Welcome, Guest
August 21, 2018, 06:26:47 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Reincarnation - How past lives affect our current life  (Read 14032 times)

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Re: Reincarnation - How past lives affect our current life
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2012, 05:27:59 PM »

Think that's because planes and helicopters have a tendence to drop things on unsuspecting civilians . I think you will find you are not alone in that fear .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

WhiteRaven

• Hawthorn
  • Magick Is Everywhere, Never doubt it.
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2012, 05:30:11 PM »

Probably so. I've always wanted to learn about my past life though. I just don't know how to learn about it.

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2012, 05:45:45 PM »

Probably so. I've always wanted to learn about my past life though. I just don't know how to learn about it.
Knowing that you made some sort of mistake which inevitably led to your death in the last incarnation doesn't mean that you won't make the same mistake and die the same way.

It might be interesting for you to know, but if and when you learn about a past life, you shouldn't necessarily let it govern how you're living this one - In my opinion, there's a reason that your soul supresses that information from your current incarnation. What if you found out that the last time through you were Hitler? Or Jack the Ripper? Would you be able to keep knowledge that from destroying your sense of self?

Still just my opinion, though. ;D
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 05:46:36 PM by lucifer »
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

WhiteRaven

• Hawthorn
  • Magick Is Everywhere, Never doubt it.
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2012, 05:55:44 PM »

Knowing that you made some sort of mistake which inevitably led to your death in the last incarnation doesn't mean that you won't make the same mistake and die the same way.

It might be interesting for you to know, but if and when you learn about a past life, you shouldn't necessarily let it govern how you're living this one - In my opinion, there's a reason that your soul supresses that information from your current incarnation. What if you found out that the last time through you were Hitler? Or Jack the Ripper? Would you be able to keep knowledge that from destroying your sense of self?

Still just my opinion, though. ;D

I wouldn't let it take over this life. This life is my new life and for new beginnings. Anyways what will happen will happen.

Who knows though maybe I was Hitler or maybe I'm the future new Hitler. :P

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2012, 07:03:17 PM »

How about Madame Currie , or Mother Teresa or Me MOM . Don't look at the negatives , only the positives.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

naturalpaganmomma

• Holly
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2012, 08:32:46 PM »

Luci, sorry it took me so long to respond. Had a busy day with my little girl at spiral scouts.  :) As for what I deem to be evil, I can really only site acts I see as evil, but they're pretty much common sense. I personally think what the Nazi's did to the Jews, etc was evil. I think serial killers are evil. Etc., Etc., Etc. I think you get what I mean.

I may believe that evil has it's own deity(ies) somewhere, but I do not begrudge those who believe otherwise. For me, the duality is kind of like the neutral part. A good deity may condone something bad, such as violence, for a good cause. Something such as defense of ones loved ones, while an evil deity may do or say something nice to trick someone.

I would say that one of the thoughts I had that led me to this conclusion was the act of purification and protection spells. I do not see me having to protect myself from the goddess or the gods and goddesses associated with her, so then who would I be protecting myself from? I know my thinking is very simplistic in nature. No one could or would ever accuse me of being a great mind, but I find the times I didn't follow my gut I ended up in a lot of trouble and the times I have, I usually fair a little better.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2012, 11:04:44 PM »

Are you protected by the God/dess , where are the bad God/dess . Same place as the good ones. Same ones . They are that which side of them you choose . They are neutral neither good or bad , they are what we make of them . The choice is ours , think of them as trail guide , we pick the trail they show us what is to be found there. We are the good , we are the evil . We are to blame for all we do ,no one else . Purification and protection spells are just to purify and protect us from ourselves . A vaccine against evil , but as in all things some are immune to the vaccine. We choose.

OldSoul

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2013, 04:56:26 PM »

I have found that I have a talent to such things as wood carving and edged weapons. Must ant type of weapon for that matter. I have been searching for answers for a long time now. Here are a few things that I have found out. First is that there is a life force that leaves the body at the time of what we call death. Not only have I felt this life force leaving first hand. but it has been weighted. The human body loses a small amount of weight at the time of death. So I believe that this is the soul. I believe that each life is like going to school, a time for learning what we have to learn. Each time we complete a life it is as we have completed a level of school. We have to complete enough levels of learning to become worthy to become one with the Goddess or God. And that we end a life cycle by killing ourselves then we have to do that life level again in another time or place.

Aidan

• Meṁber
  • Oak
  • Fire and light!
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2014, 01:21:36 PM »

I sometimes dream that i am somebody in the past.
And i get a lot of deja vus when i visit certain historic sites.

Could that have something to do with reincarnation?
The energy which is mine, should always be mine.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2014, 04:01:00 PM »

Some call it racial member , have heard that some believe it is a call you sent out from the past to your future self but the full signal is not getting through .

This is a story told to me years ago by a Lakota Shaman who was on vacation to see his wife's ( think it was her cousin ) a relative . Their daughter started crying and when they asked her why she pointed at a rocky area and told them that is where she died of sickness a long time ago . When they walked over to the rocks they found some type of pictograph carved into the rock . At the spot she said she died at . They could not make it out well but it looked like that of a canine , there daughters name was Fox .

Aidan

• Meṁber
  • Oak
  • Fire and light!
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2014, 03:00:00 PM »

I once dreamed i was a Celtic warlord sacking a greek pagan temple.
Looked up the name and he turned to be a real historic figure. :s
Strange. Very strange. :)

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2014, 01:10:48 AM »

Yah , you got that right , really strange.

Valerie

• Ash
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2014, 01:56:59 AM »

Fascinating thread, wow SE, that is truly scary x
Tho my path is uncertain, I'll go where my heart leads me...because in my quest to find my way, I know I'll find myself x

Aidan

• Meṁber
  • Oak
  • Fire and light!
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2014, 12:12:45 PM »

My enemies called be Brennus right before i ran a spear through their priestess, violated the Oracle, cut of her head and screamed "Boudica!!!" into the hills around the temple.

I could only see from a first pov, not act.
Looked it up.
Brennus Delphi on Google and...well....see and find out for yourself!

Aidan

• Meṁber
  • Oak
  • Fire and light!
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2014, 12:19:06 PM »

My enemies called be Brennus right before i ran a spear through their priestess, violated the Oracle, cut of her head and screamed "Boudica!!!" into the hills around the temple.

I could only see from a first pov, not act.
Looked it up.
Brennus Delphi on Google and...well....see and find out for yourself!
During a ritual.....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up