Welcome, Guest
December 13, 2018, 09:00:28 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fairies  (Read 23703 times)

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
Re: Fairies
« Reply #135 on: September 07, 2013, 07:03:59 PM »

I have been shrunk down to 3 inches tall (along with my daughter) and met SEVERAL fairies over the course of a year. In fact, at one point my daughter played Pixie Tag with a Garden Fairy. It was HILARIOUS! Other than that, I have no expert opinion........
So tell me not of avatars. Show me not your proof that yours is the true god. I grant you your beliefs without question and without judgment, but if you grant me what is in my heart, then such proof is irrelevant. ~Drizzt Do'Urden

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #136 on: September 08, 2013, 08:58:58 AM »

I have spent much time walking in the woods around my area.  I have come across stones, sticks, plants and mushrooms arranged in circles in places where it could not have been manmade.  Are they of the Fae?  I don't know but knowing what little I do about them, I leave them be.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

Myrea

• Willow
« Reply #137 on: September 08, 2013, 10:53:03 AM »

I wanted to reply earlier, but couldn't since the topic was locked.

I don't mean to bash anyone, or step on toes! This is only my opinion (based on some research)

In Dutch, a "Faery/Fairy/Faerie/... ring" is called Heksenkring (translated to English a "Witches circle"). It has no connection to Faery/Fairy/Faerie/... in our language. In old times, people who came across a witches circle, believed that was a place where witches had held rituals. It IS said, though, that entering a witches circle can be dangerous. That once you enter, you can get "locked" inside and won't be able to get out without help... The reason WHY you won't be able to get out, I didn't find out.

It could be that Faery/Fairy/Faerie/... make you stay inside the witches circle. It could also be something completely different. I, for one, know I will never deliberately enter one. I wouldn't want to take the risk to get trapped...
I am curious though, what would happen if you entered one without knowing it?

I have never met Fae/Faery/Fairy/Faerie/... Tales about them have always intrigued me, but from your posts, I don't know if I would actually WANT to meet them.

Micheál

• Orange
  • Yeeeooo!
« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2013, 07:32:50 PM »

Thanks Micheal , that was interesting to hear .
No worries, she has some good stuff  :)
Semper Fi
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up