Welcome, Guest
June 23, 2018, 08:37:52 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Reincarnation - How past lives affect our current life  (Read 13514 times)

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
Reincarnation - How past lives affect our current life
« on: October 19, 2012, 03:39:52 AM »

It came up in discussion that, something that happened to someone in a previous life, has created a phobia in this current life. I won't mention details at the moment unless I get permission to cite the event and/or person.

After contemplating that particular aspect, it occured to me that this may in fact be the case for many of us. Phobias may be caused by what we previously experienced, and has been carried forward to our current lives. And this may indeed go forward to our next lives.

As an example lets take cowardice. Many are condemned for being cowards, perhaps shying away from a fight, or not fighting for ones country or something else on a similar vane. So consider; What if during a previous existence, a person was attacked or mobbed in a hideously violent way. They survived the event for a short time suffering the entire time and ultimately died. They then pass on into their next plane of existence, and becomes a person who is fearful - for some unknown reason to them - of getting into a confrontation within any crowd.

Another example could be; someone who is fearful of water may have been a drowned sailor in another life. and so on.

So how much does our past lives affect our current lives?
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
Re: Reincarnation - How past lives affect our current life
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 05:14:12 AM »

I'm going to further this post with the thought that, not only are our fears carried forward, but what about our likes and interests? Why are we drawn to certain interests, and maybe even hobbies?

I like to whittle and work with my hands and I'm able to turn my hands to most things, perhaps I was a master craftsman in another existence. I also like bladed weapons, so perhaps an armourer or forger of swords of some kind at another time.

These are minor examples of course, but if you consider the possibility......
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 06:09:48 AM »

I don't know much about reincarnation, but I had for years and years, from really quite young a recurrent "nightmare" where I was murdered.

I would see myself running through a house and feel the terror. I could see the large man looming behind me. I could feel him grab me and throttle me...I would actually feel the sensation of gasping for breath. Then I would see, as if from an increasingly high floating perspective my body, flung among some reeds in a swampy area.

The weird thing was that though I always knew it was me...it wasn't this "me" I saw. It was a small African American girl and I always knew that the place I was in was Louisiana. There was always an overwhelming sense at this point of sadness and betrayal and I always knew that my killer had been my older brother.

When I was in my very early 20's I went to a woman to get some astral charts done. I didn't know her...she was a friend of a new flatmate I had. I only went for the lark. She was asking me about my birthday, time etc . She got this kind of odd look about her - just a sort of detached look and she said "Your birth this time was traumatic. Very traumatic. The whole scene is bathed in blood"

I had been 5 weeks overdue. The placenta had grafted itself to my mothers uterine walls and she lost so much blood during the delivery that they transfused her with almost twice her total blood volume before they managed to bring it under control. Both she and I were in intensive care for over a week. At three weeks of age I was back there, with pneumonia and almost died again. I didn't tell that to her though, as I was quite taken aback and didn't quite know what to say.

Then she said to me: "You were very ambivalent about coming back this time. There's a sense of you almost deciding not to do it at the very last moment. I think when you died last time it was traumatic. You were only a child and you were murdered by someone very close to you. I think that person is still close to you now and I think you ought to be very very careful of him in this life too."

My older brother is a violent alcoholic. He has tried to kill me on two occasions. Once when I was a small child and again just after my first child was born. I  took out a restraining order on him 15 years ago after that attempt. Moved states and changed my name. Both times he tried to strangle me.

Like I said, I don't know much about reincarnation - but I know what that woman told me. And I know she had no way of knowing any of those things.

eta: I had to put an "s" in "restraining"...retraining would have done him no good - the bugger is beyond redemption.
 >:(
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 07:29:20 AM by Scorched Eartha »
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

searching

• Meṁber
  • Willow
  • Well behaved women rarely make history
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 08:52:56 AM »

Wow, Scorched Eartha, that is intense. I have a similar experience but not anywhere to that level. I've just always had an issue with my throat being touched and as I got older started to suspect I had been strangled to death in a past life. A family member who is sensitive confirmed this. I have recently done some past life regression and was able to see the scene where I was murdered. It was late 1800s or early 1900s. I was a reallly slender brunette woman no later than my early 20s. I was at the base of a dark wood staircase. There was a man above me with his foot on my chest and he was strangling me with a belt around my neck. I am unsure of this but I think that man may have been one of my husbands past lives. If that is accurate his murderous tendencies haven't followed him into this life like your brothers did.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 09:16:06 AM »

I have no interest in doing any past life regression. The dreams were vivid and traumatic enough and anyway i don't trust any therapist to not just be mining me for info and then planting some kind of post hypnotic suggestion to keep me coming back. There have been many instances of things like that happening.

As I said I happened across this woman, having gone to her for a very different thing. Neither of us had any intention of that becoming a "past life reading". I have on a few occasions in my life just happened across people who have had insights for me. One drunk man in a pub once passed on a message from my other (worthwhile and missing) brother to say that he had died long ago and wanted me to stop searching for him because he would never be found and it was ruining my life.

I am very much open to the notion that some people can see into other realms. I am also firmly of the opinion that if I am meant to know what they see, I will meet them and be told.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 09:16:43 AM by Scorched Eartha »
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

searching

• Meṁber
  • Willow
  • Well behaved women rarely make history
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 09:22:47 AM »

I wouldn't go to a therapist for this either. Its just something I did myself in my room. Funny thing is of the several times I did it one of the times my husband was in the room and he started getting images from my past life as well and telling me about what he saw and it matched up perfectly. If I were in your situation I doubt I would want to do the regression either already having had such a detailed and traumatic experience with it.

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 09:44:07 AM »

WOW!!! I really don't know how to answer that SE. For something like that to follow you is, for want of a better word, bizarre. To be able to carry on with that kind of knowledge says something about how strong a person you are.

naturalpaganmomma

• Holly
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 10:08:03 AM »

Drac, if it's me you're referring to regarding past life dreams and phobias, go ahead and site away. It;s fine with me babe. No problem. :)

naturalpaganmomma

• Holly
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 10:31:42 AM »

SE, I'm so sorry you have had to endure all of that. I don't blame you for not wanting to do a regression. I'm happy you're such a strong person because it's nice having you here on the forum.

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 10:45:54 AM »

Drac, if it's me you're referring to regarding past life dreams and phobias, go ahead and site away. It;s fine with me babe. No problem. :)

Thanx NPM,   :) :-*  I didn't think you'd have a problem with it, but I wouldn't without your permission.  ;)

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 03:08:33 PM »

Bring something to mind , could hate be so stronger it can follow you across time . Infusing itself into someone that will be near you , someone that wants to harm you , kill you , to destroy your very essences. What could cause such hate ?. Would it not make hate a separate entity in itself ?.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

naturalpaganmomma

• Holly
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 03:52:57 PM »

I'm one of those who believe that "ancient evil" exists. Hypothetically, if a person did great good in one of their past lives I would say then it is possible something dark tried to take them out, and continues to try everytime they are reborn.

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 04:50:00 PM »

Hate/hatred is an emotion, one of the more intense emotions we experience. Either by ourselves or towards ourselves. It is a palpable emotion that can be strong enough so we can feel it emanating from someone without having to look at them. I would guess that yes, this would be possible to carry across and manifest in some way.

NPM, That's an interesting hypothesis, In your reasoning does 'evil' then represent itself in some manifest way? some kind of entity that can do harm?

naturalpaganmomma

• Holly
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2012, 05:26:41 PM »

Yeah. I think there are entities just as ancient as the Goddesses and Gods that are evil as some are good, and other benign, not carrying either way. Some of the bad ones may be Goddesses and Gods as well as other entities. I believe in a system of balance. I believe it's that balance that holds everything together like the thread in a seam. There's a gray area in between the two opposing poles, providing a spectrum circular in nature.

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2012, 05:59:27 PM »

I accept your premise that evil can become an entity in its own right, but for there to be balance does that mean that good is also an entity? and if so how then does it manifest itself?

I see that opposites create the balance, but can there truly be a neutral ground? a grey area as you say?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up