Welcome, Guest
September 16, 2019, 01:12:06 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello Everyone!  (Read 1937 times)

curiousowl

• Alder
Hello Everyone!
« on: July 25, 2012, 10:43:22 AM »

I'm new :)!(obviously) I am very happy to be here, and I hope to make a lot of new friends. I am very shy, but it's something that i hope to overcome. I have a very open mind and much to learn! As I am very new, there is a lot I am still in the process of learning. By new I mean new to Wicca and also to the concept of forums. Any tips and much kindness would be greatly appreciated  :). Also, if anyone has any books that would be helpful in these beginnings of my spiritual journey, I would love to know their titles and authors so I can look them up.  :)

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
Re: Hello Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 10:47:01 AM »

Welocome to TCC :)

You can find a couple of suggested book threads in the Wicca Q & A forum.  Happy reading...
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 11:45:55 AM »

G'Day. I'm Eartha.

Lots of the questions you might think of asking are on this board I've linked below, from previous new members.

That board also has some quite extensive ideas for reading on it. The rules about posting and what are and are not acceptable topics for discussion (spell sharing for example is verboten. Don't ask and no one will yell at you)

And it has a handy little a guide on the mechanics of using the forum...the Search Function etc. since you said you're new to forums, all the icons and options can be a bit over whelming. Ypu'd be well served to read that before trying to post too much.

http://wicca.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0

I'm not a Wiccan so I can't help you with anything much there. I am quite good at useless esoteric trivia though.And I have flawless taste in music. 

Serp calls me the Forum Pet Troll(up). Pretty much sums it up really.

I'm not usually this nice either. You caught me in a moment of weakness and disarmed me somewhat with your unaccustomed show of politeness and hint of vulnerability.

eta:
The first 8 threads are the most relevant to your needs just now, probably. Practical advice and a few ground rules. Reading through them ought to give you an idea of the general tenor of the board and the various personalities and interests/expertise of many regulars.

Have fun.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 11:52:22 AM by Scorched Eartha »
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 01:25:56 PM »

Greetings

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 04:48:13 PM »

I am impressed SE  ;D

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 06:11:00 AM »

Well meet , enjoy your journey.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 07:48:25 AM »

Welcome Curiousowl.  Enjoy your journey.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 11:44:40 AM »

I am impressed SE  ;D

Are you?

I'm not.

I'm gettin' too old for this game, obviously. Had to happen. I shall be 40 in September. I see the physical signs of course. The battle with gravity. My inexorable foe winning more ground daily; stealthily. Steadily. My arse droops lower each week. Fractionally, but I know. I can see it. Feel it.

The boobs - well they need a sheepdog bra these days - round em up and point 'em in the right direction.

And now this. The final cruel indignity.

I've.....Lost me edge. I **sobs** am mellowing.

:'(
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 11:46:20 AM by Scorched Eartha »
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 01:48:34 PM »

I am impressed SE  ;D

Are you?

I'm not.

I'm gettin' too old for this game, obviously. Had to happen. I shall be 40 in September. I see the physical signs of course. The battle with gravity. My inexorable foe winning more ground daily; stealthily. Steadily. My arse droops lower each week. Fractionally, but I know. I can see it. Feel it.

The boobs - well they need a sheepdog bra these days - round em up and point 'em in the right direction.

Heya girlie... whatcha gonna do when you pass 60?  You're still a sprout, kid... ;)  enjoy it while you can...
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 01:53:32 PM »

I am impressed SE  ;D

Are you?

I'm not.

Heya girlie... whatcha gonna do when you pass 60?  You're still a sprout, kid... ;)  enjoy it while you can...

No. Past my prime. No man will want me. I s'pect I shall grow old alone and pine away some place solitary and squalid. Knitting.

Hats prolly - that no one wishes to wear. And tea cosies that never quite fit the pots they're bound for.

**Note to Self: Must learn how to knit **

Aunt Thora

• Cypress
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 01:55:23 PM »

I remember waking up 20 years ago and looking in the mirror  and saying "Oh, shit!!!! what happen!!! and it has been going down hill ever since.  yep, the butt end will start to drag.  I will just let the rest be a surprise for you  :o

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 02:23:53 PM »

SE, be a freak in the sack.  Demand handcuffs, Crisco, rubber sheets and a cattle prod and you will have plenty of takers.  :-p

Eta:  Maybe i should ban myself after that post.  ;D

eta2:  I have someone who paints my toenails for me but I am a real freak...  ;)  still considering a belly button piercing...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 02:30:06 PM by Earthbound Spirit »

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 02:46:41 PM »

SE, be a freak in the sack.  Demand handcuffs, Crisco, rubber sheets and a cattle prod and you will have plenty of takers.  :-p

Eta:  Maybe i should ban myself after that post.  ;D

eta2:  I have someone who paints my toenails for me but I am a real freak...  ;)  still considering a belly button piercing...

I can't help feeling that my constant trollish presence here has lowered the tone of the entire board.... and I am happy to have been able to do that for you all.

ROFLMFAO!!

« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 02:47:26 PM by Scorched Eartha »

naturalpaganmomma

• Holly
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 10:40:20 PM »

Hi curiousowl. I'm new too. This is a great forum. After you read through the rules for the forum, start going through the other threads. I have found so many topics to learn about that I had never heard of before. I'm not Wiccan, nor can I say that is where I will end up. I'm keeping my spiritual path open, but so far I am being pulled strongly by Celtic Polytheism. I hope you find the same deep level of satisfaction in your studying that I am finding in mine.

Blessings.  :)

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2012, 07:19:10 AM »

Hello and welcome :)
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain
Pages: [1]   Go Up