Welcome, Guest
August 25, 2019, 04:49:12 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Wicca The Future.  (Read 5608 times)

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Wicca The Future.
« on: October 22, 2012, 11:14:26 PM »

The fastest growing religion in the U.S. is said to be Paganism . Here now are the young ones that will be the future but will there be one . Where do you see Wicca , Witchcraft and Paganism ten years , twenty from now . Times change for us all , we change with it . Where in the future do you think you will be , will you be speaking up for  your beliefs . Do you think you will still be following the Wiccan  path you are now on. The growth of our beliefs well be challenge to a greater extent in the future then they are now.

Where will you stand in the future , will you voice start to speak out now . Will you teach as you are now learning , can you be a leader a voice of reason and understanding , if you had to stand and fight would you be on the front lines.

How would you guide those that are new, what changes would you make . Can you conjure a better world . What will it look like . Dream a world of wonder and be one that helps make it.............................................?

Those that stand now , what more can we do to leave a better legacy........................?

"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Aunt Thora

• Cypress
Re: Wicca The Future.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 05:46:04 AM »

Where in the future do you think you will be ,

the only thing I know for sure about the future is I don't know.  All things that I had hope to see come to pass and had plan to do has change.  Even in just the last five years.  From the way I look to where I live, to how I now believe. A lot of stuff happen to make such a big change of things a lot of I had never figure to happen or would of thought of happening.  It had been one long, hard path.  But here I stand on a path never to have thought of taking; but what a joy it has been.  As for the future ??? No idea. but for today my goal is to learn from yesterday, enjoy today and to prepare for tomorrow as best as I can if there is a tomorrow for me if not hopefully I leave something behind that can be useful for those I love.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 09:26:10 AM »

So many questions og! The young are the future, and I believe the future will be difficult and
scary depending upon our leaders, they hold the ace of spades. But we can change the world, even in small ways. These small ways can build something larger, that can offer more tolerance,
give us more understanding of balance. I see no end to paganism, Wicca, or witchcraft. We have survived for a very long time. Would I speak out now? Probably not without the help of all pagans.
I feel we are still fearful of what could happen if the world is not ready. The US is Christian that in
itself is a threat to us. But to save our souls they would throw us in a man made lake of fire. But
most know I would stand and fight for what I believe in.

I know we could make the world a better place simply by the growing and nurturing of paganism.
If given the chance to make the future a better place for my child and grandchildren to come I
would shed my anonymity and speak out. The voice of many can change what the voice of one can't.

I hope the future holds no prejudice against our children, if they choose our path so to speak, as we each choose our own path. I do fear the future, because we will survive by silence if nothing
else.

In a better world paganism would be respected by all as an equal to any other religion, or persuasion. How to accomplice that I don't know. Maybe with many baby steps.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 01:47:05 PM »

As you say Mari, baby steps is the way forward for the time being. We have to show that there is no harm in our path, so we continue to do our own thing in our own way without getting all up in any other religions grill. Through time (and I know Paganism has been around for so very long), we ease ourselves into the mainstream gently.

Although Britain is essentially a Christian country, we here are a bit more forgiving of other beliefs. US Christians seem to be a bit more extreme than us. Perhaps it's down to us to lead the way....LoL
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 06:44:18 PM »

Start the CHARGE Drac , just don't do it till I get there .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 12:08:24 AM »

Paganism hasn't been repressed in 2000 years of concerted effort, theft usurpation and victimisation. If anything it has experienced a renaissance in the past 100 years. I don't see it losing out now.

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 05:20:33 AM »

In all fairness SE, I think American Christians are more extreme and in each others faces than the rest of us. Most of them get a kind of 'holier than thou' attitude and this leaves no room for the acceptance of other beliefs. This in turn makes it more difficult for US Pagans to be able to be so open in their following.

::Please note;  This is not intended as an insult to Americans in general!
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

DragonsTalon

• Rowan
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 07:53:02 AM »

In all fairness SE, I think American Christians are more extreme and in each others faces than the rest of us. Most of them get a kind of 'holier than thou' attitude and this leaves no room for the acceptance of other beliefs. This in turn makes it more difficult for US Pagans to be able to be so open in their following.

this^

i've found there's often enough holier than thou attitude to even accept people of the same beliefs, much less other beliefs
"you can't always trust what you read on the internet" -- abraham lincoln

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 10:03:55 AM »

::)

this^

i've found there's often enough holier than thou attitude to even accept people of the same beliefs, much less other beliefs

Amen. Being American and raised christian I can vouch for those statements. There are so many denominations of christianity it's ridiculous. Most christians I know don't even know exactly what they believe. Most people who are raised christian stay that way because it's all they know. Their friends and family are christian. They're afraid to go against the norm. After years of brainwashing, it's nearly impossible to conceive the possibly that any other religion could be valid. The only real thing that bothers me about christians is their self-righteous concept that everyone who is not christian is going to hell. Lol. Anyway, I should probably get off of this topic before I get in trouble. Lmao.
Isis: Great Mother of the World. Queen of the Heavens. She whose names are infinite in number.

We all come from the Goddess. And to Her we shall return. Like a drop of rain. Flowing back to the ocean.

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 11:22:33 AM »

;D ;D ;D Hallelujah Brother!!! ;D ;D ;D

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 11:58:17 AM »

Legacy , what can we do for those that come after us. Not tomorrow but now.

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 12:06:45 PM »

Unfortunately, I must lurk in the shadows for now. My children don't live with me. We live in a very small town. If word got around (and it would) about my beliefs, my ex-wife would freak out. She knows about my beliefs but she doesn't want the kids to know. And neither of us want the children ridiculed for my beliefs. If not for their sake, I wouldn't care who knew. I'm definitely not ashamed of my beliefs. Especially now that I'm not christian. Lmao.
Isis: Great Mother of the World. Queen of the Heavens. She whose names are infinite in number.

We all come from the Goddess. And to Her we shall return. Like a drop of rain. Flowing back to the ocean.

Aunt Thora

• Cypress
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 12:47:15 PM »

[quote Legacy , what can we do for those that come after us. Not tomorrow but now.][/quote]

teach.  teach our children and grandchildren and all who we have any kind of influence over  teach them tolerance of others.  I don't care what you believe, who you are, poor or rich, how you dress, or any thing.  no of mine is allow to pick on, or anything not unless they want grandma, auntie, ma or what ever they call to come after them. 
my daughter who is a Christian, and her kids, learn that her bio father is a witch.  Their reaction was not to avoid nor to judge, but accept.  they all have met him and all like him very much so and fine he is a nice guy.  oh, there has been questions, but nothing as a put down.  So it is my belief that we teach tolerance for others.   And if you really can't stand the person for what ever reason shut up and walk away.

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 12:52:26 PM »

I completely agree with theyd. The best thing we can do is teach tolerance. Very well said.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 01:37:36 PM »

You see there in lies the problem Edorion , hiding . You are not doing your children any good by hiding what you believe , Screw what others think , that their way of keeping you in place.  This may offend and be rude , but like my friend Tracy always says ( she a women )" man up or bitch out " Hiding is how they keep us down . What are you scared of dude , thing they'll hang and burn you ??? ??? .
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up