Welcome, Guest
May 22, 2019, 11:37:21 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: returning member from years ago...  (Read 5791 times)

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Re: returning member from years ago...
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2012, 12:55:30 PM »

Welcome home , hope you stay for a long time.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Drysylla

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2012, 03:03:25 PM »

I too, am a returning member from before the "crash".  It has taken me longer than the accepted year to get with the program(lol).  I've started off with Kardia's lessons & will broaden the search with all the extra reading that I can get my hands on.  I have a houseful of cats, 8 to be exact, all rescues, all spoilt rotten!! and one pug that can make me smile when no one else will do.  I have alot of catching up to do and this is the place to get it done,  Thanks for being here and for all the future help!

auntygreens

• Willow
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2012, 03:17:14 PM »

i do apologize for not getting back to this.  if you have seen my other thread, well, then, i guess you know where my mind got lost to!

firesong,

the meltdown was inevitable.  and not within my control.  one of the reasons i walked away from the website is that... well, i became bogged down in people cramming their heads up my butt.  too many pm's about who said what on which site, away from my knowledge.  only a couple of people understood that i really didn't care.  someone who cares enough to get to know me, well, then they are worth knowing.  i WANTED that nonsense to happen out of eyesight.  i knew it would happen.  it does everywhere, with every site i have ever seen.  if someone is going to break my trust, then they are going to do it.  worrying about it isn't going to stop anything and only cause me more grief and strain.

the think tank i was trying to create became something to squabble over.  as well as my attention.  i am not knocking this place in the slightest.  i can certainly understand why no spells and such.  but i allowed it on the grove.  i wanted people to have a resource.  and a healthy place to discuss such actions and activities before they got themselves into trouble.  the whole mess really began over some petty nonsense about a purse charm and went from there.

my faith dictates one of the following actions: 1- heal it, 2- kill it, 3- pass it on to someone who can do something about it.  so when the friends started bickering and turning to me... bleh... after awhile, i did not handle it very... passively... anymore.  that is the part i own.  i got so sick of hearing, "well, in greens's name, i will defend her and her reputation."  MY rep wasn't in question, thank you.  it bled over on to other sites and people just went bananas.  i started restrictions on pm's because of it, and then would up spending a couple of hours every night editing posts and putting things into private forums where i hoped that the parties involved would calm down enough to talk out their differences.  i got quite the eye opener.

so, when i walked away from my faith, i walked away from the site, too, and stopped inching it along.  i kept the tenants of my belief system intact.  but stopped rits and prayers.  except for cleansing candle rits.  and even then, only the barest of needs.

the meltdown was not in my control to stop.  so, i was able to let it go.  it didn't belong to me really, when you think about it.  just another emotion storm roiling around the web from people who are damaged and don't have a healthy outlet for feeling helpless.

i am so sorry for your loss.  it is quite the heartache when something you love and put your heart and soul into dies, whether a person or a business.

and bless you for taken in those strays! 

my cats... well, pets.  i have a reptile as well, but she thinks she is a cat, so... i think you see my point.  I have fourteen cats now.  I think.  not including the reptile.  we nearly lost four this summer, and did lose one of the four.  so, early last year, we had 18?  something like that.  these are cats that have been thrown away as lost causes.  most that survive their medical treatment wind up living for many, many years.   the exception to that were shroom and tang.  shroom should have been a 15 pound long hair grey tabby.  someone starved her until she weighed only 3 pounds.  we had her for about a year before it became obvious that she was in slow organ failure.  tang was an outdoor alley cat.  he had severe frost bite and rotten teeth.  and older.  it is so hard to find homes for older cats.  tang had brain tumors.  so, hospice for them both.  most that we can save, they live with us for years, many of them making it to the ripe old age of 18-22.  some never quite get over what was done to them.  i miss having a dog.  but, some of these beasties were victims of dog training, so... we just don't want to take the chance on having a dog abused in our home.  well over half of the ones that are left are over the age of 15.

so, good on you, too drysylla.  there is something peaceful about making up for the damage other people have done, either through neglect or abuse.

what sort of band do you have, firesong?  i used to play several instruments, but have slowly let go of them over the years.  i have more passion for listening that creating.

and lucifer... are you a therapist?  i have wondered, with some of the posts i have read.

*sits down next to a fire pit.  gets a small blaze going.*

here, have some marshmellows and cocoa.  let me get to know you all again.
To give love, one must acknowledge, accept, validate, and share. But most important of all of these is to reassure, as it removes doubt, fear, and hurts well beyond any other Healing in this World.

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2012, 03:39:17 PM »

(((((((auntygreens))))))

I loved the grove; hated to leave, but it brought me here, and here I've stayed... glad you're with us... for some reason it gives me a sense coming full circle.
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

auntygreens

• Willow
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2012, 06:04:40 PM »

well.  i certainly wasn't expecting a huge hug!  thank you.

if you are happy, then i am content, firesong.  if the grove brought you here, then the site did its job and all the rituals i caste into the place did theirs.  the intent was to create a safe place and help people along their path.  not confine them to my place or my way of thinking.  if the grove alleviated any suffering, which, despite the meltdown, i know it did, then i have served my purpose.  and, if you wish, at any point, to revisit the old place, let me know and i will unlock it for you.  everything is still there.  all the memories, good and bad.  all the jokes and apaturairis's puns.  all the campfires and wishes of good will.  all the stories and poems.  i didn't delete much except the worst of the bad.  i walk through it, sometimes.

and i have finally come back to a place of peace inside.  my own forum, especially.  i see the snow covered trees in my back drop, and i have this cozy, warm cabin in the winter feeling spread all across me.  there is much of my personal sadness there, where i have written it down over the years.  worked through my grief and depression.  i can read through past memories and say- aha! i knew i wrote that for a reason.  i have a pattern now and i can do something about it.  or, hey- forgot about that aspect and i wish to reincorporate it back into my life.  rituals that may not mean anything to me now, i can see where i was thinking with it.  my own observations of life and its meanings and intricacies.  not quite a BOS.  but something more personal.  it is a place of fondness instead of anguish.

and this is why i returned here.  there is a sense of peace, here, too.  where i began.  where i begin again.  and see if this time around, i can find happiness, instead of fulfillment of duty.  faith should bring a sense of joy.  the action of participating in your calling should be uplifting.  not a noose around your neck.  i feel the call of the grove.  and it brought me back here.
To give love, one must acknowledge, accept, validate, and share. But most important of all of these is to reassure, as it removes doubt, fear, and hurts well beyond any other Healing in this World.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2012, 06:34:40 PM »

Intensely heartfelt , thank you for sharing with us . Can't wait to know you better.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

auntygreens

• Willow
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2012, 06:38:18 PM »

you, too, oldghost.  here.  have a marshmellow, if you will...

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2012, 07:56:04 PM »

Thank you so much , I think I'll make a Smorr  will share  :) .

auntygreens

• Willow
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2012, 08:26:45 PM »

yes!  melted chocolate and marshmellow goo.  awesome combo.  hmmm... now i want a hershey with almonds bar.  tho, it is late here, 11:20 pm.  i wonder if there are any chocolate chips left.

i am such a chocoholic at times.

here is my recipe for hot cocoa:
1- take a flat edged pot.  meaning straight edges.  not curved and not teflon.  an ordinary sauce pan.
2- get out the mug you will be drinking out of.  pour in milk to measure and put that in the pan.
3- set pan on stove.  do NOT turn on heat yet.
4- add in chocolate sauce (not powder).  i also use the mug to measure this- cover thw bottom and approximately 1/8 to 1/6 of the dpeth of the mug.  add this to the pan.
5- turn pan on low setting.
6- add in a dash of liquid vanilla.
7- add in a pinch of brown sugar.
8- use a wire whip to gently stroke ingredients together.
9- add in a pinch of cinnamon.
10- continue to heat on low, stirring every once in a bit to prevent scalding.
11- fill bottom of mug with whipped cream.
12- once hot, pour liquid gold into mug, over whipped cream.
13- add a second dash of cinnamon over the mug.

Enjoy...

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2012, 09:08:45 PM »

Sounds wonderful , but not a big fan of cinnamom  can I substitue nutmag . Are you using dark or light brown sugar ?.

auntygreens

• Willow
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2012, 09:10:36 PM »

i use light.  the dark can get a little cloying.  and definitely doable on the nutmeg.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2012, 09:59:28 PM »

Thanks I will try it.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2012, 10:49:03 PM »

ag, thanks for the recipe.   I can't wait to try it.   :)
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Old Stoneface

• Cypress
  • "I don't wanna be nice..." - John Cooper Clarke
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2012, 09:40:42 AM »

Hello Aunty. I remember you from years ago with a kind of warm fuzziness. Welcome back.

May I have some of that cocoa? And would you mind if I add a slug of dark rum? My cockles could do with a little warming right now.

BTW, when you posted about the flowers in your garden, my mind read the words "mournful glory". Not sure what that says about me...
"I don't believe we can move on spiritually until we rid ourselves of religion." - Stonefather III

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2012, 10:09:02 AM »

As strange as it may sound, a pinch or two of cayenne pepper is wonderful in hot cocoa!
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up