Welcome, Guest
May 22, 2019, 11:36:44 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 1333 times)

Guinievere

• Meṁber
  • Alder
  • Eternity is before me
Greetings
« on: July 14, 2012, 12:32:30 AM »

Hello all, I am called Guinievere (or Guin, if you prefer). I am experiencing a transition period in my spiritual beliefs, torn between the Presbyterian beliefs of my friends and family, and the Wicca beliefs I feel called to. I have very few people I can talk to about it, yet I have found that I learn most about myself by talking to other people. I have several questions I don't even know how to phrase, yet no one to ask. Please answer if you feel inclined, and if you would, answer this question: How do you (personally) typically celebrate the sabbats?
The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation.

Shekinah

• Fir
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 07:28:10 AM »

Welcome, Guin.  It sounds like you and I are in a similar position.  Like you, I was raised in the church and all of my family (and most of my friends) are still Believers.  Many things have drawn me away from that faith, though.

I hope you find the friendship and answers you are looking for here.  :)

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 09:33:30 AM »

Welcome and merry meet. I suggest that you pop over to the Wicca Q&A part of this forum ad look into the posts there. It holds valuable information as to what books you need to read and any questions that others may have asked. I would HIGHLY suggest that you use the Search function to see if a question/topic has already been posted about before starting a new post.

As for celebrating the sabbats, it depends on the path you are walking. Some Wiccan paths require a full ceremony (including calling the corners) and others are okay with just spending some time outside with Mother Nature. Kinda like the different Christian paths. Catholics versus Baptists sorta thing.

Poke around a bit, and get a feel for how we do things here. Questions are welcomed as long as we haven't answered them a gazillion times already. Most important:

WE DO NOT SHARE SPELLS!!!!

Blessed Be,
Aly
So tell me not of avatars. Show me not your proof that yours is the true god. I grant you your beliefs without question and without judgment, but if you grant me what is in my heart, then such proof is irrelevant. ~Drizzt Do'Urden

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 10:48:08 AM »

Welcome to TCC  :)

<------Recovering Catholic  ;D
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 10:58:04 AM »

Oh well. I was raised by Fundie atheists and became a pagan. They were horrified, but eventually they adjusted. Either that or they just learned not to get in my face about it. Anyway they shut up eventually.

People do.

Don't mind me, I'm just the forum pet troll. They keep me around coz I makes everyone else look smarter and more knowledgeable...not to mention far classier by comparison.

So anyhow....Welcome aboard. I'm not actually Wiccan, so I don't really do the whole Blessed Be thing but you know - to each their own.

A few hints:

Don't ask for spells....or offer them. Against the House Rules. The authorities get v purse lipped.

Don't type in purple text....Fecking hard to read on the black default background, which I keep because it makes the darker images I'm partial to posting look kickarse. And though I'm hardly in my dotage, I never have been able to see for shit.

Have a good read of the board before you ask anything too fecking basic. Like "What wood should I use for a wand." or "Bees wax candles or are the flameless kind OK for my altar?" And the ever appearing "What books can I read to learn about Wicca?"

The answer is almost certainly out there somewhere and unlike many sites, the search function here is relatively effective for that kind of thing. Some of 'em don't half get pissed off at n00bs for double posting topics that have been well and truly covered. And some of us will just lead you astray appallingly for the hell of it (Well OK me mostly....so you have been warned.)

If you ask about psychic vampires, shadow people, past life regressions in which you were the Queen of Sheba, Mark Antony and/or Cleopatra, Sweeney Todd  or Marie Antoinette, prepare to be mercilessly ridiculed. Mainly by me, again, but others will be bound to join in for teh lulz value.

A note about some of the regs.
Oldghost is lovely though he might appear a little batty at times. Aly is sweet till you push her and then she's a lot like me. dm isn't as snarky as he occasionally seems, unless he dislikes you -  and then he's a lot worse than you'd ever dreamed he might be.

All the Mods are pretty cool and light handed unless you really tick them off with illegality or a flagrant rule flouting (like asking for spells) and no matter what he tries to tell you to the contrary, Serp isn't one. (A moderator I mean. Not even the Sekrit kind. It's a fantasy life he has that we allow him to indulge in because it's keeping him off the streets.) Marisol's a sweety and if you hurt,  upset or insult her I'll most likely verbally garotte you.

NB: Try to moderate your bloody language. It shits ebs witless when people swear (well he's used to me now, but it isn't something we like to encourage in others.) Think of the children.

Welcome aboard. Try not to rock the boat too much and we'll all get along just swimmingly, I'm sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSR5TnNGKmo

Just saw this and thought it was teh funnay and I ought to share:

http://www.lamebook.com/the-half-blood-prince/

« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 11:10:22 AM by Scorched Eartha »
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 11:45:59 AM »

Welcome aboard. You can ask any question you want and your sure to get at least two opinions from each person that replies.
If your just not comfortable asking in open thread, pm someone you think you can trust.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 01:10:49 PM by dark magus »

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 10:40:42 AM »

Welcome Guin.  I will give you this one since you are new.  Look under Deities and Holidays to
answer your question.  There's a lot in there.  Enjoy your journey.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 11:24:45 AM »

Hello and welcome. Well they are a bit wordy aren't they, but I love them all.

Goddess bless,  marisol
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2012, 11:50:08 AM »

Huh!
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 08:21:03 AM »

Huh!

Erudite and informative as always sweetheart.
 :-*

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 10:06:58 AM »

Cutie pie that means I love you too.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 12:29:35 AM »

Welcome Guin , hope you find what is right for you.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper
Pages: [1]   Go Up