Welcome, Guest
October 15, 2018, 06:54:08 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Established Members Introduction  (Read 11351 times)

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
Re: Established Members Introduction
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2013, 04:01:27 PM »

If is always nice to see members return.  Welcome back Eliza :)
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Rosemadder

• Rowan
  • Live joyously
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2013, 08:45:29 PM »

I don't know how "established" I am but someone suggested on a thread i started that I introduce myself when I had already in February so it must have been a less than stellar introduction!

I'll try to do better this time. :)

I'm a baby Wiccan but have been following a Pagan path my entire life.

The more I practice Wicca the more "myself" I feel.

It's hard, living uncomfortably in your own skin for 50 years.

I've come out of the broom closet to family, co-workers, and have been outed in a big way in the little country neighborhood I live in. I'm okay with that, for the most part. (More on that another day)

So far I'm reading a lot, mostly from the recommended book lists but I have ventured out on my own.

Found a really nice Wiccan shop about an hour and a half south of here that I just fell in love with, although I am in little need of supplies, other than some herbs and oils.

I try to observe the lunar cycles when they occur; not just the esbats, the Sabbats, of course, and I have a shrine to the goddess in my room so I do some morning rituals and offerings when I have time. I've just started my lessons in Tarot and am doing well. My chosen deck is the Enchanted Tarot and I do like it, very much.

I have an inside altar and an outside circle of stones with a permanent altar; not sure how I'll handle snow season- probably pack it all in until spring!

I am 52, the eldest sibling of many; the peacemaker of the family. I'm married with two adult children, one at home, one living about 2.5 hours south. I've always been the odd one out and they are all just discovering HOW odd. It's okay, though,they've come to expect just about anything from me. :)

I'm owned by a little burned pumpkin muffin colored kitty named Ruby and a giant half St. Bernard named Elise who isn't half as regal as her name might imply. She is responsible for the torn meniscus I am currently sporting. :)

I've been away a bit and my participation will continue to be sporadic due to family concerns however I really enjoy my time spent here.

It's ... Homey.

Thanks again for having me. :)

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2013, 02:21:30 AM »

It's one thing asking newbies to introduce themselves, but with this thread in place; it gives them a chance to know who it is they are introducing themselves to.

Thanks for posting here Rose, another standing intro is always good for us. We are pleased to have you here, another voice to learn and to help teach and guide if and when you can.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

morningdove

• Ash
  • Nana to an Angel
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2013, 07:47:40 PM »

Hello,

I have been here off and on for years. This year has not been the greatest for me health wise, work wise and home wise so I have been keeping to myself and just surviving.

I am Wiccan and a Witch. Very happy with my beliefs and very much out with anyone who wants to know, or cares to know. I completed my year and a day about 7 years ago. I am solitary and happy that way though I have participated in rituals gatherings with other solitarys in the area. 

I am a teacher of special needs children in a middle school. Though last year I taught reading to 7th grade students in regular education classes. Loved the fact that the administration did not think my students would have learning gains on the state testing *behavior problems abound* however, my students made learning gains so much so we were the highest in the school. Now that the pat on the back is done on to introductions.

I have 3 children. Two are grown and the youngest is going into the 8th grade. I learned today I am going to be a grandmother, my oldest daughter is pregnant. I told her to not have any children..but we all know how well kids listen. lol

Lost and wondering

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2013, 02:13:45 AM »

Congrats on your upcoming event, I know exactly what you mean about kids listening. My daughter did that to me about 9 years ago then my son a few years after that. I'm a granddad twice over. Prepare to be wrapped around the little fingers...LoL
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

Ashe Isadora

• Hawthorn
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2013, 05:39:06 PM »

Hi all!  I didn't think I did a great job introducing myself in the new member thread, and I'm not EXACTLY established, But I'll take a stab at introducing myself here. I'm a long time (20 years) witch and newly minted BTW.  This is exactly the right path for me and I'm thrilled. My training spanned from the San Francisco Bay Area to the middle of Tornado Alley, where I teach preschool and rescue cats when I'm not dodging really scary weather.  I love old book stores, baking and helping animals have a better life. My husband is my magical partner and life mate of 43 years, a true friend.
I'm looking forward to learning more about different paths in the Craft (perspective and balance!) and hopefully making new friends.
BB and good fortune....
"When I say I'm Wiccan, I don't mean what you THINK I mean."

DarthTater

• Pine
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2013, 07:46:25 PM »

I wouldn't call myself established but I'm back  :-p. Been away for a while and my need to focus on learning more about my path has taken hold again. I don't have a particular path currently and I'm just learning as much as I can. I joined last year and between work and a new girlfriend, I dedicated my time elsewhere. Been catching up on some reading here on the site and lots of new information to take in. I'm glad to be back and its good to see some familiar faces are still around  :).
Come to the dark side, we have cookies!!

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2013, 09:36:46 AM »

Hey there DT, glad to see you back again. It's good to see things seem to be going well with you. Stick in, there's always more to learn, no matter how "established" you are  ;)

andy

• Alder
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2013, 04:47:20 AM »

Figured I may as well pop back in, it's only been about a year.

I'm Andy, I've been around (back when I was active) since before TI was truly temporary (y'know before it became permanent).

I used to be a Mod, but stepped away due to RL things, and my general distaste at some of things which were becoming common-place both on, and around the boards, some of which don't need bringing back towards the light TBH.

If someone were to ask my path, I'd generally give them some sarcastic comment on it being Tarmac (asphalt) or occasionally paving slabs. I don't follow any religion, I don't particularly practice any spiritual beliefs, I do however like reading. And as a scientist, this board gives me a whole pile of empirical 2nd and 3rd hand evidence from which to collate information, from which I can draw some conclusions that eventually I'll get around to testing... Maybe.

I'm pretty much the definition of an armchair occultist (if I owned an arm chair that is).

IRL, I spend most of my time playing scientist in an asbestos detection and identification lab, drinking, or doing very little else tbh.

Maybe this time I'll stick around a little longer if I find something that really grabs my interest.

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2013, 05:02:04 AM »

Wot-Ho Andy, Welcome back to the boards. Yup you got over a year of stuff to catch up on, the highs and the lows, the new and the old, the good and the bad, it's all here......somewhere!

There's been a few science oriented topics since you were last here, I'm sure you'll be able to input to. Other than that welcome back and enjoy.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2013, 11:35:37 AM »

Welcome back Andy , stick around this time .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2013, 11:01:46 PM »

Good to see you andy :)  I hope we see more of you.
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

arrowolf

• Meṁber
  • Willow
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2013, 08:08:17 PM »

I am known on here as arrowolf. I have been a member for just over 2 years now. I know I haven't put very many posts on here, but I do still get on from time to time to do some valuable reading. I am almost 40 (one month to go), and I work way to much and have gone back to school to earn a business degree.

The path that I follow is more of an earth-based path. I don't get to practice much other than to meditate, and keep in touch with the connections I have to the earth, animals, and those family members that I chose to have a deep connection with. I don't do formal rituals as what you read in a book or do as a member of a group or coven, but I do show my respect for the things that I do. This is the best place I have been to, to hear and exchange ideas and feel comfortable with who you are.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2013, 11:24:27 AM »

Glad you are here arrowolf.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Angelik

• Elm
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2013, 08:10:34 PM »

Hi all!

I'm reintroducing myself for the who knows what time. I'm Angelik, I have been around TCC for about 8 years I think (jeez I'm getting old  ;) )

Anywho, it's good to see some familiar names, and I hope to get on here more regularly :)
Modesty is for people that don't know their own worth.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up