Welcome, Guest
July 17, 2019, 01:26:29 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Naturally a Newbie  (Read 5198 times)

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
Re: Naturally a Newbie
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2012, 12:40:37 AM »

The only people who need to fear are people with something to hide.

And the people who pay the fines and lose their license to run a website which is an intrinsic part of their lives and for some, their income stream.
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

TornRed

• Meṁber
  • Elm
  • Harm None
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 12:42:00 AM »

Shut it?? On my own thread?

TornRed

• Meṁber
  • Elm
  • Harm None
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 12:44:05 AM »

Telling a 17 year old in America that her religious views are not wrong will not get you arrested....or fined. Nor will encouraging someone to read a book.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 12:55:06 AM »

Telling a 17 year old in America that her religious views are not wrong will not get you arrested....or fined. Nor will encouraging someone to read a book.

I tell you what. How about we just agree to ignore one another utterly?

I can see there is no reasoning with you about the legalities of running a website dedicated to a minority religion in an intrinsically Christian influenced nation - and quite frankly it's getting very dull to try.
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

TornRed

• Meṁber
  • Elm
  • Harm None
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 01:00:43 AM »

Yes, please.

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2012, 09:48:19 AM »

No, the way you worded that, your correct.
However counciling a minor to disobey her legal guardian can. It's called...Interferance with a minor.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2012, 01:11:43 PM »

TR , it's not what you think ; it's what the girls parents think that would matter in a court of law. I've known kids young then her that had more common sence then a lot of adults but the courts don't see things that way. If the parents of any child want to they can come after you . Not just civily but crimmally too.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2012, 07:40:35 PM »

I said it in that thread & I'll reiterate it here for you. IF my daughter was 17 (in about 11 years, she WILL be), and was going on a forum where people were telling her to IGNORE what I had taught her and to "do her own thing", I would be FURIOUS!! She is MY child and I decide what I want her to know and when. No one else on this board or the entire Internet has the right to tell her otherwise. She is a smart girl and I have the proof of this. Even so, it would piss me off to no end if someone else decided that she was smart enough to not include me in a major life decision. Changing religions IS a major life decision and should NOT be entered into lightly or on a whim.

This girl that we are "discussing" is 17 and as far as I know, lives in the US, what may happen and be considered legal in other parts of the world is null and void in the US because this board belongs to a US citizen. I am TIRED of this debate about people being able to do whatever they want because they don't live in the US. You are absolutely right, you have the RIGHT to do whatever you want, AS LONG as it doesn't infringe on someone else's rights. Can you jump off the Empire State building? SURE!!! Knock yourself out, but when you land on me, you have infringed on MY RIGHT to keep breathing. You can "advise" this girl all you want, but you DO NOT have the right to override her parents' RIGHT to forbid her to certain subjects. I, personally, would beat the living sh** out of you, then sue you for invading my parental rights AND for pissing me off enough to hurt you.

As for mean-spirited people? Nope, only when you piss one of us off or assume that you know more than the more knowledgeable people on this board. We have REASONS we react the way we do to situations like this. If you can't understand where we are coming from or WHY we have said what we have said, then maybe you're right, maybe you need to find a forum where people don't have the type of values, morals, and standards that we have.
So tell me not of avatars. Show me not your proof that yours is the true god. I grant you your beliefs without question and without judgment, but if you grant me what is in my heart, then such proof is irrelevant. ~Drizzt Do'Urden

TornRed

• Meṁber
  • Elm
  • Harm None
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2012, 05:21:42 PM »

I've never crossed any line. I've only asked questions and seek answers. I never advised anyone to go against their parents wishes. Just a discussion. Maybe they shouldn't let anyone under 18 join the site if it's that big of an issue. (And if they lie, it's not the fault of the administrators.)

Please tell me what makes you think you or anyone else here is more knowledgeable than I am....Tell me what you know about me to lead you to that conclusion.

U.S. laws are not natural laws. They are not the end all be all of life. I personally do not hold myself to them. (If I read correctly this is my space to express myself, which I am doing!) They are frankly quite stupid in most cases and made by quite ignorant people mostly based on financial gain. If you are a believer in the natural free world, you probably wouldn't care so much about and run a website with such stringent rules.

And about your comment having to due with kicking the shyte out of me..."Harm None" in which I am a firm believer.

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2012, 06:06:43 PM »

U.S. laws are not natural laws. They are not the end all be all of life. I personally do not hold myself to them. (If I read correctly this is my space to express myself, which I am doing!) They are frankly quite stupid in most cases and made by quite ignorant people mostly based on financial gain. If you are a believer in the natural free world, you probably wouldn't care so much about and run a website with such stringent rules.

And about your comment having to due with kicking the shyte out of me..."Harm None" in which I am a firm believer.
1) Living in the US makes you subject to US law (or hosting a server here makes the server administrators subject to such by proxy)
2) Driving a wedge between a parent and child (even if the wedge was already there) could be considered harmful to the parent or to the child...

Parents and children have a special relationship... if you can't see that tampering with that relationship might be harmful (especially when what all good parents want is for their children to be and do well in life)... actually, I can't think of any comparison... I think that might be the most harmful thing you can do... trying to destroy or cause dissention within a family

Blessed Be
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2012, 06:24:38 PM »

I can't help feeling that she's just being deliberately obtuse now.

Oh oopse. I'm not allowed to post on this thread am I?

Sorry. But as the OP had already pointed out ad infinitum, I am a rude cow.

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2012, 10:02:46 PM »

As Wiccan as I am and as much as I believe and respect the Rede and ESPECIALLY the Harm one law, I am a mother and VERY protective of my child. I have said time and time again that if someone touches my child in an unkind manner or hurts her, I will go to jail with a song in my heart.

I am NOT going to debate this any further with you (TornRed), I have said my peace and if you aren't intelligent enough to realize that you HAVE advised a minor to go against their parents' wishes is wrong in SEVERAL ways, I can't help you. It is the same thing as a child being raped and told not to tell anyone for their family's "safety". And if you don't understand WHY a parent would view this as harmful and enough to call the police, then you either don't have kids or have no common sense. What's the expression about coming between a mother lion and her cubs?
So tell me not of avatars. Show me not your proof that yours is the true god. I grant you your beliefs without question and without judgment, but if you grant me what is in my heart, then such proof is irrelevant. ~Drizzt Do'Urden

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2012, 01:11:07 AM »

I gotta agree, lets move on :)
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

TornRed

• Meṁber
  • Elm
  • Harm None
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2012, 10:52:35 PM »

Eh, I just like to stir things up. It's all a lie anyway. I don't believe in any of this...I got some good reactions though. I'm done with this boring site...Wish I could delete it but low and behold, I can't. I hate you all. Have fun.

naturalpaganmomma

• Holly
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2012, 12:12:35 AM »

I've never crossed any line. I've only asked questions and seek answers. I never advised anyone to go against their parents wishes. Just a discussion. Maybe they shouldn't let anyone under 18 join the site if it's that big of an issue. (And if they lie, it's not the fault of the administrators.)

Please tell me what makes you think you or anyone else here is more knowledgeable than I am....Tell me what you know about me to lead you to that conclusion.

Eh, I just like to stir things up. It's all a lie anyway. I don't believe in any of this...I got some good reactions though. I'm done with this boring site...Wish I could delete it but low and behold, I can't. I hate you all. Have fun.

The top quote does not seem like a lie. It seems as if you are greatly offended. I was not aware I had done anything to you and there are many on this site that remained mute on this thread, but since you hate us all I might as well chime in.

Following the natural law of things is fine and dandy but first you have to define natural law. Natural law could mean different things to different people.

A pedophile might think it's natural law to touch one of my kids, while natural law for me would be granting them a slow and agonizing death for touching one of my kids. So which perspective is right on natural law? Mine or the pedophile's?

Also, following the natural law while forgoing governmental law, no matter how stupid you think governmental law to be, can take away the freedom with which you wish to enjoy natural law if you don't obey the governmental law in the process. So much for enjoying natural law then when you are subjected to the unwritten, natural laws of the U.S. penal system. Good luck with that.  ::)

I understand that you took quite a beating in this thread. I really do. I can understand you being offended, but acting like a child...dare I say a veritable brat, is no way to handle the situation.

Also, if this is any help whatsoever, not that it matters at this point. But if it helps, look into the laws pertaining to adding to or aiding the delinquency of a minor. They may vary state by state, but all states have them. So, yes, a person can get thrown in jail for advising a minor to go against their parents wishes, even if it is over the net. They may even be viewed as predatory depending upon the state.

Now, as for your comment about what makes anyone here more knowledgeable than you are? Your last post...the second quote in this reply, answers that question well enough on it's own.

Next time, before you utter a word or a phrase...before you put something into text for all to see, think well before you do. For a 32 year old, you have come off immature and inept. You have no one to blame but yourself.

;) Have fun.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up