Welcome, Guest
August 25, 2019, 04:42:50 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Wicca questions.  (Read 6950 times)

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
Re: Wicca questions.
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 01:00:21 PM »

We all have to be new to the Wicca religion at some point. Lots of people have questions that need answers before they can fully understand there religion, or the religion that there considering becoming a part of. Here is the perfect place to ask those questions! If you feel uncomfortable making your question puplic, feel free to contact me!  :) :) :) :) :) :)   

What is the origin of the Wiccan phrase "Blessed Be"?

Blessed be is a greeting, or a positive affirmation. The phrase is from Wiccan rede. It is used in many rituals and is simply a blessing.

Have a look deeper, it goes beyond the Rede.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 01:04:03 PM »

It is still disrespectful, it is no different than them going to a site and saying that their "evil, devil-worshipping, brainwashed child needs to be saved and prayed for". And I have my own thoughts about this post that have been made aware to at least one mod. It sounds like there is more going on than can be explained in this forum. Have you bothered to ask WHY they feel this way? What you have PERSONALLY done to make them feel you are not theirs? And as a last resort, possibly a DNA test to prove paternity. Although, this all sounds a bit too Jerry Springer for my taste.

All of that being said, you still have to answer the question asked by Firesong. Or Soulfire. What makes you an "expert"? How do you know that we are not as knowledgeable as you? Are you psychic? Are you the Goddess or God in disguise? Making a bold statement without proof IMMEDIATELY puts the most tenured members here on edge and on the defensive. And there are those of us here that you REALLY don't want to poke with a stick and aggravate. Just an observation and suggestion.

***Note: As I was writing, this, there were replies made to the topic. I'm too lazy to go through and edit the whole thing. LOL***

Alyce has asked some really good questions.  And your answers would be...
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

soulfire

• Ash
  • telestic witch
    • Believe in You!
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 01:09:48 PM »

They have every right.  They, like you, are following their beliefs.  Their "points and opinions" are the truths they believe in.   Being tolerant of anothers beliefs goes a long way toward understanding.       

QFT!

You are no better than they by judging their beliefs by YOUR standards(which are obv. different than theirs).  Be careful of the forest and trees thing.

but Thorn, thank you for giving us a glimpse into you!  It helped me to know a bit of what motivates you. blessings.

Oh, and I do not speak Wiccan, just long-time witch.
Striving for authenticity- which is not often politically correct. Get over it.

I RESPECT YOUR INDIVIDUALITY AND OPINIONS, PLEASE RESPECT MINE cuz i'll say it.

Thorn Nightwing

• Willow
  • I really don't know anything!
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 01:13:02 PM »

It is still disrespectful, it is no different than them going to a site and saying that their "evil, devil-worshipping, brainwashed child needs to be saved and prayed for". And I have my own thoughts about this post that have been made aware to at least one mod. It sounds like there is more going on than can be explained in this forum. Have you bothered to ask WHY they feel this way? What you have PERSONALLY done to make them feel you are not theirs? And as a last resort, possibly a DNA test to prove paternity. Although, this all sounds a bit too Jerry Springer for my taste.

All of that being said, you still have to answer the question asked by Firesong. Or Soulfire. What makes you an "expert"? How do you know that we are not as knowledgeable as you? Are you psychic? Are you the Goddess or God in disguise? Making a bold statement without proof IMMEDIATELY puts the most tenured members here on edge and on the defensive. And there are those of us here that you REALLY don't want to poke with a stick and aggravate. Just an observation and suggestion.

***Note: As I was writing, this, there were replies made to the topic. I'm too lazy to go through and edit the whole thing. LOL***

Let me give you further knowledge.

One day I asked my mother why her and my father felt that way about me.
Her response was, "As a Christen I loved you. But as soon as you got involed with this witchcraft I knew you were not mine"

My own father said this to me, "Athena, take a look at your sisters. We are very proud of them, the get good grades and never get in trouble. Now look at yourself, I am not proud of you. You worship the Devil, and for that I have no love for you"

Is it fair for them to treat me differently because I am not a Christen? Is fair for them to mark me as the Devils offspring? Is it fair for them to tell my family that they should also not love me? Is it far for them to boldly state that they do not love me? Is any of that fair? Is it fair that I sleep in a basement? Is it fair that they told my family that I suffer from mental disorders? Please, if you feel that the things they do are fair to me, please say something.
"I don't go looking for trouble. Trouble finds me" -J.K. Rowling

"If something goes right it's because of someone else. If something goes wrong it's probably because of me" -Daesung

"I want to show my true self, not how I want to be seen by others" -G. Dragon

Never forget to smile :)

soulfire

• Ash
  • telestic witch
    • Believe in You!
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 01:22:18 PM »

Have a look deeper, it goes beyond the Rede.

ok, as I do not use this greeting, I would like to know the origins of 'blessed be' as well (not the wiki answer), as well as 'merry meet'. Perhaps a new thread?
I have long been of the opinion that 'lace and a skirt does not make it a dress.' ~so far it has worked for me.

Thorn Nightwing

• Willow
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2013, 01:22:54 PM »

And somebody please quote me on were I said I am an  expert

"If something goes right it's because of someone else. If something goes wrong it's probably because of me" -Daesung

Thorn Nightwing

• Willow
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2013, 01:26:34 PM »

And once again, I never said I was an expert. If someone would like to disagree. Feel free, but find where I actually said. "Hey, I am an expert. I am more knowledge than anyone else on this site." 

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2013, 01:29:40 PM »

We all have to be new to the Wicca religion at some point. Lots of people have questions that need answers before they can fully understand there religion, or the religion that there considering becoming a part of. Here is the perfect place to ask those questions! If you feel uncomfortable making your question puplic, feel free to contact me!  :) :) :) :) :) :)   

And once again, I never said I was an expert. If someone would like to disagree. Feel free, but find where I actually said. "Hey, I am an expert. I am more knowledge than anyone else on this site." 

By posting your original post, you inferred you were knowledgeable enough to answer peoples questions.  I have a question for you.  How long have you been a student of Wicca?

soulfire

• Ash
  • telestic witch
    • Believe in You!
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2013, 01:32:05 PM »

I believe if you go back as Arnemetia said, and read the original post, you did indeed give those of us snarky ones that impression w/ your language. that's all. This site is notorious that way.  ;D

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2013, 01:34:05 PM »

Let me give you further knowledge.

One day I asked my mother why her and my father felt that way about me.
Her response was, "As a Christen I loved you. But as soon as you got involed with this witchcraft I knew you were not mine"

My own father said this to me, "Athena, take a look at your sisters. We are very proud of them, the get good grades and never get in trouble. Now look at yourself, I am not proud of you. You worship the Devil, and for that I have no love for you"

Is it fair for them to treat me differently because I am not a Christen? Is fair for them to mark me as the Devils offspring? Is it fair for them to tell my family that they should also not love me? Is it far for them to boldly state that they do not love me? Is any of that fair? Is it fair that I sleep in a basement? Is it fair that they told my family that I suffer from mental disorders? Please, if you feel that the things they do are fair to me, please say something.

Since I am not privy to both sides of the story, it is not for me to say.  These certainly are not things I would say to my child.  This all sounds more like there are more issues than just one of religious beliefs.

soulfire

• Ash
  • telestic witch
    • Believe in You!
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2013, 01:53:05 PM »

Having been under that paradigm for 1/2 my life, and having a 16yo, I can say this is a natural evolution for them.  They sense they are losing you. That fear is motivating them to 'strike the fear of God' in you, even threatening 'losing their love'. People do strange things when afraid.  You only have a few years left at home. keep your beliefs quiet if possible and do it their way for now to get along.  Especially if they hold the purse strings. just my $.02.

Thorn Nightwing

• Willow
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2013, 02:03:25 PM »

Clearly I did not get off on he right foot, allow me start over?

Hello, I am Thorn. Thorn is the name that I go by but my biological name would be Athena. I became first aware of the Wiccan religion after doing a religons of the world project.my friend Velma urged me to learn more about Wiccas. We read many books and took several online classes. it was not until 8th grade that I became aware that i  have many Wiccan and Pagen relatives. I quickly got in contact with my relatives and met my great aunt Nanyell. She became in a way my Wiccan teacher. I soon became a Wiccan, and as soon as I did I felt that I was "Seeing the world with different eyes". But my parents did not have the same mindset. My mother boldly said, I feel no love for you. God made a mistake and gave me the wrong child". My father was not shy with his response "I can't believe I once felt love for you. You are not mine, you are the devils offspring.". They sold my bed and forced me to live in the basement. They told there new friends who were un aware of me that i was merely there late friends child (Late as in dead). They had there last names change so anyone who did not know any better would assume that i belonged to a different family. they also made it clear that I suffered form several mental problems.

If there a re still any questions still lingering about me, ask away.   

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2013, 02:13:24 PM »

Hello, I am Thorn. Thorn is the name that I go by but my biological name would be Athena. I became first aware of the Wiccan religion after doing a religons of the world project.my friend Velma urged me to learn more about Wiccas. We read many books and took several online classes. it was not until 8th grade that I became aware that i  have many Wiccan and Pagen relatives. I quickly got in contact with my relatives and met my great aunt Nanyell. She became in a way my Wiccan teacher. I soon became a Wiccan, and as soon as I did I felt that I was "Seeing the world with different eyes". But my parents did not have the same mindset. My mother boldly said, I feel no love for you. God made a mistake and gave me the wrong child". My father was not shy with his response "I can't believe I once felt love for you. You are not mine, you are the devils offspring.". They sold my bed and forced me to live in the basement. They told there new friends who were un aware of me that i was merely there late friends child (Late as in dead). They had there last names change so anyone who did not know any better would assume that i belonged to a different family. they also made it clear that I suffered form several mental problems.

Well, Thorn, I am going to be brutally honest here.  You are either a victim of extreme child abuse, do have some severe problems or are full of $hit and think we are too stupid to see through your BS.  Guess which one I'm leaning toward. 

Thorn Nightwing

• Willow
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2013, 02:23:01 PM »

Well, Thorn, I am going to be brutally honest here.  You are either a victim of extreme child abuse, do have some severe problems or are full of $hit and think we are too stupid to see through your BS.  Guess which one I'm leaning toward.

Oh really? You think I would lie to make my life seem worse? If anyone would lie about who they are and what they have been through, I am sure they would lie to make themselves seem better. And don't you dare say I am doing it for attention, because thats one sick and twisted way to get it. I don't even now you, and you want to pick a fight with me? You have no idea what I have been through and you want to try to challenge me? I highly doubt that anything that has ever happened to you is even close to whats happened to me. Yes you probably think your better that me, and you are probably right.  And it's not child abuse, they have never hit me or anything. I ask that you at least know my full story before you decide that you can say that about me.     

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2013, 02:34:34 PM »

I do not pick fights.  Nor have I challenged you.  I am not better than anyone, have no desire to be.  Yes, I do believe you are seeking attention.  I have lived a good many years and have a history you have no idea of, so don't even go there.  I am simply stating things as I read them.  Child abuse does not have to be hitting.  Emotional abuse can be worse.  I think you probably need someone you can talk to, not a forum such as this.  I wish you well. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up