Welcome, Guest
August 22, 2019, 10:34:03 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Naturally a Newbie  (Read 5332 times)

TornRed

• Meṁber
  • Elm
  • Harm None
Naturally a Newbie
« on: July 15, 2012, 03:54:36 PM »

Hey, ya'll. I just wanted to take a second and say hi. I'm new to the site and found it to be super interesting and informative unlike some of the others I have run across. I'm excited to be a part of it all and hope to make some great friends to bounce ideas off of and to gain insight and information from. Blessed Be.

dark magus

• Apple
Re: Naturally a Newbie
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 04:40:51 PM »

Greetings

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 09:09:47 AM »

Welcome to TCC  :)
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 09:12:33 AM »

Oooh, more new blood. How lovely.

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

naturalpaganmomma

• Holly
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 10:43:28 AM »

Hi. Nice to see I'm not the only fresh meat here. LOL

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 08:57:17 PM »

Hello and Welcome.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 04:38:39 PM »

Welcome Tornred.  Enjoy your journey.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 12:40:42 AM »

Well meet TornRed . Don't feed the Pagans  ;D
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

TornRed

• Meṁber
  • Elm
  • Harm None
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 01:10:57 AM »

Thanks. I'm naturally a loner. I tend to self direct and self correct but I'm always looking for helpful words. I rarely ask but always welcome. I take constructive criticism well but get frustrated with petty corrections. I don't care about the minor and tend to lean toward the major. It's what matters that counts.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2012, 04:22:09 AM »

Thanks. I'm naturally a loner. I tend to self direct and self correct but I'm always looking for helpful words. I rarely ask but always welcome. I take constructive criticism well but get frustrated with petty corrections. I don't care about the minor and tend to lean toward the major. It's what matters that counts.

Well I've left you a few not so petty corrections about the minor on another thread.

Go look. Come back and tell me if I have managed to offend or upset you and I promise I wont give a ratsarse, 'kay?
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

TornRed

• Meṁber
  • Elm
  • Harm None
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2012, 09:51:14 PM »

I don't get offended. And I don't think ya'll give her enough credit. 17 is pretty much where you start getting a handle on yourself. I had a pretty good idea of who I was at 17. I had a lot to learn but I knew what I thought and what I believed in and it was (and still is) a far cry from what my parents believe in. I was a youth mentor in a juvenile facility for 4 years and a youth counselor for 2 years. I've worked with a lot of kids and I feel it's important to make them feel validated...

I have a feeling there are some people on here that are just mean-spirited and not really looking to help others but to help themselves feel more powerful. Might not actually be the right place for me after all.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 03:01:09 AM »

I don't get offended. And I don't think ya'll give her enough credit. 17 is pretty much where you start getting a handle on yourself. I had a pretty good idea of who I was at 17. I had a lot to learn but I knew what I thought and what I believed in and it was (and still is) a far cry from what my parents believe in. I was a youth mentor in a juvenile facility for 4 years and a youth counselor for 2 years. I've worked with a lot of kids and I feel it's important to make them feel validated...

I have a feeling there are some people on here that are just mean-spirited and not really looking to help others but to help themselves feel more powerful. Might not actually be the right place for me after all.

Are you thick??

I agree that 17 is morally and intellectually old enough to make decisions. In my country it's also legally old enough.

However, this website is registered in the US. And THERE it is not legal till she is 18 to be discussing things with her that her parents might have theological issues with....do you get that or as I asked at the outset, are you thick?

It is not YOU or ME who would be in strife. It's the owners and the admins.

So SHUT IT!!!

eta: And since you're not easily offended, may I take the opportunity to point out that you still have a great deal to learn, madame wise woman - esp in regard to having some fecking manners and a few social skills.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 05:15:39 AM by Scorched Eartha »

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 10:40:01 AM »

SE , your so cute when you get all forceful , not that your normaly now cute  :-p .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 04:57:38 PM »

You haven't ran into anyone that fits that description, yet.  Believe me, I know.  I've been hanging around for a few days now.  Give the board and it's members a chance.  I call TCC a home.  You could too.

We honestly do take parental rights very seriously here.  SE knows this and stuck up for the board and Admin staff.  When SE and I first met, we didn't get along at all but fortunately that isn't the case now.  Try not to be so judgemental until you get to know someone.  That can't be done in a couple of posts.

Certainly feel free to use the pm system to offer personal advice to anyone you like.  Me, I'm almost 50.  I very very rarely pm with minors unless it is board related and my admin duties.  Why?  To protect myself.  I've been hanging around on the internet since Al Gore invented it, and you meet all kinds of people on it.  Some good, and some that are not so good.  A lot of people on the net, lie about their age.  Fortunately, it doesn't seem to happen here that often, but it has happened.

We've had angry parents show up on our site before.  It's not very pretty.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 05:02:45 PM by Earthbound Spirit »
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

TornRed

• Meṁber
  • Elm
  • Harm None
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 12:36:08 AM »

Thick....hum, yes, I am very thick. You should see pictures.

The only people who need to fear are people with something to hide.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up