Welcome, Guest
July 17, 2019, 02:24:02 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: returning member from years ago...  (Read 6055 times)

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
Re: returning member from years ago...
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2012, 10:43:09 AM »

As strange as it may sound, a pinch or two of cayenne pepper is wonderful in hot cocoa!

That sounds interesting, gotta try it. Thanx FS  :)
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2012, 10:49:37 AM »

i am such a chocoholic at times.

here is my recipe for hot cocoa:
1- take a flat edged pot.  meaning straight edges.  not curved and not teflon.  an ordinary sauce pan.
2- get out the mug you will be drinking out of.  pour in milk to measure and put that in the pan.
3- set pan on stove.  do NOT turn on heat yet.
4- add in chocolate sauce (not powder).  i also use the mug to measure this- cover thw bottom and approximately 1/8 to 1/6 of the dpeth of the mug.  add this to the pan.
5- turn pan on low setting.
6- add in a dash of liquid vanilla.
7- add in a pinch of brown sugar.
8- use a wire whip to gently stroke ingredients together.
9- add in a pinch of cinnamon.
10- continue to heat on low, stirring every once in a bit to prevent scalding.
11- fill bottom of mug with whipped cream.
12- once hot, pour liquid gold into mug, over whipped cream.
13- add a second dash of cinnamon over the mug.

Enjoy...

Just thought I would post this on this page in case anyone misses it. Hee Hee Hee  :D

Looks nice, thanx AG  :)
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

auntygreens

• Willow
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2012, 08:18:30 PM »

you may absolutely can have some cocoa, old stoneface.

i came up with the recipe in college to go with my triple chocolate deep forest brownies.  complete with chocolate whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and sprinkles on top of the brownies.  the brownies are an old family recipe that my g-gma would spin out of her grave if i gave it out.  5th generation.  but you can similate it by making fudgier brownies with chocolate chips in the batter, and covering them with chocolate buttercream frosting.  then add the choc. whipped cream, sauce, and sprinkles.

yah.  chocoholic here.  and sims addict.  also love the lindt chocolate and pear bars.  i have had the chili pepper ones too.  they have a sweet slight kick to them.  sighs.

"mournful glories" really does make sense, old stoneface.  i planted them to grow up our front porch, after stringing nets across the street face of the porch.  i own a duplex and the stairs are in the middle of the porch, with two pillars at the corner and two pillars where the stair connect to the porch.  when mom passed, i tied two large black ribbons, one on each of the pillars by the stairs.  the morning glories were a flower that both mom and i loved the look of.  now, i have 12 strands of vines that have reached the ribbon height and there are 6 purple trumpets peaking out.'

i haven't taken the ribbons down yet, even tho it has been a year.  mostly because we have had wolf spiders move into both of them and i am arachnaphobic.

last night, i spent time mixing new top soil into the sidewalk edge of my front yard, in an attempt to keep the super fine soil from washing away with the rain again.  my fight with the moss in the front yard is legendary.  i gave up after 5 years and have decided to rip out the grass and moss, instead of trying to control it.  i have decided to plant a garden in the front yard both to improve the soil and get rid of insects, as well as to get some exersize.  every halloween, (not samhain that is something separate for me) i turn the front yard into an old-fashioned graveyard, to go with the real one that is my back yard neighbor.  i even take dead branches and make them into a tree.  so, with the new landscaping in the front yard, i have taken bricks and made little planter boxes that will simulate grave markings in the fall, once i "plant" the headstones.  this year, apaturairis and i will be making a psuedo coffin corner to "poke" out of the yard.  i just wish something would grow before fall starts to set in, so that i don't have to put slate all over the torn up dirt.

*stirs up the fire pit*

i felt at peace, once i had my hands in the dirt.
To give love, one must acknowledge, accept, validate, and share. But most important of all of these is to reassure, as it removes doubt, fear, and hurts well beyond any other Healing in this World.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2012, 08:25:48 PM »

If you mulch that garden with Lucerne hay it will reduce water needs, improve the soil quality and be a great barrier against erosion.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 08:26:21 PM by Scorched Eartha »
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2012, 12:33:49 PM »

AG I love working in a garden too. It soothes the soul, and makes for a happier day.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

auntygreens

• Willow
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2012, 11:00:10 AM »

i had some time to take a pic of the front yard...

]

not much it taking.  but its better than what it was.  in another month, this will turn into a spooky halloween graveyard.  specially with those bricks lining my flower beds turning into grave markers.

i got some mulchy moisture control stuff to put in.  what plants you see in the foreground are basil and sweet william lettuce.  and some pretty stubborn sumac.  seems the moss i want to get rid of was keeping it at bay.  on the right side of the house, just in front of the lattice, are my transplanted blackberries that somehow survived.  (yeah!).  i spoke to my uncle, who is an organic gardener.  he said that my soil is lacking lime and calcium, and that i need to add it slowly so i do not shock the ground.

he also recommended (thank you, Scorched Eartha) that i mix in loamy type debris, such as needles and hay bits.  it will continue to give the good drainage i have, prevent the moss from taking over again, and give the sandy soil something to cling on to, so it does not continue to wash away.  in a couple of years, the organic matter, with the calcium and lime, will detract the nasty insects i have.  the good thing is that i am attracting earth worms and a couple of lady bugs.  yeah!
To give love, one must acknowledge, accept, validate, and share. But most important of all of these is to reassure, as it removes doubt, fear, and hurts well beyond any other Healing in this World.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2012, 11:26:54 AM »

What a pretty house!

You have a gabled attic. I am consumed with jealousy. I have always wanted a house with a gabled attic.
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2012, 04:09:05 PM »

You must post pics after you get it all fixed up for Samhain AG . Oh by the way your not going to get dress up like a WITCH are you . :) :o .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

auntygreens

• Willow
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2012, 05:00:21 PM »

ah... no.  not a witch.  specially since i believes in naked rits... so... too cold to be that showy with my neighbors.  i do have other costumes.  but don't think frog prince would appreciate me wearing those outside, either.  i wear a thick sweatshirt and heavy jeans.  we get about 150-200 kids for trick or treat in a medium-heavy year, where i currently live, and we are considered a "slow" street.  my last house, every other year was about 30, then the next, 400-500.

i don't know where my pics of the front yard went.  but i will take some in october.  its pretty cool.  i am so hoping that the glow in the dark zombie hands come out this time.  i have this cool shrunken head that i hang off a fake dead tree.  i think we will have snow this year.  so, i am also hoping that the coffin corner we make will withstand the cold and moisture.

Yes, the attic is gabled on three sides.  it is very pretty up there.  once i start clearing it up, i am hoping to move an old beat up chair and motheaten rug in, and make it a library.  beautiful breeze in the summer time, though it is hot.  its all red hued wood.  and we have american chestnut throughout the house itself.  there are a lot of aspects of the house that i like and appreciate, even tho it isn't my dream home and there are some storage/room layout issues.  in the winter, i have these beautiful curtains that are beige and thermal lined.  the whole house lights up with the sunlight from them and i don't need to turn on lights during the daytime.

my backyard is a cliff face, and there was a tenant who rented from the previous owner that was a landscape designer.  so we have all sorts of rocks and pink marble pieces.  i am hoping to restore some of the rock garden to its former glory in a couple of years.

what kind of house do you live in, Scorched Eartha?

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2012, 05:38:26 PM »

Okay , can I come over and get candy from you when your skyclad :o :o :o :o .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

auntygreens

• Willow
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2012, 05:43:01 PM »

only if you bring a knife with you....  winks.  and not for threatening me with.  LOL

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2012, 06:16:02 PM »

what kind of house do you live in, Scorched Eartha?

Oh the house is an uninspiring single storey box with an iron roof and no architectural features worth mentioning. It's a post war austerity build thing. Plain as a pike staff

But the garden is 780 square metres of rainforest. Home to birds, lizards, a breeding pair of nightjars, 6 different kinds of frog and a resident possum. So you know...it's delightful.

Houses aren't forever, but that garden is a haven from the concrete jungle for a lot of creatures who would otherwise be homeless. And I am keeping them all safe for the old lady who sold it to me.

I promised her I would.

auntygreens

• Willow
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2012, 06:37:05 PM »

sounds wonderful.

at the old house, we had a small orchard out back.  it was an oversized lot, with a huge backyard, but only 36 feet of street frontage.  we had 4 neighbors connected to the lot.  one on the left, one in back, and two on the right.  (1 house in from the corner).  we often had what mom called her 4 footed birds eating out of the birdfeeder (deer) and lots of different animals.  the orchard was eight trees and about a 30x15 patch of blackberries.

your garden sounds lovely.  i am so glad you are keeping it.  and the animals safe.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2012, 06:49:34 PM »

Oh goody goody we can play drees up AG .

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2012, 06:52:55 PM »

SE , now I'm jealous , have not heard a frog in decades and you have six different type  :( , I want some frogs :'( . How close are you to your nearest neighbor ?.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up