Welcome, Guest
September 21, 2018, 03:26:15 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Got a request....  (Read 3657 times)

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
Got a request....
« on: November 28, 2012, 08:46:19 PM »

Hopefully this is the right area. My mom said something in passing about we need to take my daughter to a psychic. Yep, the Christian who can't understand my Wiccan/Pagan ways believes in psychics. My daughter has a habit of waking up in the middle of the night, running back and forth across her bed and just flustered. Usually talking some kind of nonsense about not wanting to do something. It takes a few minutes to calm her back to sleep, and once she woke up and I told her I was there and everything was okay and her reply was: "How do I know it's really you?"

I have asked her in the past about seeing things (not saying ghosts on purpose), and even saying even if she thought they were imaginary. And THAT has caused her to start talking non-stop about her imaginary friends (who are all fairies). I normally would dismiss it because the names she uses for these fairies come from books or tv shows. My mom seems to think that she is seeing angels but calling them fairies because they are people with wings. I don't necessarily believe in angels, I find that more of a Christian creation.

Here's my question: How do I find a REPUTABLE psychic? I am VERY fearful of running into a scam artist because I know that they are out there and take advantage of naive people like me. I have a touch of psychic ability, but I don't see people, I feel emotions and I read people. So my other option would be how to determine exactly what's going on, if these are just normal childhood "nightmares" (because her mind can't shut off, even while sleeping) or if she really is seeing fairies/ghosts/"angels"/etc.

I know that there are people here more knowledgeable than I and I am asking for guidance and suggestions. And yes, I know to rule out the mundane before I go to the supernatural. I'm not THAT new on this path....lol

Thanks in advance!!

Blessed Be )0(
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 08:52:02 PM by alyceavary »
So tell me not of avatars. Show me not your proof that yours is the true god. I grant you your beliefs without question and without judgment, but if you grant me what is in my heart, then such proof is irrelevant. ~Drizzt Do'Urden

lucifer

• Ash
Re: Got a request....
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 09:00:31 PM »

Uh... I definitely wouldn't seek the assistance of a ``psychic'' on this one, because the majority of people who claim to be psychics are nothing more than scam artists.

First of all, you need to evaluate what kinds of shows and books your daughter is watching - who's she's talking to at school, what kind of stories she's encountering.

Second, you need to let her know that nothing in the other world is capable of hurting her (if that turns out to be the case). More likely than not, she's just having nightmares, normal nightmares. Just happens to be involving faeries... would only really be significant if you've never exposed her to such images/material.

You would do a world more good to just talk it out with her, regardless of whether or not she has her own tinge of psychic ability.

Also, there's just as much evidence that angels exist as there is that faeries exist, and it doesn't really make sense to argue what the name or function of said spirits is.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 09:01:29 PM by lucifer »
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 03:12:30 AM »

Aly, It could simply be what the experts call night horrors. Basically she has an active mind and its not settling down during her sleep time. How is her diet? does she drink a lot of juice? sweets? fast foods? all these things have additives that can affect some people, especially young folk. E numbers are usually the worst offenders. try lessening her intake of this type of stuff for a little while and see how that works out.

Your other alternative is to consult with a sleep expert, talk to them about whats happening and see what they have to offer. If her sleep is disturbed like this it will affect her attention at school and waking life.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 09:11:25 AM »

Gosh Aly I believe I would think on that for a while. You may be better off just sitting down with her and talking.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 11:37:34 AM »

Aly, how old is your daughter?
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 01:50:11 PM »

She's 7, and an extremely picky eater. The school psychologist actually thinks she has all of the signs for Asperger's Syndrome, so I wonder if this is part of that. I'm still doing research and it's not an actual diagnosis....that comes from the medical psychiatrist. But she said that ADHD and Asperger's really separate and are easier to diagnose at 2nd or 3rd grade. I did have my daughter draw a picture of one of her fairies and she looks like a fairy, pink wings and all. LOL
So tell me not of avatars. Show me not your proof that yours is the true god. I grant you your beliefs without question and without judgment, but if you grant me what is in my heart, then such proof is irrelevant. ~Drizzt Do'Urden

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 02:39:31 PM »

ADHD was why I asked.  Her sleep patterns sound like my youngest sons were and my grandsons are.  I would have all the medical probablities ruled out first and go from there.  Let me know what you find out.

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 05:32:14 PM »

I will and thanks so much!! She doesn't have these issues every night and she had an episode last night, but had a good day at school today. Her teacher this year has been AMAZING in helping get to the bottom of her behavior issues, that's how the possibilty of Asperger's came up. I do plan on taking her and getting an official diagnosis, right now the school has put her under the Special Education umbrella to help protect her. Her IQ ended up being 126.....that's great for anyone, forget being 7! LOL

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 08:59:40 PM »

Her IQ ended up being 126.....that's great for anyone, forget being 7! LOL
IQ is relative to age & what it means is that she's picking up more now than the average kid (100). Make sure to continue to stress the importance of learning without being one of those spelling-bee-kids' parents who makes them have no life to try and win some stupid pointless contest in some stupid vicarious way...

stupid - S T U P I D: the people who put their kids through crap like that because they never did anything with their own life - stupid.

::edit::
That last part wasn't really directed at you, I was just venting about spelling-bees :-p
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 09:00:41 PM by lucifer »
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

marisol

• Redwood
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 09:57:00 PM »

After you check her medical condition, you could look for a therapist that works with children. I
believe that is what I would do. Since she is only 7 yrs. old, I would be very picky.

What do you seek?

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 10:11:08 PM »

Her teacher has been great at challenging her this year and making sure she's pushed. She even gets to do things that other kids in the class don't. She usually finishes her work before the teacher has finished the lesson and gets to go to the "Book Nook" or read a library book she got to check out earlier in the day. First thing she does is take a test on the books from the night before (we have the AR program here, it's Accelerated Reader and she gets points based on the score and grade level of the books she takes the test on), and usually on the teacher's laptop. I'm hoping this is just a phase, but the catch phrase for the past 2 months has been: "It all comes back to fairies!" Her school psychologist started it, when explaining that she will talk about a subject, but then link it back to fairies. LOL She has names for ALL of them and they live in places other than our house: a favorite restaurant, my car, etc.

The other day she said something VERY witchy: "Mommy, did you know that the moon is a girl and the sun is a boy?" My heart just burst!! She came up with this ON HER OWN, no prompting from me and out of the blue. And she LOVES watching the stars.

marisol

• Redwood
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 10:27:05 PM »

Aly you have a precious child and I know you are very proud of her. Fairies were a big thing with
me when I was her age ( and I actually visualized them). No I was not crazy or had anything
strange about me. I just loved them that's all.

Encourage her to draw pictures of anything she wants. Anything she is frightened of, or about her day at school, etc.

What do you seek?

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012, 10:45:07 PM »

That was just a thought that popped into my head driving her home from school today, and when we got home I asked her to draw one of her fairies and thought it would give me a better understanding of what she saw. I may post it on here for you all to see. :D

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 11:17:34 AM »

I will and thanks so much!! She doesn't have these issues every night and she had an episode last night, but had a good day at school today. Her teacher this year has been AMAZING in helping get to the bottom of her behavior issues, that's how the possibilty of Asperger's came up. I do plan on taking her and getting an official diagnosis, right now the school has put her under the Special Education umbrella to help protect her. Her IQ ended up being 126.....that's great for anyone, forget being 7! LOL

If she does indeed have Asperger's, or ADHD, I'd be willing to bet that 126 is really on the low side.  I'd be amazed if it's below 140... Asperger's and ADHD are generally associated with brilliance...
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 11:45:28 AM »

Alyce, here is a site I use to play on with my bosses grand daughter.  She was REALLY into fairies and we had a blast on here.  http://disney.go.com/fairies/pixie-hollow/cj.html?AID=11039181&PID=1359259&SID=994f053b-2237-4619-945b-9ab92d327215

This might be an outlet for her fairy interest.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up