Welcome, Guest
August 25, 2019, 04:23:11 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Wicca questions.  (Read 6949 times)

Thorn Nightwing

• Willow
  • I really don't know anything!
Wicca questions.
« on: February 08, 2013, 09:13:37 PM »

We all have to be new to the Wicca religion at some point. Lots of people have questions that need answers before they can fully understand there religion, or the religion that there considering becoming a part of. Here is the perfect place to ask those questions! If you feel uncomfortable making your question puplic, feel free to contact me!  :) :) :) :) :) :)     
"I don't go looking for trouble. Trouble finds me" -J.K. Rowling

"If something goes right it's because of someone else. If something goes wrong it's probably because of me" -Daesung

"I want to show my true self, not how I want to be seen by others" -G. Dragon

Never forget to smile :)

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
Re: Wicca questions.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 11:19:04 PM »

We all have to be new to the Wicca religion at some point. Lots of people have questions that need answers before they can fully understand there religion, or the religion that there considering becoming a part of. Here is the perfect place to ask those questions! If you feel uncomfortable making your question puplic, feel free to contact me!  :) :) :) :) :) :)   

What is the origin of the Wiccan phrase "Blessed Be"?
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 08:56:33 AM »

Welcome to TCC Thorn,
We usually expect our newcomers to introduce themselves as a first posting, You are making some pretty bold claims it has to be said. Please let us know more about yourself so we know who we are dealing with, more people would be appreciative of this.

And your offer of answering questions, as well intentioned as it is, please be aware that we have a no spell sharing policy here as I'm sure you have already been informed about. Please be careful of anything else that you may share as everyone has their own paths.

Other than that, welcome aboard.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

soulfire

• Ash
  • telestic witch
    • Believe in You!
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 10:48:46 AM »

agreed.  Who are you? What makes you a better expert than I (note sig)?  <<who goes to her heart for guidance, thanks!
Striving for authenticity- which is not often politically correct. Get over it.

I RESPECT YOUR INDIVIDUALITY AND OPINIONS, PLEASE RESPECT MINE cuz i'll say it.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 11:27:01 AM »

Thorn you're quite sure of yourself. Why don't you tell us who you are and what you are wanting
exactly. Then we will answer your questions.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Thorn Nightwing

• Willow
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 10:41:03 AM »

I am not quite sure what you are interested in knowing about me, as I am quite boring and have no special background to myself. But I will try my best to give you information so that you could get a better picture of me in your mind. Also if you feel you would like to know more about me you may ask questions prior about me.

My "Real" name is Athena, as the Greek mythical goddess. I was born to an ignorant Christian family who assumed Wiccans worshiped the devil. I later found out that I have many Wicca and Pagen relatives that my family did not want to discover. After doing a lot of studying and getting in contact with my relatives, I now am a Wiccan myself. 

I really can't think of anything more that you would want to know about me. But if there is more than go ahead and ask.   

"If something goes right it's because of someone else. If something goes wrong it's probably because of me" -Daesung

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 11:18:17 AM »

Welcome to TCC, Thorn Nightwing.

Your post bothered me.  Calling your family "ignorant" and being disrepectful of their religion does not put you in a very good light.  This one post tells me you have much to learn.  Not only about Wicca but life also. 
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

soulfire

• Ash
  • telestic witch
    • Believe in You!
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 12:11:53 PM »

"There is much anger, here." ~Yoda. 
My personal exp tells me OP has maturing to do (not neccessarily in age)  I did not become an effective witch until I let go of my anger, among other things.  But to practice the religion of Wicca, I cannot speak to.  I only have the impression that 'live and let live' is what one settles into, after the anything-anti-christian phase.  For me it ended about 5y into my journey
Striving for authenticity- which is not often politically correct. Get over it.

I RESPECT YOUR INDIVIDUALITY AND OPINIONS, PLEASE RESPECT MINE cuz i'll say it.

Thorn Nightwing

• Willow
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 12:36:24 PM »

Your post bothered me.  Calling your family "ignorant" and being disrepectful of their religion does not put you in a very good light.  This one post tells me you have much to learn.  Not only about Wicca but life also.

I called my family ignorant, not as a sign of disrespect but the truth. I believe this of them because they do not have all the facts. Making them ignorant. They assume that all Wiccans worship the devil. But that is not true, they are making a point and in opinion with out any evidence. I feel that they have no right to judge Wiccas for Satanism, when they have no proof. 

Thorn Nightwing

• Willow
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 12:45:50 PM »

Also, I am not disrespectful of there religion in any way. There religion is there business, not mine. I am great full for my family. But I feel that I don't belong, I have always been "The odd sister out" as my own mother puts it. I never quite felt right with my family. My own mother said that she thinks god made a mistake and sent them the wrong daughter. My father has come to the conclusion that in fact I am not his, but a an Omen from the Devil. So basically I am the devils Offspring to him.         

Thorn Nightwing

• Willow
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 12:48:24 PM »

agreed.  Who are you? What makes you a better expert than I (note sig)?  <<who goes to her heart for guidance, thanks!

I am sure that I am no better than you. In fact you may be better than I to answer certain questions. 

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 12:50:11 PM »

I called my family ignorant, not as a sign of disrespect but the truth. I believe this of them because they do not have all the facts. Making them ignorant. They assume that all Wiccans worship the devil. But that is not true, they are making a point and in opinion with out any evidence. I feel that they have no right to judge Wiccas for Satanism, when they have no proof. 

They have every right.  They, like you, are following their beliefs.  Their "points and opinions" are the truths they believe in.   Being tolerant of anothers beliefs goes a long way toward understanding.       

Thorn Nightwing

• Willow
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 12:54:09 PM »

What is the origin of the Wiccan phrase "Blessed Be"?

Blessed be is a greeting, or a positive affirmation. The phrase is from Wiccan rede. It is used in many rituals and is simply a blessing.

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 12:58:50 PM »

Also, I am not disrespectful of there religion in any way. There religion is there business, not mine. I am great full for my family. But I feel that I don't belong, I have always been "The odd sister out" as my own mother puts it. I never quite felt right with my family. My own mother said that she thinks god made a mistake and sent them the wrong daughter. My father has come to the conclusion that in fact I am not his, but a an Omen from the Devil. So basically I am the devils Offspring to him.       

Sometimes parents get frustrated when they cannot understand their children.  They sometimes say hurtful things.  I remember well some battles with a step-father over religion.  I was all those things and more.  Keep in mind, in a couple of years you will be on your own and can follow your own path.  For now, their house, their rules.

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 12:59:31 PM »

It is still disrespectful, it is no different than them going to a site and saying that their "evil, devil-worshipping, brainwashed child needs to be saved and prayed for". And I have my own thoughts about this post that have been made aware to at least one mod. It sounds like there is more going on than can be explained in this forum. Have you bothered to ask WHY they feel this way? What you have PERSONALLY done to make them feel you are not theirs? And as a last resort, possibly a DNA test to prove paternity. Although, this all sounds a bit too Jerry Springer for my taste.

All of that being said, you still have to answer the question asked by Firesong. Or Soulfire. What makes you an "expert"? How do you know that we are not as knowledgeable as you? Are you psychic? Are you the Goddess or God in disguise? Making a bold statement without proof IMMEDIATELY puts the most tenured members here on edge and on the defensive. And there are those of us here that you REALLY don't want to poke with a stick and aggravate. Just an observation and suggestion.

***Note: As I was writing, this, there were replies made to the topic. I'm too lazy to go through and edit the whole thing. LOL***
So tell me not of avatars. Show me not your proof that yours is the true god. I grant you your beliefs without question and without judgment, but if you grant me what is in my heart, then such proof is irrelevant. ~Drizzt Do'Urden
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up