the center of the forehead, or between the brows, actually effects how the general human perceives the world. It is actually very commonly called the "third eye" and it definitely seems to have some correlation in psychic activities. That is, some with very active pineals claim to see fae, the vale, and energies more easily. So many are no discovering that that may very well be our "sixth sense" and all creatures have ultra-sensory tendencies (as in, cats and dogs "smelling fear", or knowing your emotions) but humans, having been raised that all things but science are myths, ignore it or do not use it. That is why a baby is, in theory, much more in-tuned to their third eye and imaginary friends seem so much more real, they can see spirits in a haunted area where we cannot. The like. It's quite fascinating, truly. 'Tis only a theory, though. Although a very proven concept at this point. :]

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 07:24:42 AM »

Cartesian metaphysics was really interesting on it actually. A lot of people ignore the work Descartes did on anatomy. He wasn't a Mathematician and a metaphysicist exclusively . He did a great deal of work and study in anatomy - he was a proper Renaissance man. He actually went into great depth on the pineal gland in both The Treatise of Man and The Passions of the Soul .

I love Descartes. He's a beautiful writer. If you're interested at all you ought to look him up.

Khara

• Birch
  • Mother~Sister~Witch
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2012, 07:35:53 AM »

Couldn't read the op. 

Hello and welcome.
~*~ Iris for wisdom, bluebell for truth, juniper for protection, lemon for youth, eucalyptus for healing, plumeria for love, marigold to divine messages from the Goddess above. A spell that is simple, fragrant and sweet, and will open the hearts of those that you meet! ~*~

Buttershark

• Fir
  • My cheese is dead.
    • My Facebook~
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2012, 12:33:38 PM »

Yeah Khara, once again, sorry for the op color. I didn't realize it'd be more difficult for others to read it. I'm using the black background and the white really hurts my eyes and makes everything vibrate and bleed together. I really didn't know what others would be seeing. I suppose the info wasn't really that important anyways. Thanks for the welcome, and Eartha, I will definitely give Descartes a look!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up