Welcome, Guest
July 22, 2019, 04:38:25 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 818 times)

Brigid

• Meṁber
  • Alder
Hello
« on: March 08, 2013, 03:35:21 PM »

Hello to everyone. Another newbie to the forums here.

For me the principles of wiccan are not new, rather the idea that they are associated with an organsied group are.  I have always been living my life based on many of the same values and ideas, and coming from a celtic family this just seems a natural thought process for me.

I have spent a long time searching for those things that resonate with me, and as a result have looked at many different religions, and taken the parts that I can relate to. I consider myself eclectic in views and values, but it works for me.

Recently I had personal upheaval and lost my way, and am now coming back to all those things that help me to live in better balance. In many ways it feels like coming home, back to the arms of something familiar, something that helps me keep the light in my life.

I have begun the initial process of reading, reading, reading.  I checked through the list that is on here for the recommended reads and have picked several to go through.  I am quite inspired, and am looking forward to this new path of learning.  Being an artist I can also feel my mojo coming back after months of it being missing in action.

It's more than likely I will be a quiet member on here, maybe adding only if and when I feel I can.  But I will check n regularly, and read, as so far what I have read has been very interesting and informative.  I just wanted to take this opportunity to say hello and I am here.

Blessing to you all

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 03:52:57 PM »

Well met and Welcome to TCC Brigid,

Well, what can I say? you've deprived me of my usual rhetoric about reading and checking our threads and so on as part of my welcome speech.... <<Methinks I must be getting predictable>>   :o :o

I'm sure we would enjoy having you share with us as and when you feel compelled and just ask us and we will help.

I'm not sure you could say Wicca was associated with an organised group per se, only as much as a covenstead would be concerned; bearing in mind most covens have their own way of doing things.

Welcome be and Blessed be.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 07:19:07 AM »

Greetings Brigid , enjoy the reading .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 04:08:25 PM »

Hello Brigid nice to meet ya.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Rowanmarie

• Holly
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 10:19:33 PM »

Welcome Brigid.

OpalButterfly

• Orange
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 10:23:09 AM »

Hello Brigid. Good to meet you. I'm new too, so we can be new together. :)
"All of us are in the Gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." ~ Lady 's Windermere's Fan, Oscar Wilde
Pages: [1]   Go Up