Welcome, Guest
May 22, 2019, 11:37:18 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello there. :)  (Read 4509 times)

WhiteRaven

• Hawthorn
  • Magick Is Everywhere, Never doubt it.
Hello there. :)
« on: September 04, 2012, 06:33:37 AM »

Hello, my names Raven! (Actual name is Brittany but I prefer to be called Raven.) I am from Kentucky and live in the middle of the woods with my four dogs, two cats, and a large array of other animals that sneak into the yard, which includes all kinds of birds and rabbits, deer, turkey, etc. You name it. We probably have it!

I have just started learning Wicca so I am not well known to it yet, but, I have a connection with nature and animals that I think is pretty strong. I would not know what to do if I lived in a city... Too much smog, not enough fresh air, trees, and animals. Moreover, I guess I like the fact there is a spring behind my house along with a creek, clearing, hills, and a river if you walk a few miles back. And caves. I love exploring the area in the winter, I don't in the spring and summer months due to hunters and ticks/fleas/mosquitoes... (I am not much of a bug person even though I love nature... But I'm trying to love them too.)

I'm currently working on creating my own journal to keep stuff in such as information on herbs, plants, and many other things. Since I'm making it myself its probably going to take me a while just to get the paper and the leather cover done. Other than that, I love cooking and crafts. I soon plan on making my own tonics, soaps, candles, and anything else I can make!

I'm Native American mostly, along with a dash of Irish and English. I love Native American everything and love the Celtic and Gaelic stuff as well. :)

I'll stop the introduction now because if I continue to type I'll never stop! Thank you for reading. :D

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
Re: Hello there. :)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 07:42:02 AM »

Greetings and well met WhiteRaven,

Welcome to the mayhem that is within our hallowed walls Mwahahahaha ;D

There is plenty here for you to ponder on your journey, feel free to peruse the pages of our site and drink in what knowledge is there for you. Many of your questions will already be here somewhere and you are encouraged to read, read, read. If something escapes you, you are welcome to ask and I'm sure some here will be able to help.

Enjoy your stay amongst us
Blessed Be.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 08:26:10 AM »

Hello and Welcome, WhiteRaven!
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 09:47:17 AM »

Welcome WhiteRaven If you have any questions ask away. It's nice to meet another somewhat
Native American. lol
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

WhiteRaven

• Hawthorn
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 10:30:00 AM »

Thank you Cypress I will read through a ton of threads on here!

So you are also Native American Hazel? My dads side is Shawnee and my moms Cherokee. So I'm also a mixed Native American.

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 10:31:23 AM »

Thank you Cypress I will read through a ton of threads on here!

So you are also Native American Hazel? My dads side is Shawnee and my moms Cherokee. So I'm also a mixed Native American.
You're refering to us by our postcounts. I am "lucifer", hazel is "marisol" and by that standard, you are currently Alder (You want the name above the one that you're reading)
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 12:40:30 PM »

Nice to meet you WhiteRaven , so sorry to here that you have English in you being Irish and also Native American  I have a deep .....................'

Later hope your journey brings you to a place where you should be , we are all one with nature and this world is where we live , are mother we must care for her .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

WhiteRaven

• Hawthorn
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 12:41:24 PM »

Oh I didn't know that! Thank you. I feel silly now. Well I've already learned one thing lol. I'm going to go read sticky threads now. :)

WhiteRaven

• Hawthorn
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 12:44:52 PM »

I have just a small trace of English oldghost. I don't usually even count it really. I prefer for it not to be there. Thankfully I think the Irish and the Native American really makes it vanish. :)

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 04:42:09 PM »

Welcome WhiteRaven.  Enjoy your journey.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 05:01:15 PM »

Welcome aboard Raven :)
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

WhiteRaven

• Hawthorn
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 05:26:41 PM »

Thank you Arnemetia, Earthbound, and everyone else who has welcomed me! :) I feel at home already. Its nice to finally get to speak to people who I can talk to openly without worrying much.

Old Stoneface

• Cypress
  • "I don't wanna be nice..." - John Cooper Clarke
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2012, 06:28:46 AM »

I quite liked you WhiteRaven, until I realised you were racist. I'm not English myself, but that anti-English sentiment just stuck in my craw. oldghost; shame on you too.
"I don't believe we can move on spiritually until we rid ourselves of religion." - Stonefather III

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2012, 09:54:47 AM »

I quite liked you WhiteRaven, until I realised you were racist. I'm not English myself, but that anti-English sentiment just stuck in my craw. oldghost; shame on you too.
For those of us with Native American heritage, the fact that our ancestors were likely forced into relationships with people who didn't belong here in the first place can kind of strike a nerve. Also, if you consider that this land was once stewarded by our ancestors from coast to coast and now it's an industrial wasteland that -was created/is dominated- by those of European descent (yes... I also have European heritage) it's easy to understand some form of angst.

Racism would be saying "I hate the English" (and really, there may have been no explicit distinction from oldghost and WhiteRaven). What they're likely saying is that "I hate what the English historically did". No, I personally don't have any problem with any groups based on past history (what's done is done) but you can't expect everyone to be so forgiving as I am (I can't hate a part of myself for what it did to another part of myself or I'd be eaten from the inside out - also, I wouldn't exist if such attrocities had not occured).

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2012, 10:58:27 AM »

Its not my intention to add fuel to this particular potentially racial fire, but you will find that in most of the world English are not very appreciated anywhere (I didn't say hated BTW). I am Scottish and I call myself Scottish, I don't hate the English but I prefer to be a Scot. And although our fair land is part of the so-called British Isles, you will very rarely hear a Scotsman calling himself/herself British. Perhaps that's racial memory...LoL  ;D

However having said all that, if this goes on, we may have to change the name of this thread...  :-p
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up