Welcome, Guest
July 17, 2019, 02:25:18 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: returning member from years ago...  (Read 6056 times)

auntygreens

• Willow
returning member from years ago...
« on: August 05, 2012, 07:47:20 AM »

Brightest salutations.

I was a member here many years ago, before TCC crashed in 2004? 2006?  I can't remember.

Anyway, it is wonderful to see familiar names here.  almost like coming home.

I am auntygreens.  I am into cats, quilting, reading, counted cross stitch and am just getting into hydroponics.  As far as pagan aspects, well... I think spiritualist describes it best.

Its nice to reconnect here, in the place I started on the internet in 2002.  I will not be on much, perhaps once every couple of weeks or once a month.  So if you don't see me back in a little while, please don't be upset.  I wish to absorb and rekindle.  And maybe give back a little good natured teasing.

Have some cocoa.

See you around!
To give love, one must acknowledge, accept, validate, and share. But most important of all of these is to reassure, as it removes doubt, fear, and hurts well beyond any other Healing in this World.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
Re: returning member from years ago...
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 07:59:24 AM »

Welcome back auntygreens :)
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 09:30:21 AM »

Hello and welcome (back?), auntygreens!

Might I inquire as to where you've been since you left? :D
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 09:47:41 AM »

Welcome back Auntygreens.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 08:30:36 AM by Arnemetia »
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 12:24:55 PM »

Hello auntygreens.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 12:33:27 PM »

Ag,

FYI, the board crash you spoke about happened in 2003.  I joined fairly soon after it finally got back online.  They were still talking about it when I first joined.  I for one am very happy to see you return.  It's always nice to meet someone who knew Herne.  He unfortuanely had passed before I got the chance to meet him. 
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

auntygreens

• Willow
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 09:10:56 PM »

Unfortunately, I did not get to meet him either.  He was not on very much when I was here last.  But I remember reading through Herne's ramblings.  And many posts.  I think, somewhere in one of my hard drives, I have one of the original celtic candles that was a background.  I think it was Willow that sent it to me.  hmm.  I will have to go look for that.

But, yes, Earthbound Spirit.  I recognize your name.  And Firesong.  I think... Marisol, too.  I went by just "greens" at that point.  I had forgotten that until after I signed up.  But, I have been one version of greens or aunty greens ever since, so I am content.  Seeing names I recognize brought me some peace.  And some smiles.  And seeing some of the posts, please forgive me and take it in the light this is intended, but it is like the crash didn't happen, some of the same conversations that went on then are so similar now, it was very much like walking through an old neighborhood I used to live in.  Thank you for giving me the year reference.  It was driving me a little batty, not being able to remember clearly.  This board, though... I looks different from the one I remember coming back to TCC.  Much different formatting.  But still nice to return.

Lucifer,

When TCC crashed, both Bear and I had message boards.  We invited as many of the TCC people to join us as we had contact with, just like I am sure others did as well.  I was originally at Akheva.com.  I bought my own site, greensgrove, and it ran successfully for a while. A handful of years, actually.  And then, like all sites without enough people, it slowed to the point where I shut it down.  It still exists.  But it is closed.  I had thought of opening it again, many times.  There were some very beautiful people that were there for a long time.  And then, well, disagreements happen and heads and hearts get hurt and close off.  I made many friends.  But again, people drift and feelings get hurt.  I was not sure that I wanted to open that part of me again.

About the same time, my faith broke.  And broke hard, along with my heart from a deer friend.  I turned away from everything, completely.  It has been, oh... about 4 years.  It is time to pick it back up again- both my faith and contact with other spiritualists or alternate faiths.  My heart is mending after some pretty hellacious experiences without my beliefs to guide me through.  I decided to come here, where it all began online for me, ten years ago, and see where the journey takes me this time.  I will see, if, perhaps, I can handle contact with outside people again.  And maybe, maybe, re-open the grove and remain here, as well.  Perhaps not. But well worth finding out.

I hope that is not too sad of an explanation for a friendly inquiry. 

Right now, I am sitting in the living room, surrounded by my cats.  It is midnight, and an awesome thunderstorm has just made its first pass through.  (Upstate NY, Fingerlakes Region, if anyone is interested.)  I expect that there will be another sky cleansing in a couple of hours.  We have had a drought here this season.  Most everyone's yards and plants are dead and brown.  I am happy, though.  Despite having planted an entire yard full of seed, very little grew.  I watered enough to save my precious blackberries, three salad plants are growing, and my morning glories have a handful of buds that are finally peaking open for the day.  Such hope in such desolation.  I am seeing my yard slowly come alive again.  Just like me.
To give love, one must acknowledge, accept, validate, and share. But most important of all of these is to reassure, as it removes doubt, fear, and hurts well beyond any other Healing in this World.

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 09:28:21 PM »

The journey won't always be a happy or smooth one, but it's good to see that you're back on track and back in good company.

I wish upon you continued prosperity!

Blessed Be
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 09:37:45 PM »

AG I have a very strong feeling that things will be better for you now. You have come home and
we need you.

Goddess bless
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 12:18:57 AM »

I hope you keep popping in. Don't let the trolls put you off. They're never around long -  they have the attention spans of 3 year olds.
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

naturalpaganmomma

• Holly
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 06:04:06 AM »

Hello auntygreens. It's always good to go back to something familiar after a long, hard life trek. I'm new, but please allow me to say, welcome home.  :)

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 12:15:32 PM »

Brightest salutations.

I was a member here many years ago, before TCC crashed in 2004? 2006?  I can't remember.

Anyway, it is wonderful to see familiar names here.  almost like coming home.

I am auntygreens.  I am into cats, quilting, reading, counted cross stitch and am just getting into hydroponics.  As far as pagan aspects, well... I think spiritualist describes it best.

Its nice to reconnect here, in the place I started on the internet in 2002.  I will not be on much, perhaps once every couple of weeks or once a month.  So if you don't see me back in a little while, please don't be upset.  I wish to absorb and rekindle.  And maybe give back a little good natured teasing.

Have some cocoa.

See you around!

I was a member of greensgrove.  As I remember there was a bit of a melt down, over what, I don't recall.  How's frog prince?

I came over here shortly afterwards, and have been here ever since... in any case, warm welcome...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 12:22:44 PM by Firesong »
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 12:39:07 PM »

Greetings and very well met AuntyGreens,

Its always a blessing when one who has been away returns, especially when that one has been so obviously appreciated before. I am new to TCC but I also would extend my welcome to you.

It would seem you have had a rough time of things, and the fact that you have come out the other end only serves to make you a stronger person, and hopefully the strength and joy you receive from your chosen path will exceed what it was before. There are those here who knew you in the past and I'm sure they, along with many (if not all) others here offer their blessings and positive energies your way.

Blessed Be
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

auntygreens

• Willow
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 08:34:14 PM »

thank you.

and firesong, yes... i remember now.  you were there.

frog prince and i had split up for a couple of years.  we are back together now, tho we do not live in the same house.  he is good.  taking over his father's company in western ny this fall.  i chose to remain in cny.  he is here now, on a visit, and is pleased that you remember him.

the melt down.  heavy times.  misunderstandings taken the wrong way.  one lead to another and things got very out of hand.  it is hard to bridge the gap between people who can no longer hear each other and still continue to put you in the middle.  but, such is life.  i do not own any more than my own faults in that any longer.  but, that is neither here nor there, and is best left in the past where it belongs.  the only remnants i keep are the painting we bought from psyche and the afghan that animal's wife made for me.  the rest, I said goodbye to when i let go of my friend deer.

apaturairis moved up here, in the other side of the duplex my mother bought.  she passed on, about a year ago, after a three year battle with cancer.  my mother; not apaturairis, i mean.  apaturairis and i have been patching up our relationship ever since i left work to take care of mom.  it is nice, to finally have a sister that is a sister.  we are both learning to not be so stubborn.  i still have trouble over someone helping me out by making dinner for me, when i was so used to doing that for others.  i left the grove in place partially for her, so that she could go back and visit and look at all the awful jokes she used to tell.

frogprince has just bought a house out in buffalo.  he is so excited that he finally has a place to put all his legos.

we currently have a new pet mouse.  one of our cats caught it and didn't quite know what to do with it.  all of our pets are indoors.  we believe that you are responsible for your furry/scaly family members.  we have her in a tank, since her leg while not broken, is severely bruised.  after an x-ray, the vet says mouse will be good as new in a month and can be released back into the wild.

i think we have lost about ten cats in the past four years.  i have lost count.  so sad but also fulfilling.  we have done a lot of kitty hospice for severely abused animals, working with our vet, giving their final months comfort and as much happiness as we can.  it never starts OUT as hospice.  so, the vet gave mouse a free xray, since he knows how much do for those most would not. 

one of the things that we were able to do was rescue a family of 1 momma and 3 babies.  Momma, named Lilith right now, as she is the Mother of all Monsters, had a 106 fever and was blind, unable to care for her little ones.  when i caught them, the kittens were only 5 weeks old.  All were sick with respiratory and one's eyes had sealed shut.  None were expected to live.  That was almost three years ago.  The kittens I have named Mishap, Mayhem and Trouble.  And I had no idea how accurately I named those three.  they keep my eldest cats... active.  and startled.

and you, firesong?  how have you been? 

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 01:15:37 PM »

thank you.

and firesong, yes... i remember now.  you were there.

frog prince and i had split up for a couple of years.  we are back together now, tho we do not live in the same house.  he is good.  taking over his father's company in western ny this fall.  i chose to remain in cny.  he is here now, on a visit, and is pleased that you remember him.

the melt down.  heavy times.  misunderstandings taken the wrong way.  one lead to another and things got very out of hand.  it is hard to bridge the gap between people who can no longer hear each other and still continue to put you in the middle.  but, such is life.  i do not own any more than my own faults in that any longer.  but, that is neither here nor there, and is best left in the past where it belongs.  the only remnants i keep are the painting we bought from psyche and the afghan that animal's wife made for me.  the rest, I said goodbye to when i let go of my friend deer.

apaturairis moved up here, in the other side of the duplex my mother bought.  she passed on, about a year ago, after a three year battle with cancer.  my mother; not apaturairis, i mean.  apaturairis and i have been patching up our relationship ever since i left work to take care of mom.  it is nice, to finally have a sister that is a sister.  we are both learning to not be so stubborn.  i still have trouble over someone helping me out by making dinner for me, when i was so used to doing that for others.  i left the grove in place partially for her, so that she could go back and visit and look at all the awful jokes she used to tell.

frogprince has just bought a house out in buffalo.  he is so excited that he finally has a place to put all his legos.

we currently have a new pet mouse.  one of our cats caught it and didn't quite know what to do with it.  all of our pets are indoors.  we believe that you are responsible for your furry/scaly family members.  we have her in a tank, since her leg while not broken, is severely bruised.  after an x-ray, the vet says mouse will be good as new in a month and can be released back into the wild.

i think we have lost about ten cats in the past four years.  i have lost count.  so sad but also fulfilling.  we have done a lot of kitty hospice for severely abused animals, working with our vet, giving their final months comfort and as much happiness as we can.  it never starts OUT as hospice.  so, the vet gave mouse a free xray, since he knows how much do for those most would not. 

one of the things that we were able to do was rescue a family of 1 momma and 3 babies.  Momma, named Lilith right now, as she is the Mother of all Monsters, had a 106 fever and was blind, unable to care for her little ones.  when i caught them, the kittens were only 5 weeks old.  All were sick with respiratory and one's eyes had sealed shut.  None were expected to live.  That was almost three years ago.  The kittens I have named Mishap, Mayhem and Trouble.  And I had no idea how accurately I named those three.  they keep my eldest cats... active.  and startled.

and you, firesong?  how have you been?

All I can say is "wow...".  Has it really been that long... amazing.  I understand about meltdowns... we haven't been immune to them here.  I'm glad you made peace with all of the issues and put them behind you as is right and reasonable.

My wife and I are kitty people as well... we have four... all rescues.  The oldest is Venom, a tortie female that my daughter brought home when she moved back in; the next oldest is Riddick, a mackeral tabby male, big cat but a real sweetheart; next is our little demon cat, Annie. 

My band was playing a pig roast, and we kept hearing a mewing sound.  It was coming from a 3-day old grey and white kitten that had been abandoned by her feral mother.  I took her home and we fed her ever two hours around the clock for several weeks, until her eyes opened.  She can be soooo sweet, or she can take a chunk of flesh & blood, her choice... but we love her anyway.  Lastly we have a 1-year-old black cat, named Rocky, who is another sweetie... I love having he cats on the bed at night...

We also have a conure; cross between a Sun Conure and a Genday Conure... called a Sunday Conure... she has a lot of personality and will probably outlive us all...lol

I few years ago, I opened a business, and then went about a half million in the hole and had to declare bankruptcy, which we're finally climbing out of now.  A lot of physical ailments; my wife and I BOTH  have two titanium hips.  My daughter has systemic lupus, and migraines; both she and the wife are completely disabled.  Life can be tough, but I don't think it was ever meant to be easy... ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances I guess.

It's really great to hear from you...

Blessings!

"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up