Welcome, Guest
May 20, 2019, 05:26:20 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Merry Meet, lovelies~  (Read 5788 times)

Buttershark

• Fir
  • My cheese is dead.
    • My Facebook~
Re: Merry Meet, lovelies~
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2012, 12:41:22 PM »

Also, (although I don't expect anyone to take the effort) the text is easily read by highlighting. ^_^ But as I said, it's really not that important. Just a briefing on my struggles thus far and whatnot. Once I can edit, I may change it for easier viewing. "For the blind people", as EP mentioned haha. My apologies for "IM chatting" like this. I cannot edit or add to posts yet, so I had to make this extra one. 
"When somebody offers you a gift, you should accept it gracefully;
Whether knowledge, or object."

.::.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.::.

"Small minds cannot comprehend big spirits.
To be great, you must be willing to be mocked, hated, and misunderstood.
Stay strong." -Aarti Khurana

Khara

• Birch
  • Mother~Sister~Witch
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2012, 01:22:40 PM »

Yeah I'm going to be nice for now, but....

There are quite a few things you've said and done so far which have irritated the hell out of me.  See I'm the grammar nazi and I really have zero tolerance or use for n00bs.

I'm not blind.

I'm not so stupid that I didn't realize I could "highlight" your long and poorly paragraphed OP and read it. I also could have quoted it and read it.  Or made the screen larger.  There are many ways I could have read your OP.

The fact that you didn't request that someone fix it after you were told it would be a bother for people to me shows a lack of respect.  With that I chose not to bother.

Yeah that was nice for me. 

My best advice check the 'tude (which you tried to hide in humor) before you log on.
~*~ Iris for wisdom, bluebell for truth, juniper for protection, lemon for youth, eucalyptus for healing, plumeria for love, marigold to divine messages from the Goddess above. A spell that is simple, fragrant and sweet, and will open the hearts of those that you meet! ~*~

Buttershark

• Fir
  • My cheese is dead.
    • My Facebook~
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2012, 01:35:41 PM »

Well, I am not you. If being kind, and having humour, is considered "annoying as hell" then so be it. I speak my mind, and obviously you don't have a filter either. I'm perfectly content with controlling my abrasiveness. Find some other, more deserving, individual to attack with your needless childishness. I won't have it. I'm not the nicest person in the world, but I know when to keep my unnecessary opinions on a leash. That's called, being an adult. I have my own problems to deal with, and if you'd be so kind as to mind your own business, then that'd be right swell. Something tells me you have your own issues, as well. Apologizing for mistakes is mature and honest, as I try to be. YOU, ma'am, have a very SEVERE lack of "respect". Or a warped view of it. Respect is earned, not a given. I didn't ask for her to change it simply because I don't like to ask for things. I've spent my entire life helpless and being a doormat, and I will not have a busy, respectable person going out of her way to fix my errors. THAT, is respect. I apologized for my mistakes, but I will not apologize to you. Leave me be, and have a WONDERFUL day.

Khara

• Birch
  • Mother~Sister~Witch
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2012, 02:03:15 PM »

Well, I am not you. If being kind, and having humour, is considered "annoying as hell" then so be it. I speak my mind, and obviously you don't have a filter either. I'm perfectly content with controlling my abrasiveness. Find some other, more deserving, individual to attack with your needless childishness. I won't have it. I'm not the nicest person in the world, but I know when to keep my unnecessary opinions on a leash. That's called, being an adult. I have my own problems to deal with, and if you'd be so kind as to mind your own business, then that'd be right swell. Something tells me you have your own issues, as well. Apologizing for mistakes is mature and honest, as I try to be. YOU, ma'am, have a very SEVERE lack of "respect". Or a warped view of it. Respect is earned, not a given. I didn't ask for her to change it simply because I don't like to ask for things. I've spent my entire life helpless and being a doormat, and I will not have a busy, respectable person going out of her way to fix my errors. THAT, is respect. I apologized for my mistakes, but I will not apologize to you. Leave me be, and have a WONDERFUL day.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Get over yourself chica.  You do not want to fight with me.  I promise you that!

I was very nice considering.  I will not be from now on.

Nest time, read what you said that I was responding to before you get nesty with me because you were snarky and a bit of a brat.  I just called you on it.

~*~ Iris for wisdom, bluebell for truth, juniper for protection, lemon for youth, eucalyptus for healing, plumeria for love, marigold to divine messages from the Goddess above. A spell that is simple, fragrant and sweet, and will open the hearts of those that you meet! ~*~

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2012, 02:58:23 PM »

Welcome to the forums, Buttershark.  I did take the liberty of changing your OP to white... if that's a problem let me know.... ;)
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

Buttershark

• Fir
  • My cheese is dead.
    • My Facebook~
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2012, 03:08:43 PM »

Very well. We can agree to disagree, as I myself think that it is YOU who needs to get over herself. Just as you know what "being nice" is for you, I too know what "being a brat" is for myself. And as you claim that you were being "nice" for you, I claim that I was not being a "brat", for me. I never intend to be rude, unless rudeness is done to me. What you said was NOT nice, and you definitely took what I have been saying the wrong way. I am notorious for not being able to put in words what I mean. And I come across as rude many times. But I mean well, and I despise that I never seem to make myself clear. If you tell me exactly where I seemed crass, or a brat, then I will happily clarify as to my intentions. I meant no disrespect by anything that I said, I am only being me, as this is a page on my own introduction. Of course I was not so respectful in response to your attack on me, but then... I felt wronged, and very defensive. I swear I meant no disrespect on any of my previous posts before that. As I've stated, I have read every post on this forum and every response. In my own way, I truly admire all of the members wits and what they bring to the table. Including yours. I'm an idiot, but not stupid. Maybe you'll come to see that, in the future. I know you think yourself the "big bad" around here, but I don't think getting in an unnecessary tussle with me is a great plan. Tell me what bothered you, and I'll do my best to explain why I said or asked such things. I can be absentminded in how I pose a question or statement, sometimes. And I have a unique view on life. And thank you very much, Firesong, for that help. It is truly appreciated and maybe it'll erase some irritation. :)

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2012, 05:11:03 PM »

I see you met Khara.  I'll throw you a bone. She was who I was referring to in my earlier post.  While she can be a cast iron bitch at times, and don't worry, she will take that as a complement as it is intended, she does know her stuff.  Don't forget what I suggested about paragraphs. ;)

I have difficulty expressing myself very well with words too.  Just say what you feel, and you will do fine. :)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 05:13:59 PM by Earthbound Spirit »
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2012, 05:19:21 PM »

Welcome to the forums, Buttershark.  I did take the liberty of changing your OP to white... if that's a problem let me know.... ;)

I can't read it now....  :-p

I am going to take all the color out of it.  Again, if the op minds, just say so.

ETA:  Yellow and white are completely useless with my theme.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 05:24:28 PM by Earthbound Spirit »
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Sita

• Rowan
  • Forever Watching
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2012, 06:29:48 PM »

Another piece of advice, Buttershark, is to not type big blocks of text. Separate it out into paragraphs.

Because quite honestly I didn't read your OP either, not because of color but because by the third line I kept losing my place and lost any interest in what you were saying.
~Hell is the possibility of sanity~

Not around much lately, if you need to get in touch a PM is best. I think I still get an email when one of those come in.

Buttershark

• Fir
  • My cheese is dead.
    • My Facebook~
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2012, 06:32:36 PM »

I understand. Once again, I only posted that much because it was my introduction and I felt it needed to be said. I don't normally post that much in a reply. But this is different. I never told anybody to read it. As I've said, it doesn't matter that much. Thank you for the advice, though.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2012, 09:20:35 PM »

Well...that was diverting.  :o

Now, back to Pineal glands.

Descartes was only about 4 centuries ahead of the rest of the medical scientific fraternity with identifying the uniquely spiritual and imaginative function of the pineal gland. He defined it as being "where the mind interacts with the brain" or to put it more in Cartesian terms,  the pathway for the human mind to know god.

In his Treatise on Dualism he identified the Pineal gland as "The principle seat of the soul". Spinoza and others after him discounted this utterly as some kind of namby pamby Cartesian double speak, but researchers into LSD found that it was the gateway to the other side of perception.  After Descartes' seminal investigations into its function, it was thought to be, by most anatomists, superfluous. It wasn't till the 1950s  that it was definitively isolated as having an essential role in dreaming, imagination and visualisation.

Many later philosophers of the mind/body conundrum have pinpointed the pineal as the location of the Third Eye. Ayervedic practitioners define it as the seat of one of the major chakras. It produces dimethyltryptamine (DMT), a drug  sold as an hallucinogen and recently has been shown to be light sensitive.  There is evidence that DMT is produced in quite high quantities naturally in the body and we do know it plays a major role in dreaming.

There is some controversy on this and research into it has not been anywhere near extensive enough, so much of the information on DMT produced within the body is still highly speculative. There are I must say  a lot of investigators who dispute its importance, but I'm sold on it. It has been positively identified as being excreted in human urine.
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

Buttershark

• Fir
  • My cheese is dead.
    • My Facebook~
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2012, 09:34:22 PM »

Not gonna lie, that was a fairly badass piece of info. I eat that stuff up, right there! :D I've started getting into the concepts of past lives and the effects they may have on the present soul. Such as multiple personalities, or phobias. Very intriguing. I can see an interesting debater in you. I'd love to test those waters on other concepts sometime. Feel free to PM me whenever. Thank you very much for the post, Eartha!

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2012, 10:20:58 PM »

Ta. I haven't thought that deeply about Descartes since I was trying madly to impress my sexy metaphysics lecturer  I mean since I was a dedicated Philosophy student at Sydney Uni
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

Buttershark

• Fir
  • My cheese is dead.
    • My Facebook~
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2012, 10:34:22 PM »

I haven't thought that deeply about the concepts of past lives since I was trying to use it as an excuse for burning the judges house down I mean since I was smoking weed in my grandmothers basement I mean.... Hell, never mind...

Khara

• Birch
  • Mother~Sister~Witch
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2012, 06:12:46 AM »

Very well. We can agree to disagree, as I myself think that it is YOU who needs to get over herself. Just as you know what "being nice" is for you, I too know what "being a brat" is for myself. And as you claim that you were being "nice" for you, I claim that I was not being a "brat", for me. I never intend to be rude, unless rudeness is done to me. What you said was NOT nice, and you definitely took what I have been saying the wrong way. I am notorious for not being able to put in words what I mean. And I come across as rude many times. But I mean well, and I despise that I never seem to make myself clear. If you tell me exactly where I seemed crass, or a brat, then I will happily clarify as to my intentions. I meant no disrespect by anything that I said, I am only being me, as this is a page on my own introduction. Of course I was not so respectful in response to your attack on me, but then... I felt wronged, and very defensive. I swear I meant no disrespect on any of my previous posts before that. As I've stated, I have read every post on this forum and every response. In my own way, I truly admire all of the members wits and what they bring to the table. Including yours. I'm an idiot, but not stupid. Maybe you'll come to see that, in the future. I know you think yourself the "big bad" around here, but I don't think getting in an unnecessary tussle with me is a great plan. Tell me what bothered you, and I'll do my best to explain why I said or asked such things. I can be absentminded in how I pose a question or statement, sometimes. And I have a unique view on life. And thank you very much, Firesong, for that help. It is truly appreciated and maybe it'll erase some irritation. :)

tl;dr

And might I suggest you diaf!!!

I don't give third chances. I made a commment, wasn't rude, but your response was.  So I gave back as good as I got, then you decide you need to "put me in my place" so then I got nasty.  After your last comment, you've just shown your true colors.  It does make it easier when I know the kind of person someone is upfront. 

See now, I don't have to bother to even try to be nice because you've shown you are not worth the effort. 

Maybe next time you will think before you are nasty to people you know zero about.  It's actually quite simple.

See how easy it is to make spaces between your sentences and divide it up so people can read it?  Amazing how a little effort can make something much more pleasant for others to read.  After all that is who it's being written for right? The other members. Otherwise, might I suggest your going the blog route.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up