Welcome, Guest
August 24, 2019, 10:50:26 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wicca questions.  (Read 6948 times)

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
Re: Wicca questions.
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2013, 05:20:38 PM »

http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/glossary/g/Blessed_Be.htm
Here's one website that may answer one of the questions not really sure how helpful it will be though.

Thanks Rowanmarie... I already know the answer... I asked to see if Thorn would answer correctly.  It's the first thing I ask Wiccans I don't know... the answer is that it represents the five-fold kiss...
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

Rowanmarie

• Holly
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2013, 06:25:39 PM »

Here's one website that may answer one of the questions not really sure how helpful it will be though.

Thanks Rowanmarie... I already know the answer... I asked to see if Thorn would answer correctly.  It's the first thing I ask Wiccans I don't know... the answer is that it represents the five-fold kiss...
Well I guess ill just sit here looking dumb  ;D
Now what is this I hear about icecream??

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2013, 07:16:20 PM »

No such thing as a dumb question. I think Khara will have to set up an ice cream sundae bar.....still waiting for the lessons to begin. I have my notebook, pen, & tape recorder ready.
So tell me not of avatars. Show me not your proof that yours is the true god. I grant you your beliefs without question and without judgment, but if you grant me what is in my heart, then such proof is irrelevant. ~Drizzt Do'Urden

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2013, 07:53:33 PM »

Thank you all so much! I was about ready to just give up and delete my account.  ;D

Now now....  You can't delete your own account......  :-p
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Rowanmarie

• Holly
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2013, 08:11:28 PM »

Now Now.... It's great to see us all getting along! *nudgenudge* Khara's ice cream bar* has a nice ring to it! ;D

missy82261

• Willow
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2013, 08:57:07 PM »

This may be slightly off topic, but after some of the teenage crap I pulled my poor parents barely batted an eye when I started researching Witchcraft.  I admit it started out as another way to shock them but I found something there that mellowed me out.
She drank from a bottle called DRINK ME
And up she grew so tall,
She ate from a plate called TASTE ME
And down she shrank so small.
And so she changed, while other folks
Never tried nothin’ at all.   shel silverstein

Rowanmarie

• Holly
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2013, 09:23:48 PM »

It seems Everyone has stories of difficultys they've faced due through their religion. While I'm just sitting here with absolutley none. Not that I'm complaining! My parents have been completely fine with it, not minding at all while the only thing I get from other relatives is a shrug. Also having no problems telling anyone I've ever made friends with about my beliefs.

Wow there was no point to my story at all. Well ya learn something new everyday!

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2013, 10:32:40 PM »

Well I guess ill just sit here looking dumb  ;D
Now what is this I hear about icecream??

No harm no foul darlin'... I wasn't really pickin' on Thorn... I just like to know where somebody sits before they tell me where they stand.

Thorn, welcome to TCC.
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2013, 01:55:54 PM »

Far be it from me for wanting to criticize anyone willing to help anyone in the realm of Wicca.

I really have no problem with that, at all.

I just worry about the information itself.  Different traditions have different texts, different interpretations.  I have spent some time now affixing my nihil obstat to several masters / doctoral level papers for family and friends, so I KNOW how easily "tinted" a tenet can be.

As long as it is all "general" knowledge being shared, (not secrets or oathbound issues of a tradition), no harm / no foul; because YES, we were all new at one point.  I was "new" for about fifteen years!
How soon IS now and who IS John Galt?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up