Welcome, Guest
May 23, 2019, 09:48:14 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Naturally a Newbie  (Read 4899 times)

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Re: Naturally a Newbie
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2012, 12:26:52 AM »

No great loss . NPM it's people like you and serafina this site needs not spoiled little brats.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
Re: going to be such form friends.Naturally a Newbie
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2012, 01:38:21 AM »

Eh, I just like to stir things up. It's all a lie anyway. I don't believe in any of this...I got some good reactions though. I'm done with this boring site...Wish I could delete it but low and behold, I can't. I hate you all. Have fun.

Personally, I'm just devastated.

And here was I, thought we were well on the way to being such firm friends.
 :'( :'( :'(

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2012, 01:48:26 AM »

Oh SE I'm so sorry you have lost a friend , you poor thing  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( ;D
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2012, 01:49:20 AM »

I think I'll live.

;)
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2012, 02:05:55 AM »

Bless your sweet little heart. 8)

naturalpaganmomma

• Holly
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2012, 06:57:12 AM »

No great loss . NPM it's people like you and serafina this site needs not spoiled little brats.

Thank you.  :)

Eh, I just like to stir things up. It's all a lie anyway. I don't believe in any of this...I got some good reactions though. I'm done with this boring site...Wish I could delete it but low and behold, I can't. I hate you all. Have fun.

Personally, I'm just devastated.

And here was I, thought we were well on the way to being such firm friends.
 :'( :'( :'(

Bless your sweet little heart. 8)

;)

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2012, 07:02:28 AM »

It's interesting how some people could take a misunderstanding (or series of misunderstandings) and write someone off completely because of it...

I hope you'll come back in time, and see that we weren't trying to collectively make you feel like an outcast. I hope you can come back someday with a more open mind, so that you might listen and learn when appropriate.

and to everyone who posted a "good riddance" you have no idea what we may have lost with this one person going. Just because you don't like someone or you think they're good-for-nothing doesn't mean that they aren't worth liking or that they couldn't teach you something new (even if that something new is just to have patience ;) ).
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2012, 07:09:26 AM »

Most welcome NPM , here for you if you ever need me.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2012, 07:17:37 AM »

What we lost Lucifer was something we did not need or want in the first place. You have not been here long enough to understand and you miss out on the battles so please do not judge what you no nothing of.

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2012, 07:54:11 AM »

What we lost Lucifer was something we did not need or want in the first place. You have not been here long enough to understand and you miss out on the battles so please do not judge what you no nothing of.
I know exactly what it is that I'm speaking of.
I know that if in my life, if my teacher's had given up on me because I was slow to learn, I'd never have learned anything.

So you are now wondering how this applies to you. You didn't sign on to be a teacher when you came here! You're right (and wrong!)!.

Forums are a place of discussion, learning, and meetings of the mind. Everyone here is a teacher and everyone here is a student (people who fall outside of this statement are trolls, IMO)

and maybe you're all right... maybe she could never have been reached, and the place is better off without her (I'd disagree, though), but on the flipside of that (and think about this for a minute) maybe you're wrong. I'm not asking for you to defend your position, as I've clearly stated that it could be right... I'm asking you to think a little harder about my position.

and I've had plenty of experience with web-trolls (read my orange signature, and ask yourself why someone who was new would have said that) and TornRed in no way seemed to be intentionally trolling (maybe just a little immature). It's just easy to go into a defensive mode and feel hurt and offended when someone else points out that you've done something wrong (especially if you don't believe that it was wrong), and it's even easier to stay in said mode.

I'm also absolutely fine with you disagreeing with me in the content of this post, so long as you disagree after having read it and with some understanding of it. I just wanted to make the point that noone else would because they were all too busy throwing around the proverbial middle fingers! Everyone has some room to learn, and everyone also has some room to teach. If you're not willing to be patient in the teaching, don't expect others to be able to learn from it, BUT also don't expect others to be patient in trying to teach you and don't get mad if you can't understand but noone's left to try and explain it ;)

Blessed Be
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2012, 08:30:52 AM »

Like I said you are new here ( not that I'm disagreeing with you ) but you were not here when all the sh*t happened . You do not know of the mass troll attacks so please do one of two things . Read all the old threads or shut up . Do not think that I do not understand your post far from it .
How do you know , where you here before ??? ??? ??? ??? ??
You don't offend me and you sure as hell can't hurt me .
Aah the orange signature , just because you wrote does not mean it's true now does it.
Who I teach is my business as is who I learn from.
Also noone is not a word use the spell check.

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2012, 08:50:38 AM »

Like I said you are new here ( not that I'm disagreeing with you ) but you were not here when all the sh*t happened . You do not know of the mass troll attacks so please do one of two things . Read all the old threads or shut up . Do not think that I do not understand your post far from it .
How do you know , where you here before ??? ??? ??? ??? ??
You don't offend me and you sure as hell can't hurt me .
Aah the orange signature , just because you wrote does not mean it's true now does it.
Who I teach is my business as is who I learn from.
Also noone is not a word use the spell check.
I did read alykat's original post and I saw everything that was said in there. And it all seemed to be well intentioned until TornRed was publically called out for giving advice that she shouldn't have (and I agree that she shouldn't have given it). Use PMs if you don't know someone as it's more polite than publically calling them out, which then makes them a spectacle to be laughed at (and noone wants to feel like a circus act, being stared and laughed at).

and the truth or not of my signature or not wasn't the point, so much as why I'd have put it if I was unexperienced with web-forums.

Also, Well meet.. isn't gramatically correct and noone is a word. Please refrain from bringing into question my vocabulary as an attempt to draw validity away from the points which I've made.

Sita

• Rowan
  • Forever Watching
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2012, 08:55:06 AM »

I do believe this is the first time I've been called a troll.
It makes my rebellious side tingle with glee ;)

lucifer, Why is it you think that one must either be a teacher or a student to be here?
~Hell is the possibility of sanity~

Not around much lately, if you need to get in touch a PM is best. I think I still get an email when one of those come in.

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2012, 09:02:56 AM »

lucifer, Why is it you think that one must either be a teacher or a student to be here?
Teacher and student (``and'', not ``or'', IMO) and because this is a forum which is a place for discussion, and by definition if you aren't open to the possibility of learning you're not having a discussion. (I would have also said "if you're not willing to teach...", but most people only have their opinion or facts which they've gathered to offer which is an attempt to teach without realizing it).

If you've come here to discuss you must be willing to allow yourself to learn (if the opportunity presents itself)

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2012, 09:03:17 AM »

But when you mean no one do it that way . Damn you just don't get it who care about alykat . You missed the whole point . This goes back a long time kid so until you understand just shut it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up