Welcome, Guest
August 22, 2019, 11:14:20 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Naturally a Newbie  (Read 5333 times)

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Re: Naturally a Newbie
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2012, 09:05:26 AM »

What I needed to learn I learned before you where born.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2012, 09:06:50 AM »

Sita , you are not a troll and you are welcome here always talk to you on BC.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2012, 09:16:46 AM »

What I needed to learn I learned before you where born.
Calling into question someone's age (...which you've never asked, and I've never told) doesn't take validity away from what that person is saying, does it?

Also, if you're assuming that you know everything that you'll ever need to, you're mind is probably closed to the possibility for learning (which, by definition, is ignorance). There's always something new to learn (or possibly something old to be re-learned [as it wasn't learned properly the first time around]). ;)

Blessed Be
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

naturalpaganmomma

• Holly
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2012, 09:28:42 AM »

lucifer,

I think it is very kind and noble of you to defend TornRed. However, that individual took a disagreement between themselves and a few people and turned it into an all out face slap against everyone on the boards. That was not right, nor was it called for. I do understand that harsh words were used against TornRed, but as I said in another thread dealing with a different subject, you can not control other people, only how you yourself react.

Now, if TornRed had taken the time to go through old threads as I have, TornRed would have seen that the ladies and gentlemen of this forum have had to deal with more than their fair share of ignorance, laziness in research, and flat out fakers. After a while, and believe me some of the people have been posting here for an extremely long time from what I have read, their patience has run out and understandably so. Especially when there are sticky threads that all newcomers should read to help prevent issues and misunderstandings. In addition to this, by reading older posts, one gets a feel for each individual's unique character and how they react to things. Some are less gentle than others, but they are that way to everyone. It's just how they are and that is as it should be.

It is nice that you believe people are worthy of being taught but a person can learn nothing, be taught nothing, if they elect to go off in a huff without giving others the benefit of the doubt.

Now, personally for me, I did not initially want to join in the anticipation anyone here would become my teacher. Nor did I read anything guaranteeing I would be taught by anyone. I initially joined because I wanted the reinforcement that I was not the only person in the world who had changed their spiritual path. I'm thirty nine years old. I had been in the proverbial broom closet for decades. Stepping out of that closet can be a very scary thing for some people. I know I was sure hesitant.

Here, I found a community of individuals who are walking different paths together. The fact I have learned so much here and the fact there are those here willing to teach and answer questions is a bonus I appreciate greatly.  But I am also receptive to learn. I want to be called on something if I am wrong. I want to be told if I have said something offensive or have stated something that another is in disagreement with. I want to know if my grammar is poor or my spelling in inaccurate. Especially the later two. Can you imagine the havoc that can be wrought if a spell is cast with bad grammar or misspellings? I shudder at the thought.

I joined knowing full well I was new and there were established rules. I was willing to follow those rules and accept any harsh criticisms I received. I steeled my backbone and asked for membership with all of this in mind. If I could take all of those things into consideration, so can everyone else. I hope you can understand.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2012, 09:40:34 AM »

;) NPM  ;D
No responce to you luc. Bye.and I mean Bye.

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2012, 10:05:47 AM »

NPM, the more you post, the happier I am you found TCC.  ;)
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2012, 10:12:31 AM »

Eh, I just like to stir things up. It's all a lie anyway. I don't believe in any of this...I got some good reactions though. I'm done with this boring site...Wish I could delete it but low and behold, I can't. I hate you all. Have fun.
It's interesting how some people could take a misunderstanding (or series of misunderstandings) and write someone off completely because of it...

I hope you'll come back in time, and see that we weren't trying to collectively make you feel like an outcast. I hope you can come back someday with a more open mind, so that you might listen and learn when appropriate.

and to everyone who posted a "good riddance" you have no idea what we may have lost with this one person going. Just because you don't like someone or you think they're good-for-nothing doesn't mean that they aren't worth liking or that they couldn't teach you something new (even if that something new is just to have patience ;) ).

Personally I wrote her off because she was a rude bitch.

And the "immature" young person you feel so proprietarial towards passed herself off in ANOTHER thread as old enough to be called as The Wise Woman in a hand fasting ceremony.

For my part that story smelled about as highly of bullshit as Old MacDonald's Farm, but that's how she portrayed herself and so that's how I treated her. As someone old enough and tutoured enough to know that breaking federal laws by offering to help a minor child disobey their parents express wishes about religious associations, thus endangering both the site owners right to operate TCC and the admins equanimity vis a vis lack of legal action against them for allowing that to happen under their noses, might just be a bad idea. Esp when one has been on the site for all of 5 mins and made no contribution of any worth or even lulz value.

It was pointed out to her time and again that she'd over stepped a mark. Time and again she reiterated her intent to reach out to said under aged user and help them subvert their parents wishes about religious practices. She was rude. She was was recalcitrant, she downright told me on another thread that I had no place responding to her posts and ultimately she was just plain fecking dull in the repetitive manner in which she stated the same position and intent  on every issue under discussion.

She flounced. Good for her. If she comes back she would be well advised to be more entertaining -  or at the very least to have some bloody manners - and I imagine she'll meet with a better reception.

And btw I'm the only troll in the group you addressed. The rest of them are on the level users. But they tolerate me because I make people laugh occasionally and I'm not an irresponsible, ill mannered  gobshyte.

btw: When you address og you had best recall these few things:

He is an octogenraian with a lifelong commitment to the Wiccan path and a long history of posting on TCC. Thus he is your elder both physically and spiritually. More to the point I am overweaningly fond of him personally and I didn't like your bloody tone when you addressed him. You snotty little turd.

A few hours ago you made a great show of a massed apology for any offense you may have inadvertently caused and were told by all respondents that you hadn't done any such thing.

But now I see that you're a bit of an empath son - you had a glimpse into the near future  didn't you ? Because I am bloody offended now!

But I'll tell you straight, it's not me you need to be apologising to this time!

« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 10:16:15 AM by Scorched Eartha »
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2012, 10:22:39 AM »

PS: How's that psychic vampirism going for you son? Drained any of us yet?
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

naturalpaganmomma

• Holly
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2012, 10:47:22 AM »

NPM, the more you post, the happier I am you found TCC.  ;)

:) Thank you.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up