Welcome, Guest
October 16, 2018, 01:20:51 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Reincarnation - How past lives affect our current life  (Read 14730 times)

naturalpaganmomma

• Holly
Re: Reincarnation - How past lives affect our current life
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2012, 06:24:55 PM »

I accept your premise that evil can become an entity in its own right, but for there to be balance does that mean that good is also an entity? and if so how then does it manifest itself?

I see that opposites create the balance, but can there truly be a neutral ground? a grey area as you say?

I shouldn't have said "gray area". That was my fault. I should have said "in between". But yes. If there are bad entities, then there would have to be good ones to maintain the balance. And yes. I do believe there is an "in between". Indifference is in between. For example, indifference can be good or bad. If a person is indifferent to another person being assaulted, and they do not do so much as call for help, the indifference could be classed as bad. If a person sees another person, who appears to be starving, steal a loaf of bread and says nothing, the indifference could be classed as good.

We, ourselves, as human beings are not completely good or bad. We are even or more one than the other. If we lean one way, there is surely someone else in the world who leans the other. Also, being a witch, I believe that we are part of the universe and the universe is part of us. We are part of the divine and the divine is part of us. We are all connected to each other and everything around us. Therefore, is it really that far of a stretch for there to truly be an in between? Most acknowledge a veil between this world and the next, between life and death. Isn't that an in between in itself?

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2012, 06:31:51 PM »

My opinion:
There is no good. There is no evil. There is only duality.

All things were created within The Goddess with The God. There is balance, but the balance - and perceived opposing forces - do not require opposing forcers. The Goddess is both the creator and the destroyer.

So tell me, what is this evil that you speak of? ;D
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 06:32:37 PM by lucifer »
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2012, 06:52:55 PM »

I see the "in between" Its that moment between stop and start. the moment of hesitation between yes and no, its that single line between left and right. I can relate to that, the pivot point perhaps.

I reason that an entity is a fully concious, self aware being that occupies time and space. Evil is not so much a being, but a spiritual presence that is felt at given moments of negative emotion. As of course is Good at positive moments. it is the urge to do wrong or bad, it is the temptation that is in us all to go one way or the other.

The neutrality in us as you mention, is indeed (and I accept this) the time or moment between these two. and dependant on the circumstances can be perceived as one or the other.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

WhiteRaven

• Hawthorn
  • Magick Is Everywhere, Never doubt it.
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2012, 06:59:09 PM »

I have a fear of a few things for unknown reasons... None of the make any sense to me. I'm scared of anything that floats in the sky above my head, any kind of engine, and I hate those huge trucks on the interstate I can't stand them. I literally broke down crying not to long ago because I almost saw one hit a car and kill the poor person. I also can't stand broken glass. I'm also always afraid I will break glass and it will touch my skin.... I start hyperventilating around glass.

As for traits I think I gained from a past life... Cooking is definitely one. Archery is another along with me being crafty. I know most people say those things just pass down through the generations but I don't really see how they can. I also LOVE water. I could swim my whole life and never be tired.

searching

• Meṁber
  • Willow
  • Well behaved women rarely make history
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2012, 07:26:06 PM »

Perfectly spoken (or written I should say), Drac. That is exactly the right description for the grey area in between good and evil acts...the pivot point or the moment in between. I do also believe in both evil and good as actions and as entities. I believe in angels and in demons. I guess an in between or a grey entity could be a spirit that remains because of unfinished business that has no malicious intent.

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2012, 07:29:49 PM »

Maybe you were a goldfish in a past life.... Your tank broke. theres your broken glass and your sensitivity to it touching you, and the engines could be the filtration system. things floating above you could be the owners cat kept trying to get at you with its paw.  The craft and archery must be from another incarnation.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm only kidding.   I must say, you seem to be quite the sensitive soul.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2012, 10:30:19 PM »

Good , evil ,just two faces on a single head. conjoined twins. Sweet and sour wrapped into one. A game of chance , or something we do not understand yet?.

Won't say anything WhiteRaven don't want to give you nightmares.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 02:07:46 PM by oldghost »
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

WhiteRaven

• Hawthorn
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2012, 09:51:37 AM »

Nightmares don't bother me OG. :)

Rex... Maybe I WAS  gold fish! Like you said I am a sensitive soul apparently.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2012, 02:15:03 PM »

WhiteRaven what happens when you look into a mirror ?.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

WhiteRaven

• Hawthorn
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2012, 02:49:01 PM »

I kind of just make faces when I look in a mirror. If a mirror comes out of nowhere and I see myself I end up scaring myself to death.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2012, 03:21:56 PM »

Have you ever seen something besides yourself in the reflection of the mirror or glass ?.

WhiteRaven

• Hawthorn
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2012, 03:31:30 PM »

Once. And it was actually a reflection bouncing off a pictures glass when I saw it. It was me kind of. My hair was up in a fancy bun and it was brown and my eyes were green and I looked incredibly bored. From the angle my arms were in I could tell my hands were in front of me. I had a emerald green velvet dress on. At least I believe it was velvet from the texture I saw. And it cut down to my chest and the sleeves fell off my shoulders. As soon as I saw it my eyes went wide and the reflection repeated the action and disappeared.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2012, 03:53:38 PM »

I think you learn the lessons you are supposed to learn in this life and then you move on to the next one.  I am not sure that anything in your past lives would have any direct effect on this one.
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2012, 03:59:31 PM »

Have to ask  you said you were scared of things floating above you head , do you mean clouds . What about balloons ?.

WhiteRaven

• Hawthorn
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2012, 04:05:43 PM »

Have to ask  you said you were scared of things floating above you head , do you mean clouds . What about balloons ?.

I love clouds. And balloons are fine to. Its planes, helicopters that I don't like.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up